2009 Princess Prices

FredS

Took a look at Princess web site and the Europe trip prices look real high to me compared with last year and this (2008) year. I don't think they even started that high. Specifically the transatlantic from Dover to NY at the end of Aug 2009. outiside is about double what it was for this year. It may come down some but I cannot imagine it coming down by half.

I think some are considerably higher such as the one you pointed out, but others are completely inline with 08. The Greek Isles one is the same price as we paid for 08. Others have definitely gone up, but the one you were looking at, my opinion, the price is insane for an 18 day transatlantic.

Took a look at Princess web site and the Europe trip prices look real high to me compared with last year and this (2008) year. I don't think they even started that high. Specifically the transatlantic from Dover to NY at the end of Aug 2009. outiside is about double what it was for this year. It may come down some but I cannot imagine it coming down by half.

The 2008 cruise is totally different.

It is on the Sea Princess and not the Tahitian princess (smaller ships usually are more expensive)

The 2009 itinerary has 4 more days and 7 more ports. This is not a repositioning cruise but rather a destination cruise.

Minsuite and balconys are no where near double the price.

Comparing prices for a AB mini suite -

2008 $314.29 pp/day

2009 $334.17 pp/day

For a BB the difference is $52.26 per day and possibly that is because there has been a price reduction for 2008?

Repositioning cruises like the Sea Princess 2008 are some of the best bargins to be had.

Hi sidari the prices for uk passengers dont become available till mid april, when you log on to princess.com it now recognises you are from the uk and only shows the the uk version of there website. europe 2009 goes on sale in us one month before uk, contacted princess uk today to complain but they said there is nothing they can do.

Thanks Dazza for that, looks like its their way of selling the cheaper cabins first! why should Europe have to wait another month for the prices? its not as though they do not know what they will be.

where in M/cr are you based?

Hi sidari the prices for uk passengers dont become available till mid april, when you log on to princess.com it now recognises you are from the uk and only shows the the uk version of there website. europe 2009 goes on sale in us one month before uk, contacted princess uk today to complain but they said there is nothing they can do.

Why not just book with a US Travel agent like we do?

A lot cheaper, and you are free to cancel/change your booking without

losing your deposit (we learnt this the hard way a few years ago!)

I know that Princess say that UK passengers are "forbidden"

from booking with US agents, but that is just a scare tactic

to force UK passengers to pay higher prices - you will not be

refused boarding or be made to walk the plank... ;)

MARK

Archived