Newlywed/not so Newlywed Game

WinnieinWA

I'm taking my 3 adult kids and their spouses to Alaska in August on the Sun. The "baby" (30) and his new bride really want to be on the Newlywed game. Do any of you know how we can make sure they getted picked?

We can hardly wait for this cruise of a lifetime. I got the Owners suite and the kids all mini's. Woo Hoo. :D

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Winnie

I suggest that you talk with your suite concierge and get their advice. The other approach is to talk to the cruise director or one of the staff members. Being in the suites you are considered a VIP. We cruised to AK in 2002 on the Sky, it was our first cruise and our 25th wedding anniversary - our TA got us a penthouse upgrade - it was fantastic. I am sure that you will not only enjoy the cruise but also the splendor of Alaska.

We were on it in February. Honest to God I ran into cruise director the afternoon of the show and asked how to be on it... he said I am the one to talk to.... VERY EASY! We have been married 16 years so we were not THE newlyweds.... Talk to the cruise director as soon as you get on.

Good luck and be prepared to hear things you might not want to!!! :rolleyes:

My daughter was married on a cruiseship. The next day they were selected for this game because their best friend spoke to the assistant cruise director. We have seen this game many times on cruises ever since but had not seen it before then.

We had a great funny cruise director who kept asking my husband how he was doing hearing the answers. When the cruise director asked my DD where they spent their first intimate evening, my DD said it was on this ship of course. Well, her DH had the audience laughing when he said it was on a beach on Cape Cod. My DH yelled out that he was going to kill my SIL. My poor DD was so embarassed that she could barely answer some of the questions with all their relatives in the audience. However, my SIL loved it. He had a blast. Now they have the video of their honeymoon cruise. Fortunately, they continued on to St. Marten for a week alone after we docked.

The next day we were docked at RCCL's private island. I remember sitting in a hammock and hearing passengers talking about how funny the newlywed game was and how the Dad cracked them up. Nobody realized we were the parents.

Be prepared for embarassing intimate questions and answers.

Five years later and my DD is carrying twin girls due this Spring.

They look for participants in the crowd, so you should be fine. We had 3 couples there and I wanted my sister to be the newlyweds, my DH and I to be the middle road (10 years) and my parents to be the oldies but goodies (45 years), but my sister chickened out. It would have been so fun to have us all up there, but then I just do not want to know what my parents do and I do not want them to know about us either. LOL Have fun!!!!!

Different cruise line, same game.......

On one of our past cruises they had a couple participate that were celebrating their 60th anniversary. God love 'em they were so cute!!! And they gave excellent advice!!! His advice...just keep nodding your head!!!

My daughter was married on a cruiseship. The next day they were selected for this game because their best friend spoke to the assistant cruise director. We have seen this game many times on cruises ever since but had not seen it before then.

We had a great funny cruise director who kept asking my husband how he was doing hearing the answers. When the cruise director asked my DD where they spent their first intimate evening, my DD said it was on this ship of course. Well, her DH had the audience laughing when he said it was on a beach on Cape Cod. My DH yelled out that he was going to kill my SIL. My poor DD was so embarassed that she could barely answer some of the questions with all their relatives in the audience. However, my SIL loved it. He had a blast. Now they have the video of their honeymoon cruise. Fortunately, they continued on to St. Marten for a week alone after we docked.

The next day we were docked at RCCL's private island. I remember sitting in a hammock and hearing passengers talking about how funny the newlywed game was and how the Dad cracked them up. Nobody realized we were the parents.

Be prepared for embarassing intimate questions and answers.

Five years later and my DD is carrying twin girls due this Spring.

Congrats on the new babies, Grandma!!:D

NayRN

You will have a great time if they get on.

There was a very attractive extended family on our last cruise. The mom was gorgeous and in her mid-50s. She and her husband had been married 30 years. You should have seen the kids and their spouses watching the Newlywed Game and laughing at their mom's very primly delivered, but very raunchy answers.

Viv

Thanks everyone... great ideas! We are soooooooooo ready to have the time of our lives!:D

Just remember they tape the shows and then they play them over and over and over the next day. . .:D I also have a feeling they fill you up with free drinks before the show begins. . .

Different cruise line, same game.......

On one of our past cruises they had a couple participate that were celebrating their 60th anniversary. God love 'em they were so cute!!! And they gave excellent advice!!! His advice...just keep nodding your head!!!

They had a couple on our last cruise who had been Married 62 years. Their names.......Ken and Barbie. Barbie was the sweetest old grandmotherly type you could meet and very prim. But some of her meekly uttered off-color answers brought the house down. It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen. I'm looking forward to seeing it on our next cruise. :D

Just remember they tape the shows and then they play them over and over and over the next day. . .:D I also have a feeling they fill you up with free drinks before the show begins. . .

No free drinks, but yes they play the tapes over and over and over again, and next thing you know people in the elevator are snickering if you get on because of some truly embarassing thing you said. I am so lucky to still be married after that show!!!:p

We cruised on the Norwegian Wind from Vancouver to Hawaii 4 years ago. We were one of the lucky(???) ones that got picked to be on the Newlywed game. We were celebrating our 8th anniversary. I never laughed so hard in all my life. We had the time of our lives. We found out that we didn't know as much as we thought we did about each other! LOL We are sailing on the Sun September 21st to Mexico and who knows, maybe we'll get picked again.

Kristy

They were practically begging people to participate when we were on Celebrity. We were one of the few passengers who were under 60 which made us an easy target. DW talked me into it and what was really bad is my father was in the audience. He will never look at a golf course the same way again. I would always change the channel real fast when I saw the replay on tv. I couldn't stand to watch. Got a free t-shirt though!!

On all the cruises we've been, the Newlywed-not-so-Newlywed show is the one show that we NEVER miss!! It is always a good time, much funnier than the comedy show usually....Very often, the "honeymoon" couple has never cruised before, so they have NO IDEA what is coming....

~Jo~

Archived