Favorite employee on Royal Caribbean

Oh yes! I cannot forget the Windjammer greeters! Although I don't remember any of their names, they've all been wonderful and enthusiastic on every one of our RCI cruises.

Oh yes, you cannot forget the Windjammer greeters. I have to say, I don't remember them at all from any of my cruises except the Freedom. On the Freedom, they were great, very nice and enthusiastic. Always with a smile, welcoming you to the Windjammer, they were great. But, I too forget their names.

Mine would be our waiter last December on the Enchantment! He was from Romania and was great!!! He was such a flirt too..lol..he introduced me to the head waiter and others in the dining room as his girlfriend and we had a 'thing' going on the entire cruise! He is the one in the picture with me above. He was a great waiter though, just the best!!!!! I wanted to bring him home with me..lol..:rolleyes:

As a lot of others have posted..they are for the most part all fantastic! /the most remembered for DW and I:

Verena - stateroom attendant on Mariner in 2007

Mary - waiter on Mariner 2007

Errol - waiter on Serenade 2008

Gabriel - asst waiter on Serenade 2008

and some others I've forgotten the names of

Warren and Yvonne

I haven't been on RCI yet but my favorite steward was also "Franklin" but he was on Carnival Fantasy in Nov 2006. I wonder if it could be the same one. Our Franklin taught the towel folding class and we had the most wonderful towel animals. :)

Franklin was tall dark and handsome. He was on Sovereign April/May 2006.

HENNERY SITOHANG from Indonesia - Waiter on Voyager - Best we've had on ANY cruise ship!!!! (Anyone who's going on Voyager PLEASE give him a big hug from Walter, Shari and Garrett from TX!!!! ASK FOR HIS TABLE....YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!! :D

Assistant Waiter - Robin from India (Voyager)

Head Waiter - Carl (From Jamaica) (Voyager)

Rudy K - Stateroom Attendant (Voyager)

Marcella - Guest Relations (Voyager)

Always will be Kirk Detweiler -CD

Cabin Steward- Laila J on the Empress in June 07, but I would love to know where she is now!:)

Waiters ( a tie) Aelita who was on the Voyager in Feb. 07 ( had just moved that day from Majesty) and was so personable and efficient:)

and Herb Ramon who was on the Empress in June 07, but is now on the Voyager:D

There are a few employees that really stand out in my memory.

We had Richard Spacey as our cruise director on the Navigator in April, 2005. He was a very talented entertainer and his energy transferred to the other performers.

On the Serenade of the Seas, this past January, we had the most attentive and helpful cabin steward. Maria was on Deck 10 port side. She was very accomodating and always visible.

My absolute favorite RCI employee has to be Maritza Moolman. We had the good fortune to have her as the concierge on the Serenade in January and are hoping to see her again next January. It is difficult to come up with just one or two specific reasons why she stands out in so many ways. We were truly treated as special guests by her, as were all of those that had access to the Concierge Lounge. It wasn't about complimentary cocktails or the awesome coffee machine. Maritza has a way to make one feel welcome and valued as a RCI customer. She spent a moment or two talking to every person that entered the lounge, no matter how busy she was. Every person received personalized attention. That is no small task! She is truly an asset to RCI! She's also one of the primary reasons we booked the Serenade again next year. Hopefully she will be on board again when we sail.

Eric

Bartenders - Rene from Trinidad on Explorer (not sure if he's still there - but I hope so since we'll be back in a few weeks!) and Ethel from the Philippines on Vision.

Dining Room team - Ali from Turkey and Danielle from Jamaica (I think!) on Vision. Honorable mention to Rodrigo and John from the Philippines on Majesty.

Stateroom attendant - Crazy Nigel from Grenada on Explorer. He just made us laugh! Not sure if he's still around either...this was from back in 05.

For the most part, we've had excellent service on all of our cruises and really enjoy talking to the bartenders, waiters, etc. to learn more them and where they're from.

My favorite (my husband is jealous) is Efken (or as he's called "The Turkish Delight", the assistant cd on The Brilliance. He was hilarious, tried to do karaoke, scrapbooking, didn't matter if he couldn't do them. All the women were instantly "taken" by him.

