Galaxy, Southern Caribbean, 3-7 To 3/17

Lois R

Muster was between dinner times (if memory serves).

I am almost 100% sure my muster was before dinner....

If Donald reads this review he can confirm it too.

Muster was at 8pm and second dinner was at 8:30pm.

I had a great time on the cruise! Nice photos in your gallery, too!

Donald.

Hi Donald:) I think we both had a great time!

The wine on the last evening was FABULOUS:D

Speaking of wine......I put a deposit down today on the

Wine Cruise in October on Mercury....wanna go????:)

Oh...I forgot, you are on Vision of the Seas at that time.....

we will pass along the seas somewhere again I am sure!:)

Hi Bright, sorry we didn't get to meet. Glad you enjoyed

yourselves.:)

Sue, I figured out how to post the one photo:D!

Good for you! Isn't it great when we can figure these computer things out?! Is the photo the one of you with all those handsome men?? :D

Hi Donald:) I think we both had a great time!

The wine on the last evening was FABULOUS:D

Speaking of wine......I put a deposit down today on the

Wine Cruise in October on Mercury....wanna go????:)

Oh...I forgot, you are on Vision of the Seas at that time.....

we will pass along the seas somewhere again I am sure!:)

The South African dessert wine which you bought for the table on the last night was really nice! I hadn't tasted anything like that before.

I gained only three pounds during the 10 days of the cruise on the Galaxy, thanks to having booked a cabin on the lowest deck and not using the elevators. The trips up and down all these stairs several times daily were good exercise.

I checked the Mercury's itinerary - she arrives in San Diego on October 22, and four days later I sail from Los Angeles on the Vision of the Seas. Not doable. I'm sure that we'll be on the same cruise again sometime in the future.

Donald.

Good for you! Isn't it great when we can figure these computer things out?! Is the photo the one of you with all those handsome men?? :D

Yes, that is THE one:D

Hi Lois. I'm packing for my trip to Dothan, Alabama to see the kids. Took time out this evening to catch up on the latest posts on your Galaxy review link and look at your Galaxy Pictures. Loved them!!! What a grand time you had.

Loved looking at the Galaxy. She's a beauty.

Loved your outfits...you looked darling. Especially liked that black dinner dress. Very cool.

I also liked seeing pics of the Galaxy crew with their names taged on the pics ~ that was neat. So many are like family to you. I think on my next cruise I need to spend more time getting acquainted with the crew.

You know...when Jim and I cruised on the Galaxy....on our very first cruise....we were such novices. Didn't have a clue about what cruising is all about. What we did know for sure was that the Galaxy was big (we saw her from the air when flying in to San Juan)...but didn't realize how wonderful she is. Hope to cruise on her again someday.

Your pics were awesome. :) :) :) Thanks so much for posting the link.

Talk to you later.

Jeanne

Hi Lois,

Really enjoyed your review, sounds like you had a great time. Loved the photos, especially the one with all the boys. Those X boys are all sooooooooooo NICE !!!!!!!!!!! I recognize the officer in some of your pictures . I think he was on the Mercury before. Am I right? Although I don't remember his name or his position.

Hi,:) there are a lot of pictures so not sure which gent

you are asking about!

There are a few with Gerald~he is in a white uniform and yes,

he was on Zenith AND Mercury and now on Galaxy.

Lois, I have another question for you. What time were you able to board the ship. Boarding time states 2:00pm but I know from the past you can always get on way earlier than that.

Thanks again,

Laura

Good morning....I took a cab from the hotel about 11:30

and was on the ship before 12:30

Hi Lois,

Hello from Nova Scotia! We came home to gale force winds and freezing temperatures, and today it is snowing and blowing at -4°, truly hateful weather. Furthermore, David Phillips, our national weather forcaster, is accusing our beloved groundhogs of lying to us on February 2. He says we have another 6 weeks of below normal temperatures and above normal precipitation FROM NOW! Why did we come home?

We enjoyed meeting you as well and were glad to share your Birthday Celebration.

I agree with most of what you said about the trip. The level of service was excellent, the dinners were very good, but I really felt the lack of fresh vegetables. The buffets presented a good variety, but there was little variation from day to day, so it did get a little same old, same old.

I was impressed by the layout and storage available in the cabins, but I found some of the furnishings in the cabins and more so in some of the public areas were looking tired. There were more windows than just in the Stratosphere that were blown and fogged.

We left earlier than you and the luggage hall was packed; they needed a plot plan, signs, or someone who knew how it was sorted as we had to do a lot of searching to find our luggage.

