Oasis and Allure of the Seas!

The names for this week are way better than last week. I did not like 'Mosaic of the Seas' to begin with, and then they say they forgot to say 'Coronation of the Seas', and I definetly do not like that one.

But this week, I really like 'Oasis of the Seas'. 'Allure of the Seas' is better than last week, still not my favorite, but I really like 'Oasis of the Seas'.

Does anybody know how many more weeks they will release names, is it 4 more weeks?

Even though I entered the contest, I doubt that I will ever sail on either the Freedom class or the Genisis class. Just too big for me. I actually like ships with under 2000 pax. Makes for a more intimate cruise experience.

Hi Judy :D

Forgive me but I see you have our CC Genesis Group Cruise Mascot as your avatar but yet you say you wont cruise on the Genesis Class :confused:

Hi Judy :D

Forgive me but I see you have our CC Genesis Group Cruise Mascot as your avatar but yet you say you wont cruise on the Genesis Class :confused:

Sorry if I infringed upon your Genesis Mascot. I am from Maryland and the Chesapeake blue crab is synoymous with Maryland. Plus we love to eat them. That is what attracted me to the avatar. Even though we now live in Florida, we found that they live in the waters here also. We can still enjoy our Maryland steamed crabs here in Paradise. Crabs are king with anyone from Maryland and the Chesapeake Bay area. They are steamed with a mixture of Kosher salt, Old Bay seasoning, dry mustard, red pepper and I am not sure what else my DH puts in the pot. You also need to add vinegar, water and a can of beer to the pot for steam . After the crabs are done, spread the table with newsprint, grab a knife, wooden mallet, can or bottle of beer and start cracking and picking.

It is diffucult to describe eating and picking 'hard crabs' Maryland style, but to us Marylanders it is just this side of heaven!!!

...but I could never come up with the sister ship name. Hubby told me to submit just one name, but I am not sure you could do that. The name oasis to me means a wonderful escape in the middle of a nowhere. Either surrounded by sand or water...a ship is truly an sailing oasis.

Oasis- ?? what part of the desert is this ship going to sail in?

Allure- - mmm. It's OK.

Not as good as mine but OK.:D

An oasis in Not just found in the desert. :) I picked that name too....this, to me, is what cruising is all about. :D

o·a·sis

2. something serving as a refuge, relief, or pleasant change from what is usual, annoying, difficult, etc.: The library was an oasis of calm in the hectic city.

An oasis in Not just found in the desert. :) I picked that name too....this, to me, is what cruising is all about. :D

o·a·sis

2. something serving as a refuge, relief, or pleasant change from what is usual, annoying, difficult, etc.: The library was an oasis of calm in the hectic city.

mmm Maybe- but not the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear 'Oasis'- and word association is the name of the game....isn't that the whole point of this competition? :)

I love the way Oasis of the Seas sounds and Allure is a very nice fit!!! He has never been on cruise before and his first cruise is free and for an Inagural sailing on a brand new ship! Good for him!!!! I still have four more chances for my names but I do not think they're originall enough! I did not realize there was a ship called Journey already named out there when I entered! Oh well I still have a few more weeks! Go Journey and Expedition!! Best of luck to all who entered! Happy Sailings and Bon Voyage!!! Melissa

Too many S sounds with the Oasis of the seas--imagine if someone has a lisp or speech problem-- just not a smooth sounding name! And an oasis to me conjures relief from a desert--not at sea! So far none of the names are treally stellar... Not having any better ideas myself--I await the winners!

Just imagine some europeans.....

Oa-zzizzz of ze zea

:D

PS: In case anybody starts a fight with me: I am european. :p

Archived