Help finding fun and good food in NO

lookingtorelax

The night before our cruise, we will have a group of 50 that will be staying in NO. We don't all need to get together, but I would like to be able to give everyone some great ideas on where to visit and eat. This may be the only time many of us make a visit to NO. Can anyone help out with some favorite food places and fun stops. Thanks!

Gumbo Shop in the Quarter is our total fave - we eat almost every meal there. It's on St Peter a few blocks down from Pat O'Briens. Pat O's is a must do for the drinkers in your crowd. Court of Three Sisters is excellent. Desire Oyster Bar is another great option. Most places in the Quarter are small so bear that in mind. Cafe du Monde is a great stop for beignets and cafe au lait for a late night or a morning stop. Hope this helps.

I grew up in New Orleans and some of my favorite places to eat in the French Quarter are: Ralph and Kackoos (for great seafood dishes) and the House of Blues (for a variety of southern cruisine). Uptown I recommend Superior Grill for it's mexican food and drinks (the margaritas are excellent). I also recommend Cafe Du Monde for the beignets and coffee for either dessert or breakfast.

The night before our cruise, we will have a group of 50 that will be staying in NO. We don't all need to get together, but I would like to be able to give everyone some great ideas on where to visit and eat. This may be the only time many of us make a visit to NO. Can anyone help out with some favorite food places and fun stops. Thanks!

We love Mulate's...good food, awesome local entertainment, and a great place to watch the locals dance that crazy Cajun two-step. It's on Julia Street in the warehouse district...across the street from the Convention Center, Riverwalk, and the cruise ships. They can also accommodate large groups. Just google the name and you'll find their website.

Their bread pudding is divine.

We love Mulate's...good food, awesome local entertainment, and a great place to watch the locals dance that crazy Cajun two-step. It's on Julia Street in the warehouse district...across the street from the Convention Center, Riverwalk, and the cruise ships. They can also accommodate large groups. Just google the name and you'll find their website.

Their bread pudding is divine.

Thanks for the reply. That is a new place I had not heard of yet. DC

Thanks for the reply. That is a new place I had not heard of yet. DC

A lot of people don't make it to Mulates - and it is a lot of fun. It's one of the places you can see true Cajun food and traditions.

• 3 months later...
Acme Oyster House. We found it right after our last cruise from NOLA. Ate there in the evening and again the next day before we left for our flight home.

Charlie

Anyone know anyplace that serves Frog Legs? I have only been to NOLA once, I was just a little tiny girl (yes I was tiny at one time) anyone my mom ordered Frog Legs, I tasted them and to this day I love them, but rarely find anyplace that serves them.

Nita

Archived