Is the Windjammer open

puggal

all day from morning till 9:00pm. Just wondering if you come in from an excursion say around 4:00 would you be able to get a snack? We are on the late seating for dinner. Someone in our party is afraid to eat at the ports b/c of past stomach problems. We are the Mariner in June going on western caribbean cruise.

all day from morning till 9:PM. Just wondering if you come in from an excursion say around 4:00 would you be able to get a snack? We are on the late seating for dinner. Someone in our party is afraid to eat at the ports b/c of past stomach problems. We are the Mariner in June going on western caribbean cruise.

No, the Windjammer is not open all day long but a good part of it. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snacks/meals and dinner. On the Mariner there is also the café on the Promenade that is open for sandwiches, pizzas and snacks. There would be plenty of choices there for someone to get something to eat.

According to the most current Compass I have, the Windjammer hours were:

6:00--7:00am Early Bird Coffee

7:00--11:00am Casual Breakfast

11:30--3:00pm Lunch

3:00--5:00pm Afternoon Snack Service

6:30--9:00pm Casual Dinner

Also, don't forget room service operates 24/7......:D

Is that correct for lunch? 11:30 to 3:00pm? Didn't they always used to shut down before the afternoon snack time?

Wouldn't they just say 11:30 - 5:00pm?

Wouldn't they just say 11:30 - 5:00pm?

They are distinguishing between the different items served at those times, basically. Lunch is different than afternoon snack, etc. Items are changed, and the times reflect that. Snack time offers less items, but obviously, there are still lots of choices. :)

The estimates are rough, on AOS if you showed at change over, you would have one line of line open, while they set up for snack in a different section. As soon as snack was ready, they shut down the lunch section, and opened the newly prepared snack section.

maybe I missed what ship you're sailing but we had the pizza on the Enchantment in the Solarium, the also offerred hot dogs and hamburgers all afternoon. There always seem to be something in the Windjammer too, snacks in the afternoon were nachos and chicken wings as well as fresh foods (salads etc.).

all day from morning till 9:00pm. Just wondering if you come in from an excursion say around 4:00 would you be able to get a snack? We are on the late seating for dinner. Someone in our party is afraid to eat at the ports b/c of past stomach problems. We are the Mariner in June going on western caribbean cruise.

maybe I missed what ship you're sailing but we had the pizza on the Enchantment in the Solarium, the also offerred hot dogs and hamburgers all afternoon. There always seem to be something in the Windjammer too, snacks in the afternoon were nachos and chicken wings as well as fresh foods (salads etc.).
Mariner.

I will remember that the Windjammer does not close after lunch and between snack time.

I always thought they did, so we usually didn't go back up until later. :o

I will keep this in mind for my Mariner cruises. ;)

I will remember that the Windjammer does not close after lunch and between snack time.

I always thought they did, so we usually didn't go back up until later. :o

I will keep this in mind for my Mariner cruises. ;)

It is correct that they don't close, they will close 1 section probably 1/2 hour prior to the change over time, to clean and change the food selections, that section will then reopen serving the new food and they will close the other 1/2 and do the same thing

Archived