12x12x12 Cooler

phinfan63

Click on the little plus sign in the middle on the bottom wright. Next to the Quote button. Then click on another plus etc etc. When you get to the bottom, Click the "post reply" button on the left side.

There you go!

Thanks! I guess we are almost neighbors :)

I just found this on the carnival web site dated 2-11-08

Hi Kim,

If it’s packed in the checked luggage that’s fine but large coolers or cases of beverages will not be able to go through the embarkation lines (only small individual coolers that are no larger the 12x12x12 will make it through as a carry on).

Cheers!

Stephanie

Carnival Cruise Lines Staff

This is from the Carnival Web Site:

LARGE COOLERS RESTRICTION:

Carnival Cruise Lines does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Nana has diabetes so we always carry a large cooler for her medicine; we are going on cruise six on CCL in August and never had a problem taking the cooler (it is pretty good size, about the size of a medium suitcase). We just tape the top closed, we also bring along soda and water we were told as long as we do not bring enough to sell, they do not mind!

Thanks! I guess we are almost neighbors :)

Relatively YES.

Im hoping this cooler confiscation thing is just a "spring break" thing. I remember last year about spring break time they confiscated a lot of liquor from checked bags in NOLA. Then we sailed from there later and had NO problem.

Nana has diabetes so we always carry a large cooler for her medicine; we are going on cruise six on CCL in August and never had a problem taking the cooler (it is pretty good size, about the size of a medium suitcase). We just tape the top closed, we also bring along soda and water we were told as long as we do not bring enough to sell, they do not mind!

I guess the caution I would give you is that, just because you didn't have a problem in the past, does not mean you won't have next time. The rules changed in January and there have been several reports here of people having to ditch their coolers at the port prior to boarding. Since you must have one for medicine, you may want to contact carnival special needs in advance to see if there are other arrangements that can be made.

Do they go through your carry-on luggage? I was noticing that the cooler posted from Wal-Mart for 39.94 in the dimensions of 13.5" x 9.5" x 19" actually looks like carry-on luggage. If they go through your luggage then it would be a problem but if they don't go through your carry-on that would be a great cooler. It is on wheels and actually doesn't look like a cooler. What does everyone say to that? I haven't been on my first cruise yet and this is also an issue for us as my husband has hyperglycemia and we like to bring our own orange juice so he can have it handy in our room. We are very wary of "orange juice" in buffets or served in restaurants as a lot of them don't actually use straight orange juice. They mix pineapple juice with it and my husband is deathly allergic to pineapple. Will they allow us to bring on orange juice for his hyperglycemia?

Do they go through your carry-on luggage? I was noticing that the cooler posted from Wal-Mart for 39.94 in the dimensions of 13.5" x 9.5" x 19" actually looks like carry-on luggage. If they go through your luggage then it would be a problem but if they don't go through your carry-on that would be a great cooler.

They xray it and can see it. The xray needs to be able to go thru the walls of the cooler. If it is made to be a cooler it will have thicker walls than regular carry on luggage. At least to me they would see it in the x ray.

Archived