Celebrity EQUINOX - Inaugrual Transatlantic 5th November 2009

Prada Cowboy

Hola to the Family,

I hope there will be many members of the "FAMILY" going on this "AbFab" Transatlantic experience!

I know it is very, very early to stard a roll call, but as I heard from my Travel Agent who blocked some cabins...the cruise is as good as sold out and it is not even public yet!

Hope to see you for Martinis and Champagne parties over the atlantic...!!!

Prada Cowboy

We can wave to you from the Seabourn Odyssey's maiden transatlantic which is the same week as yours.

Honestly! I would rather be with you guys on the Odyssey! Just the price tag for most of our friends made us choose that sailing and the Equinox shouldn't be bad either! I love intimate Seabourn!

I will be sailing on the Regent Navigator out of Funcal on 11/15/2009. So make sure you guys dont throw anything over board that will scratch our paint. If there are any cute, bald headed treasure trailed crew members.....set them adrift and I will pluck them from the sea myself.:D

Having already sailed on the RSSC Navigator, I am sure your crossings will be very festive compared to my crossing, but I am a true Regent cruiser so I know I will be happy. I just hope the crew can handle me for that many days at sea.....they cant run far ya know.

Let us all hope for a very warm season for our crossings.

I will be on the Solstice maiden voyage and will write about the ship....please write about your respective ships and your crossing experience.

equinox...I'll try her when she gets over to this side of the pond.

All the best

Tom

Hello All,

Just booked this cruise last week - Really looking foreward to the innaugral crossing on this new ship - Know we will have a good group and will start the FOD parties omboard - It will be a fun crossing on a Beautiful Ship..bill from San Diego

It will be a fun cruise, with hopefuly decent service and food! It is not Regent, Seabourn, Silversea or SeaDream, but therefore a hge ship with many things to do. I just hope we will have good weather to get a good bronze...LOL!!!

We have tentative plans for the Solstice transatlantic with a couple we're friendly with and have talked about doing a cruise together for a long time... the Equinox itinerary and timing look great, but the vacation days work out better on Solstice. I'm so eager to see Celebrity's new generation of ships and experience a crossing for the first time.

(I hope it's not a bummer that your thread's getting replies from people who aren't on this cruise. I guess it's because without having booked, we're not going to start our own thread!)

We have tentative plans for the Solstice transatlantic with a couple we're friendly with and have talked about doing a cruise together for a long time... the Equinox itinerary and timing look great, but the vacation days work out better on Solstice. I'm so eager to see Celebrity's new generation of ships and experience a crossing for the first time.

(I hope it's not a bummer that your thread's getting replies from people who aren't on this cruise. I guess it's because without having booked, we're not going to start our own thread!)

You should come with us! We have the better ship, the better itinerary, +1 day of vacation ant a better and warmer time of the year...and finally the better group!!!:D

All booked. Just have to convince Ed that we're going...once I tell him that I've booked...probably on a rainy day next February when he's depressed about the winter weather. Now I have to see if I can change our one-way tickets back from Cunard this Fall to a r/t!:D

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

I booked the Equinox also for her first transatlantic. Perhaps you remember, you and I met on GTS Constellation in the spring of 2006 to Dover. Ruy and Dennis were there along with the stiletto girls.

I shall see you there Andrew.

Of course, Francois! And, rumor has it, at least one, and possibly two of the original Stiletto Gang will be on board! We hear from Ruy often, but haven't managed to meet up in Boston or San Francisco yet. This'll be so much fun!

Andrew

And I'm recruiting more!:D (who says we don't recruit?)

Prada Cowboy, I know many in one of two different groups who've cruised before/and or know eachother, but I've just heard that there's overlap...seems like it'll be a fun trip! The "Stiletto Gang" we keep taking about were the women who wanted to crash the FOD parties. They even brought their husbands, and we all had a great time.

Andrew

I love the Stiletto Gang already! There is nothing worst then a women/man in corqs or cheap and ugly shoe wear!

