Favorite employee on Royal Caribbean

It is odd that so many of you have met so many crew members.

After 8 cruises....

I don't believe I have never met a...

Concierge

Maitre D

Cruise Director

or

Captain

I met only 1 room steward and couldn't even begin to remember her name. Most keep out of sight.

Met a few bartenders but since I don't drink that much I don't recall meeting anyone that stood out. I guess if I sat at a bar for some time and had multiple drinks, I might remember some of them.

Met a few head waiters but no one that impressed me. They seemed to come around only at 'tip' time to introduce themselves. Otherwise I never heard from them.

CD's organize all the stuff that we don't get involved in and we don't go to Captains parties so no real chance of meeting him either.

We enjoy our time on board but don't get too involved with the activities and have never had any problems so never had to 'talk' to anyone about any issues. Maybe that's why we have met so few crew members.

You would think that we keep to ourselves but on the contrary, we are quite sociable. We have just never had much reason to meet many crew members.

Besides bartenders, what circumstances bring you to meet all of these crew members?

One outstanding waiter was Apollo, the best ever. VERY memorable after 8 cruises.

On the Mariner, both Captain Johnny and Captain Per are highly visible, and they make an effort to interact with the passengers. We met Capt Johnny in the promenade one morning - we were stopping in the Cafe for coffee and he was walking past - he greeted us and asked what our plans were for the day. We had a cabin on Deck 10, and he walked the passageway in front of our cabin several times - we encountered him on our way to dinner one night.

As for Capt Per, we met him when the ship was docked in Jamaica - we were sitting by the pool and he stopped to speak with us, and asked us very specific questions about our cruising experience. We also met him while walking on the promenade deck on the last evening. He stopped to speak to our teenagers, asking about how they enjoyed the cruise (again, asking very specific questions). He also answered their questions about the ship's location and discussed with them some of the constellations in the sky.

Some CD's are very visible. We saw Dennis Sciortino all over the ship - it's like he never slept. He was in the promenade, he was at the gangway when we exited and returned to the ship from the ports, he mingled with the crowd in the theatre before the eveing shows, etc.

These are only a few examples - I have many more! If you know what these individuals look like, you'll see them all over the ship, and most are very approachable, and seem to genuinely enjoy talking with the passengers!

CD- Bobby Brown on the Jewel-had a great time with him on our B2B...funny and very personable.

CD staff-Brandon on the Jewel-a big ol' teddy bear...so cute and sweet you that you just want to squeeze his cheeks and take him home!

Bartendender-Susie "Oh Susanna" on the Brilliance in the Colony Club...little spitfire with a great personality and beautiful smile.

Bar Man-Tie between Franklyn on the Enchantment and Erizon on the Jewel...both of these men were fantastic at taking care of us both at dinner and at the pool. We never had an empty drink in our hand, they knew what we liked, and seemed to be there with a fresh one just when we needed it...it was like we were their only customers. Wonderful personalities, and fantastic service make these guys the cream of the crop!

Dining Room Waiter-My DH and I fell in love with Eulianna from Romania on the Jewel. She was a sweetheart and quite the looker too! Quite a few days we had rough seas, and a few of us at the table were sick, and she was so concerned, so genuine, doing whatever she could to try and help out. She really touched us. We were sad that we didn't get her on our 2nd leg of our B2B, but she made a point to come and find us on the last night of the cruise to say good-bye and take pictures with all of us...Just one heck of a sweetheart and an outstanding young lady!

We've had so many wonderful people take care of us, but our very favorite is:

Steven in the athletic departmemt on the Explorer of the Seas. Through his encouragement he helped me reach the top of the rock wall. Has a great memory, has remembered us though the years. We've sailed with him now on 3 different cruises.

Our favorites have to include:

Marc & Jean (our wait staff on the Jewel 12/06)

Bobby Brown (CD on the Jewel 12/06)

Sandeep and Ainsley (wait staff on the Liberty)

Joff Eaton (current CD on the Jewel)

and of course...

Isolda (CD staff on the Liberty) She is great fun!

Bar waiter Opal. Met her on the Navigator and she was on the Liberty last year when she entered service. Not sure what ship she is on now.

Opal is wonderful, we met her on Navigator, she didn't want to go with navigator to Europe, as she has a granddaughter in college back home in Jamaica and wanted to stay in the Caribbean, she transfered to Liberty, and 3 weeks ago, transferred from Liberty to Freedom, we had lunch with her at Bubba Gumps in Bayside on Mothers Day, and she is looking forward to staying on Freedom and the move to PC.

