DH doesn't want to bring his tuxedo with him

DKane

My husband said he doesn't want to bring his tuxedo with him on our trip next week because it takes up too much space (and all the bells and whistles that go along with it). He wants to wear his sports jacket and slacks to the formal nights. The problem with that is I think we'll look like a pair of mismatched socks because I intend to wear a very dressy long dress (gown?) to dinner for the first formal night and a short cocktail dress for the second one. I wonder if I should now run out and buy another short dress or if I should just wear what I was planning to wear all along (the long dress) and don't worry about it at all.

My husband said he doesn't want to bring his tuxedo with him on our trip next week because it takes up too much space (and all the bells and whistles that go along with it). He wants to wear his sports jacket and slacks to the formal nights. The problem with that is I think we'll look like a pair of mismatched socks because I intend to wear a very dressy long dress (gown?) to dinner for the first formal night and a short cocktail dress for the second one. I wonder if I should now run out and buy another short dress or if I should just wear what I was planning to wear all along (the long dress) and don't worry about it at all.

IMO you will indeed look mismatched in a gown with your husband dressed as you describe. If he will not bring his tux, then I would wear a silk dress or other dinner dress to complement his choice. Even a cocktail dress is overdressed for a sportcoat and slacks. JMO.

Well, after a nice weekend, he has decided to bring his tuxedo and all that goes with it to our cruise next week!

Archived