I call my very tight shoes "Pumps" lol! You can never have enough of those!:D

I also do "recruit" some of my friends for that cruise! Some straight...some family and some have no clue what the heck they are. LOL

It will be my 1st Clebrity cruise (who knows) and can't wait to see the ship. I worked for Celebrity on the Mercury a while ago...so I know they have a pretty god product.

Have all a good night...

Marcus

Karyn,

It will be a delight to see you again. ... I do welcome the news that a founder member of the "Stiletto Girls" will be onboard. ...

Marcus,

The Mercury, you must tell me about her (we want to know the inside indepth stories happening below deck, Ha! ). ... Although I am looking forward to the Space Age type of ship, as I know the Solstice Class ships will be, I still long for the more traditionnal... Marcus, with the "Stiletto Girls" there will be such nice companies. By the same token do not forget the boys.

Karyn,

It will be a delight to see you again. ... I do welcome the news that a founder member of the "Stiletto Girls" will be onboard. ...

Marcus,

The Mercury, you must tell me about her (we want to know the inside indepth stories happening below deck, Ha! ). ... Although I am looking forward to the Space Age type of ship, as I know the Solstice Class ships will be, I still long for the more traditionnal... Marcus, with the "Stiletto Girls" there will be such nice companies. By the same token do not forget the boys.

Francois...The Mercusry was a crazy ship...especially in her belly...LOL!!! We all had so much fun and the Ice Teas from Long Island been the best. I made very good and still lasting friend ships!

Karyn...There are never enaough "Pumps" ona trip and I give my heads up to you "Girls" to walk in STILETTOS even on the rough high ocean! America DID YOU HEAR THAT!!!

We do always have a whole suitcase full of shoes when we travel...around 12-16 pairs! All high fashion from D&G over LV to Prada! We love our very uncomfortible, but so hot looking & stylish footwear! LOL

Why can't Celebrity just speed up the time so we could go tomorrow???

Can't wait to meet you all....

Marcus

Francois...by the way...I saw you had been on QM2! I was part of the start up team there!!!:D I hope they still keep her the way I put her together...LOL! I did work 6 years on the oceans for NCL, Cunard, Celebrity and Holland America!:eek:

Marcus,

I did enjoy the Queen Mary 2 so very much. A true Cunarder that would have made Sir Samuel really proud. .... I am rather fond of Cunard as they were the pioneers of the North Atlantic Trade. And Sir Samuel being born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia, makes it a great Canadian success story.

I recall on the day of disembarkation, while we were waiting to get to the gangway, a passenger wondering if Cunard was English or Scottish. "Canadian Sir" I replied. The old man looked at me puzzled and mesmerized. He had no idea.

Marcus while onboard, you must tell us what is really going on below deck. I always wondered. You must have quite a few tales to tell.

Marcus,

I did enjoy the Queen Mary 2 so very much. A true Cunarder that would have made Sir Samuel really proud. .... I am rather fond of Cunard as they were the pioneers of the North Atlantic Trade. And Sir Samuel being born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia, makes it a great Canadian success story.

I recall on the day of disembarkation, while we were waiting to get to the gangway, a passenger wondering if Cunard was English or Scottish. "Canadian Sir" I replied. The old man looked at me puzzled and mesmerized. He had no idea.

Marcus while onboard, you must tell us what is really going on below deck. I always wondered. You must have quite a few tales to tell.

I guess for this the 2 weeks are NOT enough...I guess it screams for a B2B cruise...LOL!!!

Hello All,

Just booked this cruise last week - Really looking foreward to the innaugral crossing on this new ship - Know we will have a good group and will start the FOD parties omboard - It will be a fun crossing on a Beautiful Ship..bill from San Diego

Hi from David & Larry in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Bill, I believe we met on the Millie crossing in November '06 from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale. I booked an option on this sailing, and we have 'til tomorrow to make deposit. I'll post again if we confirm the booking!

Archived