Nightly dinner selections on Mariner Eastern Caribbean

Has anyone cruised the MOS on the Eastern itinerary recently that could help me out with dinner entree selections so that I can plan for which night we will be dining in Chops? I leave in a couple of weeks and would love to be able to plan ahead of time for which of the nights to skip( and not miss the lobster night!). Thanks in advance for your help! Coconut

We just came off the Eastern this Sunday (easter) and we had a Portofino ressie for Friday (the second formal night). Well, on Thursday, we found out that they were serving lobster/prime rib on Friday night in the DR. So we tried to shift our Portofino ressie to Saturday but they were booked. DH wanted the lobster so we cancelled.

We were on Liberty in November and DH says that the lobster was much better than in November. He said at that time that they were small, rubbery and not very sweet. This time, he felt they were larger, juicier and much sweeter. So many people say that the lobster has grown inferior over time but I wanted to mention our experience.

I can ask DH and my mom if they remember each night. I do recall that there were a couple of nights that the menu was uninspired and I wouldn't have minded being somewhere else for dinner. I'll see if either one remembers which nights.

We too just got off Marnier last week. (Hi Janet!) We opted for Chops on Wendesday night. Wednesday was the Caribbean jerk-menu. It was a good night to miss the dining room. However, I would have been equally okay with missing the dining room on Thursday night, (pork chop night). Friday definitely was lobster night.

Archived