We are not comfirmed cruise fanatics, as we like to vary what we do on vacations, but we really enjoyed this trip. What was our favourite aspect? Being able to visit so many places without unpacking!

Drop me a line sometime.

Regards, Elaine F

Lois,

Thanks for the review and I also enjoyed your pics.

A question, we are new to cruising and on our previous cruise we had a lower deck close to midship and I see your room was aft and on the Sky deck; were you bothered by more ship movement?

Bob

Hi Lois,

Hello from Nova Scotia! We came home to gale force winds and freezing temperatures, and today it is snowing and blowing at -4°, truly hateful weather. Furthermore, David Phillips, our national weather forcaster, is accusing our beloved groundhogs of lying to us on February 2. He says we have another 6 weeks of below normal temperatures and above normal precipitation FROM NOW! Why did we come home?

We enjoyed meeting you as well and were glad to share your Birthday Celebration.

I agree with most of what you said about the trip. The level of service was excellent, the dinners were very good, but I really felt the lack of fresh vegetables. The buffets presented a good variety, but there was little variation from day to day, so it did get a little same old, same old.

I was impressed by the layout and storage available in the cabins, but I found some of the furnishings in the cabins and more so in some of the public areas were looking tired. There were more windows than just in the Stratosphere that were blown and fogged.

We left earlier than you and the luggage hall was packed; they needed a plot plan, signs, or someone who knew how it was sorted as we had to do a lot of searching to find our luggage.

We are not comfirmed cruise fanatics, as we like to vary what we do on vacations, but we really enjoyed this trip. What was our favourite aspect? Being able to visit so many places without unpacking!

Drop me a line sometime.

Regards, Elaine F

Elaine, so good to see you and I want to say both Donald

and I were very happy to have you and Colin as tablemates:)

I booked another cruise but its from Western Canada so

no way to see you both!

I am glad you enjoyed yourselves though. I was cleaning

out receipts today and have your card so I will definitely

drop you an email:D

Hope you have a good holiday and stay well:)

Lois,

Thanks for the review and I also enjoyed your pics.

A question, we are new to cruising and on our previous cruise we had a lower deck close to midship and I see your room was aft and on the Sky deck; were you bothered by more ship movement?

Bob

Hi Bob:) I have had mid ship, aft and forward cabins.

This time it was very, very smooth. Now, most times

(well for me) the Caribbean has been smooth as silk:D

Seriously, I had no motion problems whatsoever.

Do you have an aft cabin?

Hi Bob:) I have had mid ship, aft and forward cabins.

This time it was very, very smooth. Now, most times

(well for me) the Caribbean has been smooth as silk:D

Seriously, I had no motion problems whatsoever.

Do you have an aft cabin?

We have an interior cabin on Plaza deck about halfway between forward and midship. We had a similar cabin, but more midship, on our first (and only) cruise and liked being near guest relations and dining room.

Bob

Bob:) , that seems to be one deck I have never sailed on but

does meet the "smooth sailing requirement";)

Center of the ship, lower level.

I have to say, one of the gals I met on board had a handicapped

cabin and I went to see it~located on that Plaza deck.

OMG....it has to be twice the size of a regular inside:eek:

She said they do sell them to regular folks if someone who

is challenged does not book.

I just never think to even ask about them as it never enters

my mind to book it.

I guess if it is not being used by someone who really needs it,

then it would be a terrific cabin!

Just another comment~I realize not everyone has the same

opinions about everything.

Was this a perfect cruise? Nope, but overall it was terrific.

I saw crew and staff from prior sailings (even from Zenith:) )

and its a joy when you see a familiar, friendly face:)

The crew and staff were wonderful and it is one of the things

I love about Celebrity.

Lois, like you I love to get to know the crew and feel that if I went on another cruise...that Canner and Campbell and Gaday would remember me.

They spent so much time just talking with us.

Another great thing about cruising I learned is that people are really friendly and if you share a breakfast with someone then throughout the trip that couple or group always makes sure to say hello and start a conversation. I even made friends with people I shared the elevator with.

We have never had breakfast in the dining room. That sounds like another great idea to meet fellow passengers (along with a change from the buffet items). Thanks for the suggestion.

hi, lois, happy belated birthday.

we were on mercury with you in october on the second leg of your back2back.

thanks for the review, excellent reading.

will you sail the pacific northwest again on mercury? we booked the monarch of the seas for this coming october.

happy sailing

gary

Archived