Here It Is Boys and Girls...New Dress Code

KenMo

We use to call dress shorts "Bermuda Shorts".

PoshO8, remember that the "Bermuda shorts" that we remember and the sloppy long baggy things they wear now are two entirely different types of clothing!:D Yeah, that's it, I want to see DH in those things droopy to his knees, with his drawers hanging out, and a baseball cap turned sideways! ;) Real stylish, and so Sexy!!!

I think we shall remain a couple of "old people" and still dress for dinner.:)

Although many will be jumping with joy at the even more relaxed dress code. I won't be too excited about it.

People already dress down enough as it is, so an even more relaxed dress code will probably mean that people will be even more casual.

With that said, I don't think it will bother me enough to NOT want to cruise, or to spoil my vacation. I will still bring my suit for the "elegant" night. I don't dress up to make others feel good, but to make myself feel good!

PoshO8' date=' remember that the "Bermuda shorts" that we remember and the sloppy long baggy things they wear now are two entirely different types of clothing!:D Yeah, that's it, I want to see DH in those things droopy to his knees, with his drawers hanging out, and a baseball cap turned sideways! ;) Real stylish, and so Sexy!!!

I think we shall remain a couple of "old people" and still dress for dinner.:)[/quote']

Im not nearly as ancient as you..;) .. but I remember those bermuda shorts.. and believe me, no one wants to see 5 inch inseem short on men anymore either. I DO NOT, need to see that much manthigh. MANPRIS FOR THE NEXT MILLENIUM is my new motto.

Im not nearly as ancient as you..;) .. but I remember those bermuda shorts.. and believe me, no one wants to see 5 inch inseem short on men anymore either. I DO NOT, need to see that much manthigh. MANPRIS FOR THE NEXT MILLENIUM is my new motto.

Oh my, MANPRIS, I wonder if we are in the "Penalty phase" for the next cruise? Could it be that we can still get out of all this madness!?!?!?:D :eek:

I now have 2 pairs of manpris that will be making the trip with me in 15 days. Manpris, long a staple of men in Europe, need and deserve a hero like me to champion their cause. Sure, I will be mocked and ridiculed at first, but soon they will catch on when they notice a hunky, dreamy, 30 something man, looking damned good in his cropped pants.

I now have 2 pairs of manpris that will be making the trip with me in 15 days. Manpris, long a staple of men in Europe, need and deserve a hero like me to champion their cause. Sure, I will be mocked and ridiculed at first, but soon they will catch on when they notice a hunky, dreamy, 30 something man, looking damned good in his cropped pants.

Our German friend came to visit last summer and wore "manpris"--I had never seen them before! Yikes, did they look odd. He got a lot of strange looks that week.

Well since I really did not know what "Manpris" were, I decided to "google" them. They are certainly more hideous than I even dared dream!:D A real fashion "travesty" for men. I have to admit I don't even wear capris, always felt like I had washed them in hot water and they had shrunk!:D Just an uncomfortable length for me. But Men, please no, no no manpris....PLEASE....:)

I don't think there's such a thing as "dress shorts" for men. I mean, I know they exist, but I just don't think they are dressy.

For women, though, I do think those nice new dress shorts made of slacks material (that go to your knees) are pretty dressy for shorts.

Ever been to Bermuda? REAL Bermuda shorts are tailored just like slacks and worn with dress shoes and a jacket. Just sayin', shorts can be nice.

No flames, please, but I'm not so sure I like the jeans in the dining room or dress shorts in the dining room , but then again, I am old-fashioned. Yesterday we rented a tux on board for dh for our upcoming cruise. I guess we won't in December... though we enjoy dressing up on formal - I mean elegant - nights. I love dining with linens,and using nicer dishes than the paper plates I sometimes serve on, lol. Oh well - the times, they are a changing! I guess the masses have spoken, and Carnival has listened. I always thought it was pretty nice entering the ships's dining room, and feeling like I was in a very nice restaurant. I just hope I don't feel like I am eating at my local IHOP, Ground Round, or at a place one step above a fast food joint. Big sigh...

No flames, please, but I'm not so sure I like the jeans in the dining room or dress shorts in the dining room , but then again, I am old-fashioned. Yesterday we rented a tux on board for dh for our upcoming cruise. I guess we won't in December... though we enjoy dressing up on formal - I mean elegant - nights. I love dining with linens,and using nicer dishes than the paper plates I sometimes serve on, lol. Oh well - the times, they are a changing! I guess the masses have spoken, and Carnival has listened. I always thought it was pretty nice entering the ships's dining room, and feeling like I was in a very nice restaurant. I just hope I don't feel like I am eating at my local IHOP, Ground Round, or at a place one step above a fast food joint. Big sigh...

Exactly what restaurant/dining atmosphere do you wear a tuxedo to? Are you crashing proms? I have stated all along, that I personally don't like nor will wear jeans or shorts in the dining room, but how about some flexibility? There are only 3 times in life where a tuxedo should be worn. 1. you are the groom 2. its senior prom and 3. you are attending the academy awards for which you have been nominated.

You know, I've stayed out of most of these Dress Code discussions, and just sat back and watched, but this one kinda gets to me.

Not one single person has said you can't dress up if you want to!! NO ONE!! My DF and I love getting dressed up for formal events and will do so on our honeymoon cruise in October. BECAUSE WE LIKE TO. If Billy over there doesn't want to, that's his business. I like to, so I will. Honestly, my job is really casual and where I live is pretty relaxed, so I enjoy dressing up when I can. But if you don't want to, why on Earth should I care?! And if you do want to? GREAT!! Go to town! Enjoy it!!

Get a grip people. Seriously.

Sheesh.

One day because of my work, the manpri will not only be tolerated, but revered.

Sparty darling, now please clue us in,:confused: How is it that a "Scientist" will have his work actually validated through the Manpris???? Possibly, finding a new "hair removal system for men, and therefore, you are able to test them easliy with the "Manpris"! What a contribution to whatever ails this Society of ours! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!:D ;)

Exactly what restaurant/dining atmosphere do you wear a tuxedo to? Are you crashing proms? I have stated all along, that I personally don't like nor will wear jeans or shorts in the dining room, but how about some flexibility? There are only 3 times in life where a tuxedo should be worn. 1. you are the groom 2. its senior prom and 3. you are attending the academy awards for which you have been nominated.

Crashing proms lol

Do you work at a gay bar:confused:

Was this necessary? Typical response though to someone who is afraid of change? This is a fabulous look on some men. It should not be attempted by most men, but for long buff beefcakes like myself its wonderful. BTW, my g/f loves them as well.

Also, my area of science is not going to be validated by the manpri revolution. This is a hobby. Not a profession.

I will continue to wear what I've worn- something nice (capris and a top) on "casual" nights and a dress on "elegant" nights. If other people want to dress down as much as they can get away with, then that's up to them. I don't think it will decrease the enjoyment of my dinner if people are wearing baseball caps or shorts. I don't really get all the uproar over shorts anyway...once you sit down your legs are under the table!

With the airlines now cracking down on the amount of luggage, I think it will be helpful to many people not to have to pack so many pairs of pants, dress shoes, skirts, dresses, etc.

And Yay on the official ban on Heelys...if only that could extend out to malls, grocery stores, etc.

Archived