Bahamas Options

djede

Ok

In am trying to plan a vacation via a cruise ...for a family get together

My thoughts were do the imperial cruise and stay package ..if we stay at the comfort suites we can use the Atlantis for free . However there has been a lot of negative stuff said about this cruise line

can anyone else make a suggestion about a cruise land package

Thanks

Ed

There is also Discovery Sun that acts as a ferry to Grand Bahama Island from Fort Lauderdale. I can't personally recommend it, but a friend said they did it as a change and the price was right. Regal Empress is a very old (as cruise ships go) and small cruise ship, but she is a classic ocean liner design, and might be a good experience if you don't have a long cruise history. That said, she is newer and about the same size as the first ship I ever cruised on. If I lived nearby, I would sail on her at least once. EM

http://www.discoverycruiseline.com/

Have you thought about just a cruise and not staying in a hotel and not on the OLD Imperial? You can still go to Nassau on a ship and other ports as well. We know cruising is a LOT less than staying in any decent hotel anywhere and that's before you figure all meals + more. On a cruise you get your room with room steward, ALL your meals and LOTS of food at all hours, shows, lounges, sun, pool, dancing, etc. all for one price. You only pay for bar bills and spa on the ship, just about everything else is included in one price. Land vacations can't come close price wise. Recently have seen 7 days for only $399 per person - and that includes port tax.

ALL good ideas...I thought a cruise with a couple nights stay on an island would be good . My brother in-law he say he doesn't think he will like be stuck on a ship and yes he has seen pact cruise pictures

So he doesn't want to do a cruise just a vacation so I figured I would try to get him to do a shuttle type cruise so maybe this would break him in so to speak.

I did look at discovery last night they have a special going on sail and stay at Viva Wyndham Fortuna ...all inclusive maybe this would be ok ...my parents went a while back as a weekend retreat

I would love to just cruise there on a 4 day Carnival cruise ...but I don't think it would work .

Bonnie what cruise line for 7 days

Thanks

Ed

Archived