12x12x12 Cooler

phinfan63

Has anyone found a cooler that meets the size standard for the cruise? Preferably on rollers :D

I have been searching the internet and have yet to find one that small and the ones i did find didn't have wheels.

Thanks!

I bring the 5-quart Coleman Take-5 cooler on my cruises. It's 7" x 10.5" x 8.25" ... plenty big.

I just hook the handle over my carry-on's pull-handle piggy-back style, and it sits perfectly balanced on top of my carry-on.

They also have an 8 quart personal size that is 10" x 12.25" x 9.5", but that's quite bulky.

I bring the 5-quart Coleman Take-5 cooler on my cruises. It's 7" x 10.5" x 8.25" ... plenty big.

I just hook the handle over my carry-on's pull-handle piggy-back style, and it sits perfectly balanced on top of my carry-on.

They also have an 8 quart personal size that is 10" x 12.25" x 9.5", but that's quite bulky.

There is a new rule the carry on coolers have to be 12 x 12 x 12. So you may get stopped now. Thats why some are going to collasipble coolers.

I don't carry a cooler. On 7 day cruises, I pack what I want in a suitcase and send it via porter with checked luggage. on short cruises, I drink what they have on the ship. or take a 12 pk of pepsi in my suitcase. Huge suitcase everything fits in it except dress clothes.

Collapsable is probably better. Just stick it in your luggage to take on and when your done. Walmart and Target has some nice size ones that'll hold at least two six pack w/ice.

I am going to order the Carnival cooler through their website.

1. I don't have to worry about space or forgetting it.

2. Stylish tilly hat:p

3. Corona never hurt.:cool:

Wonder if people bring coolers, beer, soda, etc. on board is the reason Carnival had to finally make some rules?

Some people in line look like they are going camping!

Do ya think?

Firefly, thanks for the reply.

Yeah i'm not looking to bring the whole store with me like some people do, LOL, but my son likes soda and I have to have some bottled water for me and I don't feel like paying $3 a bottle. Just bringing a couple to save some cash and keep that S&S bill down a little. Thanks.:rolleyes:

I Have A Collapsible That's 12x12x13. Does Anyone Think I'll Have A Problem Bringing It On With Soda And Water In It? It's Smaller Than The Allowable Carry On. :d Thanks

In Mobile last week my 12x12x13 collapsible cooler was confiscated by security. They also said even if I had packed in checked luggage they would have taken it! (yeah right).

Perfect, I didn't think about that :confused:

NOW, if someone can tell me how to do more than one quote at a time, I would be so grateful :D

In Mobile last week my 12x12x13 collapsible cooler was confiscated by security. They also said even if I had packed in checked luggage they would have taken it! (yeah right).

Wow then other ports are now cracking down. I thought it was only out of Calif.

I wouldnt bring on a cooler, we just bring a few sodas in our suitcase.

11.75 x 9.5 x 13.5

wal-mart 38.87 On line.

Dimensions: 13.5"L x 9.5"W x 19"H

also wal mart. 39.94

hope this helps.

Both exceed the new 12x12x12 max in at least one dimension so should not be allowed under the new rules. 1st one might squeak by; 2nd one highly doubtful.

I will share with you the experience that I just had at Port Canaveral with my brand new rolling cooler. I read on here that is was okay as long as it met the size dimensions. I found one, bought it, packed it, checked it with the porters and I thought great I am good to go. Wrong. I received a phone call from security at about 3 p.m. We were leaving at 4 p.m. I was called down to homeland security and was told that cooler of ANY kind were not allowed on board. I could take all of the contents and they did give me a trash bag to put my soda (diet dr pepper not offered on board and coke and water). I then had to carry it up to my room. I saw a huge pile of coolers. Even the ones that are used for lunch that would only carry a few cans of soda. The reason that I was given was that coolers will not xray and contraband and or explosives could be hidden in them. It was a little unnerving to have to get off the ship and go back into the terminal like I was a criminal. The security guard asked me if I had packed any guns or knives. I was like NO but I was thinking my bag was out of sight for a long time so anyone could have put something in it. So by the time we got to the terminal where they scan all the luggage I was relieved that it was just a cooler. So it was a $25 lesson I learned.

What we did was cleaned out the small trash can in the room, added one of the jumbo zip lock bags as a liner and asked the room steward to fill with ice. He did this twice per day and we had our cold sodas.

So my advice to all of you is to NOT bring any type of coolers. I don't think this is Carnival's rule. I think it is homeland security. At least that is what homeland security told me.

Karen

I have the rolling 16"X16"X16" one...I was going to fill it with shoes and check it as luggage.......do you think it will work??? I was going to carry a 6 pack of water with me...

Prev. poster....yes the collapseable ones leak, that is why I put it in the shower, set it on a towel when in the shower......or you could put it on the balcony (I believe they have a drain system on the balconies)..

Archived