Oasis and Allure of the Seas!

The guy who submitted those names has never cruised before, so I doubt that he's a cc'er.

Yeah, I just read that, so he's probably not. Looks like they are backtracking and counting both of the names as well. Last week's winner had Mosaic and Coronation and they say that Coronation is also in contention. At least that is better than Mosaic in my opinion.

I am very pleased with Oasis and Allure, Oasis more than Allure though! I think that Oasis captures the spirit of cruising and these ships. I could sooo see myself sailing on Oasis, makes me anxious about my May cruise just thinking about it. Eternity and Infinity were my names, maybe there is still a chance!

Must the names be chosen in pairs? What I mean is what if the RCI Powers That Be prefer one name out of a pair and the other name out of another person's pair?

I do like Oasis of the Seas.

They can do pretty much what they want.

Actually, they don't even have to use the "winning" names, if you read all the rules. I don't remember where I read that, but it was in there someplace. So they may already have two names in mind.

But I also like Allure and Oasis for names, much better than the previous two.

I guess 'Chicken of the Seas' is not a finalist?!

I know you said that in a joke but I would reckon that even if this name was submitted and the judges would love it (who knows after they liked Mosaic of the Seas) it would be a copyright or trademark violation. :D:p;)

How about 'Glutton of the Seas' or 'Hog of the Seas' ( in honor of the chair hogs) or 'Push of the Seas' ( in honor of the pushers at the elevators).

I am really only being faceitous. I did enter what I thought were good names, but I forgot them. That's what getting older does to you!!

Even though I entered the contest, I doubt that I will ever sail on either the Freedom class or the Genisis class. Just too big for me. I actually like ships with under 2000 pax. Makes for a more intimate cruise experience.

But, variety is the spice of life and everyone has different preferences. Guess that's why the make chocolate and vanilla!!!

Too many S sounds with the Oasis of the seas--imagine if someone has a lisp or speech problem-- just not a smooth sounding name! And an oasis to me conjures relief from a desert--not at sea! So far none of the names are treally stellar... Not having any better ideas myself--I await the winners!

Archived