Heres a picture of Opal and Shane Tapper, our guitarist friend at Bubba Gumps

32004068_ShaneandOpalSmall1.jpg.f0d8f2ab98e509f9b6f55c1833b8b2b4.jpg

Opal is wonderful, we met her on Navigator, she didn't want to go with navigator to Europe, as she has a granddaughter in college back home in Jamaica and wanted to stay in the Caribbean, she transfered to Liberty, and 3 weeks ago, transferred from Liberty to Freedom, we had lunch with her at Bubba Gumps in Bayside on Mothers Day, and she is looking forward to staying on Freedom and the move to PC.

Heres a picture of Opal and Shane Tapper, our guitarist friend at Bubba Gumps

Awesome. Hopefully we will see her in November when we are on the Freedom. Was she still working up in the Viking Crown?

Awesome. Hopefully we will see her in November when we are on the Freedom. Was she still working up in the Viking Crown?

Yes she was, but they rotate every couple of weeks, so that each server gets a chance to work in the bars with the most tips, the pub on Voyager and Freedom Classes. When we saw her on Mothers day, she had only been on Freedom for 1 week, and the VC was her first assignment

Yes she was, but they rotate every couple of weeks, so that each server gets a chance to work in the bars with the most tips, the pub on Voyager and Freedom Classes. When we saw her on Mothers day, she had only been on Freedom for 1 week, and the VC was her first assignment

The first time that we met Opal she was in the pub on the Navigator. The next two times were in the VCL on both the Navigator and Liberty. She seemed to like it up there. I hope that she is not on vacation in November.

The first time that we met Opal she was in the pub on the Navigator. The next two times were in the VCL on both the Navigator and Liberty. She seemed to like it up there. I hope that she is not on vacation in November.

I think from talking to her, that this Christmas will be the first she has spent at home in 9 years, so I would hope she will be on board in November. I'll email her and ask, and let you know

Simon

Michelle, we loved Iulianna too!She was our waitress on Mariner last July. She and Andan our assitant called my mom gram the whole time. She told us about her son and how she missed him, her mom was taking care of him. She was so wonderful!

Katie

We've had many good servers, stewards and bartenders, but I really don't remember any of their names. I do ,however, think Richard Spacey is a gem. He was the absolutely hilarious at all times. He has to be the best I've seen.

Mariner of the Seas:

Anil & Juan - Sound of Music Dining Room! We were table 541 May 4th cruise. These guys are the best! The Briggs who celebrated a 25th anniversary and the announcement of the first grandchild!

I think it's notable how often Maritza's name comes up, given that Serenade is one of the smaller ships and that relatively few passengers come into contact with the concierges. We are about to take our fourth cruise on Royal Caribbean and it's no coincidence that all have been on Serenade. Maritza is a key reason that we are RCCL repeaters.

Mircea Ciolan on the Enchantment. We met him 4 years ago in the Windjammer and then saw him again 2 years ago as a Head Waiter in the dining room. He is a wonderful person and such an asset to RCCL. We still exchange emails and photos, etc. He was planning to leave ship-life to return to Romania and his family to just be a husband and dad....we are so happy for him.

my favorite is definately casnova on rhapsody of the seas. i do not know where he is now but we loved him as a bartender. the last time we saw him he had received a promotion. he was a bar supervisor. the last two cruises with the rhapsody he remembered my name (that may not be a good sign but funny thing is, i don't drink)

Our vote for the best and our favorite Loyalty Ambassador would have to be Danney League from the Monarch and soon to be on the Mariner of the Seas. We're happy to hear that he has been offered and has accepted the position on the Mariner.

Guest Services - Trudy from the Monarch

Bartender - Oscar - the Champagne bar on the Vision.

We've always had wonderful waiters and cabin attendants and on our recent cruises the head waiters have been visible and very friendly.

my favorite is definately casnova on rhapsody of the seas. i do not know where he is now but we loved him as a bartender. the last time we saw him he had received a promotion. he was a bar supervisor. the last two cruises with the rhapsody he remembered my name (that may not be a good sign but funny thing is, i don't drink)

If it's the same Casanova, he is currently working the Pool Bar on Enchantment of the Seas. He was in this position last August, and again when we cruised two weeks ago.

Tall, sort of slim and muscular Filipino man?

He's quite amazing on the "bar flare" demonstration.

We did b2b on Serenade and had Raul the first week, brilliant guy very efficient and helpful. Maritza was back from leave the second week and boy what a mess the CL was every night, dirty glasses and crockery everywhere, unless you were in a suite or fawned over her she had no time for you.

Archived