Jeans/Shorts/Baseball Caps in the Main Dining Rooms

chrisbd1

TonyFred- You are correct, you paid for the cruise and you can wear a hat while dining if you want. That being said, don't be surprised if some other diners consider you an uncouth lout. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

It makes me absolutely no difference what folks think about me when I am on vacation as long as I am not breaking the rules.

That is the difference between people like you and people like me.

And personally, I am glad I am me.

It is sad that some folks will say that a guy wearing a hat indoors ruined their vacation. I find that hilarious.

Maybe you would be more comfortable on the SS SNOB.

The ones of you who are offended by a man wearing a ball cap are exactly the same folks who smuggle alcohol on board in a Listerine bottle.

It makes me absolutely no difference what folks think about me when I am on vacation as long as I am not breaking the rules.

If you're not breaking the rules, we'll get along fine. And if you do break the rules, it might be OK by me anyhow (like it matters what I think) ;)

That is the difference between people like you and people like me.

And personally, I am glad I am me.

It is sad that some folks will say that a guy wearing a hat indoors ruined their vacation. I find that hilarious.

The ones of you who are offended by a man wearing a ball cap are exactly the same folks who smuggle alcohol on board in a Listerine bottle.

Hey ToniFred, aren't you the same person who once told someone on these boards "It's called DECAF, You should look into it" ?

Physician, heal thyself ...

"Hey ToniFred, aren't you the same person who once told someone on these boards "It's called DECAF, You should look into it" ?

Physician, heal thyself"

You Canadians are such hosers, eh?

But I am glad I made such an impression on you with my wit and charm. :rolleyes:

I just love the reaction that people have when someone mentions jeans in the dining room. In all honesty, I am one of the better dressed people in there and would never wear a ballcap to dinner.

But it would not bother me in the least if every guy (and girl) in there were wearing them.

SO WHAT?

I

For the record, I never said I was offended. its just a pet peeve of mine, but not one that will even come close to ruining a meal. As long as you dont smell and are clean, I have no issues.

And Im too lazy to do the work to smuggle liquor.

Yes, I agree that its sad if someone says a guy wearing a hat indoors ruined their vacation, but I didn't see that here. Most have said they were taught better and have the respect, courtesy and manners not to, but I don't see anyone rushing to cancel their cruise because they might run into someone like you wearing a baseball cap.

Snobbery and manners/courtesy/respect are not the same. Old fashioned values of not wearing a hat indoors, at a dinner table, etc., yes maybe they are old fashioned. And I understand some don't have those values, but that doesn't mean that because someone has values that differ from another makes them a snob. One has nothing to do with the other. A snob's version might be that they don't mind you wearing a hat, but it can't be a baseball cap, has to be an imported Italian fedora.:)

You don't think others should judge other people on the basis of what they wear etc., so I find it contradictory to say... 'the ones who feel offended by a man wearing a ball cap are exactly the same folks who smuggle alcohol on board in a Listerine bottle.' I don't judge people, I don't care what they wear, and I don't make any assumptions about a person until I meet and know them. But I would think people would feel the opposite and say that the one wearing jeans, t-shirt, baseball cap is the one smuggling booze. I don't get your logic on this one.:rolleyes:

But it would not bother me in the least if every guy (and girl) in there were wearing them.

SO WHAT?

If you read the threads, you'll actually find that though most people have an opinion on the subject of wearing hats indoors and to dinner, etc., most have also said that they don't care what others wear. They think it's rude, disrespectful, un-mannerly, etc. but I haven't seen anyone say it ruined their cruise and they wanted their money back.

The discussion seems to be centered on the old fashioned manners of wearing and/or not wearing a hat in certain atmostphere's, I'm just wondering if you read the threads or just post on threads like this just to be argumentative?:confused:

In all honesty, I am one of the better dressed people in there and would never wear a ballcap to dinner.

SO WHAT?

I can't say it would "bother" me if someone wore a ball cap to dinner - there are worse things. Like the well-dressed teenage girls who came to dinner on our last cruise... 30 minutes late... and chatting on a cell phone throughout the entree. I'd take a ball cap over those freaks of nature any day.

But I think what it all boils down to, TonyFred, is not someone's right to do what they want, when they want, because they paid for it. Everyone else paid for it too, so that's nothing.

What is comes down to is respect. If you show up looking like a slob, you tell everyone around you that you don't really care about anyone, least of all yourself, because you did not have the common courtesy to get dressed.

I'm glad to know that you are not one of those people.

Archived