Spanx Bodyshapers

burm

Another weird question. Anyone have any Spanx bodyshapers? These are the undergarments so heavily endorsed by Oprah for holding it all in. Apparently even all the size 2 actresses and models wear them, as well as those of us who actually need them.

Are they really that great and would they be appropriate for a cruise? You wouldn't want something that made you feel all hot and sweaty and constricted. They are supposed to be comfortable but how can they be if they are all that effective for doing what they are supposed to do????

They are fantastic. Spanx Higher Power are the best.

Would you wear them in a tropical setting?

I understand that they are much lighter and more comfortable than those awful old girdles used to be. (I still remember my mother's old corsets with the whale bone :D )

Anyone have their capris or skirts?

Would you wear them in a tropical setting?

I understand that they are much lighter and more comfortable than those awful old girdles used to be. (I still remember my mother's old corsets with the whale bone :D )

Anyone have their capris or skirts?

Sorry, I meant to say Spanx capris or skirts?

I just returned home with my new Spanx. They really do make you look nice and trim. Unfortunately, I was unsure about size so I decided to go with the regular waisted Power Panties for $12 less. I should have gone to the Higher Power that go up under the bust.

I wish we could get the cut offs and the skirts (outerwear) here.

I have worn them on my last two cruises - Eastern and Southern - and they were fine comfort wise. I love the bicycle short style for my summery dresses and wear the ones that go down to the calf with pants. This way I was still able to wear cute sandals. They are awesome at smoothing out all of the lumps and bumps. I am a size 4, and try not to wear pants without them. Well worth the money in my opinion.

I have taken my Spanx on my past two cruises and worn them almost every night! (Yes, I have more than one pair!) You will not get overheated in them even if you are dancing. Never go on a cruise without them. Once you wear Spanx, you will never wear a girdle again! If you do not own a pair yet, try to find a store where you can try them on. They come in many different styles and some seem to have more control than others.

I was wondering,I'm going to be in Orlando in Apr before our cruise and would love to buy a pair of high power spanx.Can someone tell me where I can get them.(what stores carry them?)We have them here where I live but they were out of those ones.I have a belly and want one for my dresses for the cruise.

Thanks

About how much do they cost?

I was wondering,I'm going to be in Orlando in Apr before our cruise and would love to buy a pair of high power spanx.Can someone tell me where I can get them.(what stores carry them?)We have them here where I live but they were out of those ones.I have a belly and want one for my dresses for the cruise.

Thanks

If you go to the website for Spanx:

http://www.spanx.com/pls/enetrixp/!stmenu_template.main?complex_id_in=477024.488866..488866.cat

They list local stores that carry it - like - Nordstroms, Chicos, Lord and Taylor and many more. I would then call the store and make sure that they have it in stock.

I also learned to order a size larger as they are tight. For me, the normal size was just too tight and hard to roll up. A size larger was perfect and kept all the rolls under control.:rolleyes:

Thanks

Canada:

http://www.whatgirlswant.ca/index.html

They have the outerwear, capris and skirts too. Hard to get in Canada.

If you wear the Spanx that go just below your bra, do they roll down?

I just bought the Power Panties that stop at the waist yesterday and wish I had purchased the Higher Power. The ones that stop at the waist are only for women who don't really need them :D

I would really love to get the Bod-a-Bing! Cropped Pants and skirt. Anyone have them?

Oh, I really love mine. I have 2 formals that I wear them with because I hate the little rolls on my sides. I'm not a hole lot over weight but I could use to lose 10-15 pounds:eek: Not going to give up my chocolat! I have a pair of white gauze capri's too and they really are great for that. I have a pair that go right under the bra line and they are very comfortable, just don't wait till the last minute to go to the bathroom:rolleyes: I also wear a pair under my shorts when I'm at the gym so you can't see underwear when the legs gap open:D Try them!

Happy cruising, Pam

Oh, I really love mine. I have 2 formals that I wear them with because I hate the little rolls on my sides. I'm not a hole lot over weight but I could use to lose 10-15 pounds:eek: Not going to give up my chocolat! I have a pair of white gauze capri's too and they really are great for that. I have a pair that go right under the bra line and they are very comfortable, just don't wait till the last minute to go to the bathroom:rolleyes: I also wear a pair under my shorts when I'm at the gym so you can't see underwear when the legs gap open:D Try them!

Happy cruising, Pam

Question...

the ones that go all the way up..

I believe they are called higher power or something..

Anywhoo,that seam under the bra, does it create a ridge if you wore something thin?

Also, what about the leg...

I want to know if it causes a problem in the thigh area even though it claims there is no band.

Does it create a bulge:eek: there?

Thanks!

I got a Sears brand same idea as Spanx to try out.

Wearing today for first time & they do roll down & it is driving me crazy!

If I stand only or sit only but stand & then sit & they roll.

They do create a ridge between the bra & top of high waisted panty!

BUT they do smooth things out wonderfully !!

So need info from girls wearing the higher power regarding rolling & ridge PLEASE.

I have to order online so want it to be right.

Thanks

el tigre

I just ordered a Spanx short black skirt to take on our cruise. They sound great. Washable, non-wrinkling and they have an attached shaping liner. Should be perfect for shipwear. It might hide the extra pounds I put on.

Archived