Best Mariner secrets

Well, I guess now you can book Chops or Portofino's now 10 days before your cruise. :) Remember, that you can book your tours before you leave too even though the tours can tend to be a bit pricey when going with the ship.

The helipad is a nice area on any ship. It's not that crowded.

Remember to check out your dining seating to make sure you are happy with them. As soon as possible because the line gets long.

In 2004, we couldn't find our dining room table. The waiter directed us into a small room aside from the main dining room. It was a private table but we liked to be in the main dining room. We ended up with a very nice dining room table in the end. :)

Last year on Liberty, we were sat with a table of 6 people. We wanted to be at a private table. The concierge left a message on the phone for our new dinner table. We checked it out and it was amazing! It was a private table right by the window. I got to watch the beautiful ocean every night. :) The waiter was much better too. Her name was Hannielyn from the Philippines.

When you are checking in on the first day of your cruise, there are special lines. We got to go to the suite line and get through a lot quicker. Also, I believe there is a diamond area (if they still do that). We got to cut the line a few times. ;)

Most of all, have fun! :D

Well, I guess now you can book Chops or Portofino's now 10 days before your cruise. :) Remember, that you can book your tours before you leave too even though the tours can tend to be a bit pricey when going with the ship.

The helipad is a nice area on any ship. It's not that crowded.

Remember to check out your dining seating to make sure you are happy with them. As soon as possible because the line gets long.

In 2004, we couldn't find our dining room table. The waiter directed us into a small room aside from the main dining room. It was a private table but we liked to be in the main dining room. We ended up with a very nice dining room table in the end. :)

Last year on Liberty, we were sat with a table of 6 people. We wanted to be at a private table. The concierge left a message on the phone for our new dinner table. We checked it out and it was amazing! It was a private table right by the window. I got to watch the beautiful ocean every night. :) The waiter was much better too. Her name was Hannielyn from the Philippines.

When you are checking in on the first day of your cruise, there are special lines. We got to go to the suite line and get through a lot quicker. Also, I believe there is a diamond area (if they still do that). We got to cut the line a few times. ;)

Most of all, have fun! :D

You can't book chops online yet -for the Mariner- I believe the date was July 28th but I could be wrong. We are booked in 26 days and the RCCL website will not allow us to book online.

You can't book chops online yet -for the Mariner- I believe the date was July 28th but I could be wrong. We are booked in 26 days and the RCCL website will not allow us to book online.

According to the chart, July 10th is the first day for the Mariner for everyone, but you need to make the reservation at least 10 days ahead of your departure if I'm reading RCCI's page correctly.

See "Before you Board" and "Speciality Restaruants" I tried to attach the link but I'm not sure it will work

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/dining.do;jsessionid=0000PDsWDj2QXzsnWrZRs6Dkta5:12h3g0fq2?cS=NAVBAR

• 3 weeks later...

We have two boys, 15 and 9, who will be cruising with us in October (western route). I have not been able to find the compasses (if that is what it called) for their ages for the Mariner. If anyone could tell where I can find them, it would be greatly appreciated. I search this board on a regular basis, but I have only found very little to no dialogue on this topic. I have gone to the speciality section for cruising with families, but no luck there. This is our first RCCL cruise and I just wanted to have some idea of what to expect as far as activities specific to them.

Thanks for any suggestions.

This was on the Explorer (sister ship) so I would think it would be on the Mariner. On deck 11 the ladies room near Portofino's has an unbelievable view! The mens room near Chops (Mariner) should have the same view. There is no Chops on Explorer but the mens room had the same view. Can't wait to try that Mohito at Boleros.....:D

Where is the "peek-a-boo deck"? :)

Deck 11 forward. Go to the fitness center, then go out the doors and forward following the glass windows of the fitness center. It's a great spot to watch sailaway from.

Yes Do Tell :cool: , I want to know too!!!

Helipad is located on deck 4 forward. This is also known as Promenade Deck. Go forward all the way, you will see a flight of stairs leading up all the way forward on the promenade, go up the stairs and continue forward. You would be surprised how empty it is much of the time. It's a great place at night since they keep it pitch black so they can see out from the bridge.

Helipad is located on deck 4 forward. This is also known as Promenade Deck. Go forward all the way, you will see a flight of stairs leading up all the way forward on the promenade, go up the stairs and continue forward. You would be surprised how empty it is much of the time. It's a great place at night since they keep it pitch black so they can see out from the bridge.

Thank you

Penny

The whirlpool in the spa is a nice relaxing spot that is usually less crowded. The adjacent locker rooms have nice steam and saunas. Also a big fan of helipad area and peek a boo bridge. The Mariner was our first Voyager Class ship and is still one of our favorites!

Hi Katie and Rorito!

We will also be on the Helipad for sail away. We have never done this! I think the kids will love it!

This is a great thread!! Do we know for sur who the CD and Captain will be? I think there were some vacations recently. I am still trying to find current Cruise Compasses.

Jodi

Archived