All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Hi all if anyone can send me the Eastern & Western Compasses i willl be very greatful.

bazzerfrog @ yahoo . co . uk

Thanks for the Eastern Compasses (Jeff Steelers fan).

Has anyone got the western ones thanks.

Not long now till our first Back to Back. :D:D:D:D

We sailed on Freedom of the Seas last week (Eastern itinerary). Missed Cococay but did stop in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Richard Spacey was still cruise-directing until he leaves for Oasis. Hysterical - my boys loved him so much.

I haven't done a trip report but thought I'd share pictures:

Freedom of the Seas:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/Freedom%20of%20the%20Seas/

We were in Cabin 9526 - a D1 category, port side forward.

And as long as I'm posting, here's the link to our St. Maarten and St. Thomas days:

St. Maarten day: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/St%20Maarten/

St. Thomas day:

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c172/nzmommy/St%20Thomas/

Hi!

We are doing this itinerary in February. I'm guessing that when the ship can't make Coco Cay you spend another day at sea?

TIA!

Edited by DuchessSophie

Well I'm now really confused as well as we received a recent compass that showed formal nites 2nd and 6th rather than the 5th night so we changed our Portofinos reservation. I'm wondering if we need to change it back. Hope you can verify the 2nd formal nite once you return from your cruise!

I am hoping to find out too before I leave but if not, I will be back to let you know before your cruise.

We sailed November 29 and it was Allen Brooks and he was great! We brought our two kids on there first cruise and yesturday I heard them playing and my son was saying "And now here is Allen Brooks!" I think he made an impression on him:) Have a blast, I know we did!!!!!!!!!!

Muster drill was 4pm on the October 25th Western Caribbean run, all facilities shut down at 3.45. Formal nights that week were 2nd (Monday) and 6th (Friday).

What a fantastic ship - I am deeply envious of anyone boarding in the coming weeks!

We have the Oasis booked for August 2010. We have a crown loft and an inside for the kids (13 and 18) . After seeing pics of the ship ,even though it is beautiful, we are having second thoughts. We take a vacation to mexico each year and stay in a nice resort...so the thought of the ship not feeling like a ship...well. I decided I'd rather do a week on the Freedom and we could stay in a GS and the kids in a ocean veiw balcony and still it would be cheaper and I'm sure just as much fun! I'm just thinking that we could take 2 cruises for what we are paying for the 1 on Oasis and maybe see the Oasis when the prices go down.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hateing on the Oasis but after looking at some real life pictures not just the drawings it looks too "closed in " .

Does anyone think I'm crazy ?

We have the Oasis booked for August 2010. We have a crown loft and an inside for the kids (13 and 18) . After seeing pics of the ship ,even though it is beautiful, we are having second thoughts. We take a vacation to mexico each year and stay in a nice resort...so the thought of the ship not feeling like a ship...well. I decided I'd rather do a week on the Freedom and we could stay in a GS and the kids in a ocean veiw balcony and still it would be cheaper and I'm sure just as much fun! I'm just thinking that we could take 2 cruises for what we are paying for the 1 on Oasis and maybe see the Oasis when the prices go down.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hateing on the Oasis but after looking at some real life pictures not just the drawings it looks too "closed in " .

Does anyone think I'm crazy ?

No, we were originally booked on Oasis and ended up on FOS. You can get some ok prices on Oasis, but not during the summer.

We are sailing on the 7/11 cruise, and i am curious what time the port opens, and what time they generally start boarding. We don't mind waiting in line at the port to board.

We like to be among the first onboard, to enjoy lunch and a quick lunch and some time by the pool before the it gets crowded (as i know it will :)).

Also- what are your thoughts on catching an 11am flight out of MCO (Orlando)?

Thanks!

We are sailing on the 7/11 cruise, and i am curious what time the port opens, and what time they generally start boarding. We don't mind waiting in line at the port to board.

We like to be among the first onboard, to enjoy lunch and a quick lunch and some time by the pool before the it gets crowded (as i know it will :)).

Also- what are your thoughts on catching an 11am flight out of MCO (Orlando)?

Thanks!

If you want to be one of the first on the ship, get there about 11am. Chances are boarding will begin between 11:30 and noon. If you get there any earlier, you might be closer to the front of the line, but you will also end up waiting longer.

Figure about one hour to get to the airport and at least one hour to make it through security. That means you have to be through customs by 9am to make an 11am flight. I would look for a 1pm flight or later. In fact, when I was there last time I took a 6 or 7pm flight home. I rented a car and spent the day at Sea World.