What makes Princess so great?

cruisin'bulldog

Hi:

I have been on 5 cruises: 2 Royal Caribbean, 1 Celebrity, 2 NCL. All of my cruises have been great. I just got back from the Norwegian Pearl the other day, and I am already getting back into cruise planning mode. Anyway, my travel agent says I should really try Princess. I have nothing against the idea; I just don't know what it is that makes Princess distinctive. The only thing I know about the line is that I have always thought it had very pretty ships. Also, I know many people like it a lot and I just want to know why.

Big and beautiful ships. Many are relatively new. The itineraries are great. Good entertainment. Nice cabins. Good food. Several swimming pools. Movies Under The Stars.

I'm trying out RC in May so we'll see what I think then! Though I won't judge a cruise line by one cruise!

Give them a try. I have gone on two Princess cruises and am considering my third in the fall.

Hi:

I have been on 5 cruises: 2 Royal Caribbean' date=' 1 Celebrity, 2 NCL. All of my cruises have been great. I just got back from the Norwegian Pearl the other day, and I am already getting back into cruise planning mode. Anyway, my travel agent says I should really try Princess. I have nothing against the idea; I just don't know what it is that makes Princess distinctive. The only thing I know about the line is that I have always thought it had very pretty ships. Also, I know many people like it a lot and I just want to know why.[/quote']

Your question is almost impossible to answer as it requires subjective opinions that are just that, one persons opinion. I like Princess very much but there are other cruise lines I like equally. Take a Princess cruise and make a comparison and report back on your opinion of Princess compared to the other cruise lines you have been on.

:D

You will find die hard cruisers in all the various cruise line forums on Cruise Critic that will "defend to the death" their choice and bad mouth other cruise lines. :eek:

Hi:

I have been on 5 cruises: 2 Royal Caribbean' date=' 1 Celebrity, 2 NCL. All of my cruises have been great. I just got back from the Norwegian Pearl the other day, and I am already getting back into cruise planning mode. Anyway, my travel agent says I should really try Princess. I have nothing against the idea; I just don't know what it is that makes Princess distinctive. The only thing I know about the line is that I have always thought it had very pretty ships. Also, I know many people like it a lot and I just want to know why.[/quote']

Itinerary

Price

More balcony cabins

Entertainment

Food

Service

Shore excursions

And for us the Captain Circle Elite perks.

Hi,

Friendly Staff. If you don't want to be "sirred" or "ma'amed" to death for the duration of the cruise get to know the staff by their first names and have them call you by your first name. This drives their superiors nuts, but I had an enjoyable 23 days on Coral and got to know many of the crew personally and for 23 days we were friends. It didn't matter, pool bar staff...dining room staff...CD staff...it was great and made the cruise a little more personable.

Ciao for now!!!

Things I love about Princess:

Beautiful ships

Anytime dining/Excellent Food

Consistently great service

Ice Cream (the best!)

Pizza

Warm Cookies every afternoon

Afternoon Tea

Range of daily activities (especially love Trivia!)

Ceramics at Sea

Terrific Kids Program

Sanctuary

Ladies Night at Spa

Champagne Waterfall

Live Music in lounges

Captains Circle Benefits

We have sailed on a number of cruise lines but our last 5 cruises have been on Princess. We love the efficiency of embarkation, the ease of the muster drill, anytime dining, the comfortable mini suites, fresh water pools, variety of entertainment, the choice of ports, the lack of public announcements, the tasty pizza, Princess Cays, a civilized disembarkation, and the general laid back ambience of the Princess cruise ships. We are in the process of booking our next cruise on Crown Princess.

Beautiful ships

Ice Cream (the best!)

Pizza

Afternoon Tea

Ceramics at Sea

Terrific Kids Program

Sanctuary

Ladies Night at Spa

Champagne Waterfall

Live Music in lounges

Captains Circle Benefits

Can someone tell me the whens/wheres/costs of the Champagne Waterfall? .... Sounds yummy!

Can someone tell me the whens/wheres/costs of the Champagne Waterfall? .... Sounds yummy!

There is no charge. It is usually the second formal night in the main atrium. It's not the finest champage, but it's free and fun. You can get your photo taken pouring the champagne onto the fountain.

I like the freshwater pools, the light contemporary decor. The Wheelhouse Bar. LOVE the outdoor promenade deck......quiet place to sit, read, and watch the sea. Princess is always super-efficient in embarkation. Their excursions and cruisetours are very good. Food is very good. Ships are beautiful.

Princess has facial recognition software that can tell if you look at the waterfall. They charge it directly to your cruise account. If you don't want to pay, don't look at it while passing by.

It's not the cruise line it's you who makes the cruise so great.:)

How can one not have an enjoyable time sailing, eating well, drinking and meeting new friends.

Christ between snow and sailing on a tug boat I would chose the latter.:eek:

I've only sailed on NCL and Princess and although I would still cruise on both, I've booked the Crown again for 11/30!

Bigger Cabins, better buffet, and def the fresh water pools is a BIG plus in my book. However, I find the entertainment better on NCL.

I don't think you'd be disappointed to try it!

Of the four lines I've sailed on, I would say Princess' advantages are:

• Fresh water pools
  • Lots of well designed new ships that sparkle
  • good food service
  • affordable beverage service
  • balconies, and more balconies
  • mini-refigerators in every room

We like the layout of the cabins. Princess has done a great job in organizing the the box which makes it feel so much larger than comparably sized cabins on other line's ships. They have applied the same treatment to the balconies. They have lots of closet space and cupboards for 14 day and longer cruises. What we don't like is what a lot of people mention and that is the size of the showers.

Where do they serve the cookies in the afternoon? :D

Beautiful ships

Ice Cream (the best!)

Pizza

Afternoon Tea

Ceramics at Sea

Terrific Kids Program

Sanctuary

Ladies Night at Spa

Champagne Waterfall

Live Music in lounges

Captains Circle Benefits

Where do they serve the cookies in the afternoon? :D

There are two crew members who go around serving the warm cookies and milk around 3:30-4:00 p.m. We usually catch them by the pools or at the coffee bar in the atrium.

As you can see by my signature, we have sailed RCCl, CCL and Princess. We always loved RCCL, but wanted a change, and found Princess- It's very relaxing, no schedules to follow with meal times, show times, etc, that's what we love about it! Sure, we'll cruise RCCL again, but for now are hooked! :eek: Tried CCL, but no more of that.

Of the four lines I've sailed on, I would say Princess' advantages are:

• Fresh water pools
  • Lots of well designed new ships that sparkle
  • good food service
  • affordable beverage service
  • balconies, and more balconies
  • mini-refigerators in every room

Ive just booked my first Princess cruise...not really by choice, The Dawn just happened to be in the right place at the right time for me to extend a vacation. So I too have been trying to figure out what to expect. In the big picture I think most of the regular cruise lines are the same with some small twists that make them exclusive. I did like the fresh water pools, thought that was clever. the mini fridge is great as well, however other lines have them on the newer ships. I think other lines have new/bigger ships that sparkle as well so really when I look at the big picture I know Im getting a decent vessel, with good/great service, food should meet my needs as it usually does, entertainment is just that.....so really it comes down to me as stated earlier. If you stay open minded, flexible and realize every part of your trip will not be 100% as we all have likes/dislikes then you should have a really nice vacation. Im embracing this as a new adventure...I figure there is not to much that can go wrong to steer me away from Princess in the future, Ive always been happy with Carnival and RC now I have one more choice when planning future cruises.

Archived