Are soda cards transferrable?

CROOZFREAK

My experience was that no one ever looked at our cards when we asked for soda. They simply looked to see if the card had the sticker on it. Several times, on our last cruise, I left my card in the room and used DH's to get a soda...no problems! You should only do what you feel comfortable with. Have a great cruise!

Why thank You Chandlers! Thanks for your honesty and non-judgement... you are a true asset to these boards. Its nice to know that not everyone's life is so miserable they feel they must flame... I just happen to check these boards today, although I have pretty much given up on the sad state of people who frequent here...... I have never encountered so many mean spirited people in my life. Hope they aren't on MY cruise!! :)

Mean spirited because they didn't tell you what you wanted to hear and now non-judgemental because someone tells you to do what you're comfortable with?

It's not a matter of being judegemental, it's all what the soda card is designed for...one person, one card.

Oh, and it's fair If I spend $40 per trip on 1 soda card for maybe 1 or 2 soda's a day? Who's making the profit then?? Are you kidding me????

Yes, it's fair since it a decision to purchase or not. Obviously, if you drink one or two a day it's not worth it. Geez, I didn't realize a soda card was a god given right. I'm still voting for a beer card:) .

As to your comments regarding the mean spirited comments. One thing I like here is they don't mind putting one in their place. I've been there. Enjoy your cruise.

I really believe that you were holding the match when the fire started.

You asked about the policy and received 3 reasonable responses. Your reply to those questioned the cruise lines making, in your opinion, too much profit on soda cards. And, that's when things started to heat up a bit.

Charlie

No kidding Charlie, gotta love spring break :eek:

###

Our family is cruising next week and we want to get either one or 2 soda cards... there is NO WAY we will make the cost o the card worthwhile for us all to have one... so if my son wants a soda and gets one, can he give the card to me, my husband or my daughter to get a soda elsewhere later?? Thanks!

The cruise lines are always looking for more revenue. They know some people try to smuggle booze and so forth. So they do post to find out what methods people use. I may be wrong in this case but with only three posts I wouuld be suspect in this case to reply.

Remember as others use this as a tool so do the cruise lines. Think about it.

Two sodas a day. Buy them and enjoy.

Why thank You Chandlers! Thanks for your honesty and non-judgement... you are a true asset to these boards. Its nice to know that not everyone's life is so miserable they feel they must flame... I just happen to check these boards today, although I have pretty much given up on the sad state of people who frequent here...... I have never encountered so many mean spirited people in my life. Hope they aren't on MY cruise!! :)

People here are not in a sad state, nor were a vast majority of the posts mean spirited---probably just honest responses that you didn't want to hear. From re-reading the entire thread, most of the responses your received were not judgmental nor were they flaming. It's you that's reading these same posts and not comprehending what's being said. Obviously, the things that most posters have told you of their experiences regarding the soda card weren't what you wanted to hear, therefore you think it's flaming, which it most certainly was not. A vast majority of the responses you received, regardless if they were what you wanted to hear or not, offered honest realities of what you can expect with regards to the soda card. I mean, you did ask if you could get away with what you're intending to do, and most told you of their personal experiences with this issue---but obviously, you were just looking for validation for something you must surely know isn't quite kosher. While what you intend to do is not technically illegal, it's questionable whether it's the best thing in the world to teach children---yeah, kids, when a company makes profits, it's perfectly fine to do.....whatever. BTW, unlike the Chandlers, we've always had the waiter/waitress check the sticker on our cards to see if we did indeed have the sticker.

....... While what you intend to do is not technically illegal, .......
In almost every state of the Union there is a statute regarding "Defrauding an Innkeeper".

Here is an excerpt from from the law in Colorado

Any person who, with intent to defraud, procures food or accommodations from any public establishment, without making payment therefor in accordance with his or her agreement with such public establishment, is guilty of a misdemeanor if the total amount due under such agreement is five hundred dollars or less and, upon conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars, or by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than ninety days, or by both such fine and imprisonment; and, if the amount due under such agreement is more than five hundred dollars, such person commits a class 6 felony and shall be punished as provided in section 18-1.3-401, C.R.S.

Charlie

The policy is one soda card PER PERSON... if you choose to try to circumvent that, it's your issue and if you get caught, your loss (and ours bec. we in effect pay for your cheating)... you would not believe how much "BS" the hosts read on these boards. This is a prime example of a legit question going awry... :confused: :( .. leaving it for now for regular moderator's attention but really, people.....

OK, folks, the original question posted by the OP has been answered. All other opinions are unrelated to the original question. So, this thread is officially closed. Have great cruises and read Host Caroline's explanation of how soda cards work for the correct information.

Archived