Oh yes, you cannot forget the Windjammer greeters. I have to say, I don't remember them at all from any of my cruises except the Freedom. On the Freedom, they were great, very nice and enthusiastic. Always with a smile, welcoming you to the Windjammer, they were great. But, I too forget their names.

Oh yes, on Mariner there were the cutest Asian girls dressed in beautiful Cheongsams, singing to us every morning....."Enjoy your blekflast"- as we walked into the Windjammer- they were so precious..... that really started everyone's day off with a smile. :)

There are a few employees that really stand out in my memory.

We had Richard Spacey as our cruise director on the Navigator in April, 2005. He was a very talented entertainer and his energy transferred to the other performers.

On the Serenade of the Seas, this past January, we had the most attentive and helpful cabin steward. Maria was on Deck 10 port side. She was very accomodating and always visible.

My absolute favorite RCI employee has to be Maritza Moolman. We had the good fortune to have her as the concierge on the Serenade in January and are hoping to see her again next January. It is difficult to come up with just one or two specific reasons why she stands out in so many ways. We were truly treated as special guests by her, as were all of those that had access to the Concierge Lounge. It wasn't about complimentary cocktails or the awesome coffee machine. Maritza has a way to make one feel welcome and valued as a RCI customer. She spent a moment or two talking to every person that entered the lounge, no matter how busy she was. Every person received personalized attention. That is no small task! She is truly an asset to RCI! She's also one of the primary reasons we booked the Serenade again next year. Hopefully she will be on board again when we sail.

Eric

Maritza is outstanding. In fact, she's won Best Employee of the year a couple of times and that's a big honor since it's fleet wide.

Skippy!! SOS and GOS Assistant cruise director. I think he is gone now, but he was a great sailor singing YMCA!

Aldrich waiter at the pool on GOS!

Raymond...everyone loves Raymond bar waiter EOS

Iggy waiter on Soverign

Carlata Gheti at the Customer Relations desk

she made are lost luggage seem ok

I second this...

Carlotta Ghetti is amazing. She made sure I got off the ship in time to go to work and was so excited to see me "on duty". She's a sweetheart. She did much more than this, but I just thought I'd share that.

Any cruiser that happens to get Ana from Peru as their waitress on the Grandeur (until June when she transfers to the newest ship) will be in for a special time. She was by far the friendliest wait person we have ever had. She kept receiving a Rose every night from a secret admirer and all the guys at the table tried to take credit. Finally, the ass't waiter told us it was from one of the kitchen staff. On the final night she gave all of us at our table a little remembrance of her and Peru. Mine was a key ring with a small knitted hat in the style that people in Peru wear.

So Ana, may God Bless You in all that you do.

I have to second Honeys Gal choice for the best waitress Daniella from Romania on our April 2007 Transatlantic Cruise on the Jewell. She was wonderful, especially liked the way she would take the wives order " my lady what you like for dinner tonight"? We didn't have the pleasure of meeting her husband ,but she told us about him. Also on the same cruise we enjoyed our waiter in the Portifino,Sofien

Wow - I have had sooo many wonderful employees through the years it is so hard to narrow it down to just a few - but here goes:

Waiter: Burak from Turkey - Explorer of the Seas - Hands down the most competent and personable waiter we have ever had!!

Assistant CD: Richard Spacey!! He was amazing as an assistant CD many years ago! Will get to experience him as CD on the Freedom this June!! Can't wait!!

Cabin Steward: Daniel - Enchantment of the Seas; Roy McVey - Freedom of the Seas

Loyalty Ambassador - Cindy Dangel - Worked with her first on Navigator and then Freedom of the Seas!! Was extremely impressed when she remembered my family when we sailed the Freedom 2 years later!! Super Nice Lady!!

Bartender: Dr. Feel Good - Explorer of the Seas!!

Adventure Ocean: Ruth - we have sailed with Ruth twice and she was so great with our boys!! They were both so excited to see her last year. Sadly she told us she wasn't planning on renewing her contract. The "Pirate Parade" won't be the same without her!!

Archived