Flavoured Rum on RCI ships

Can someone tell me if you can buy flavoured rum in the shops on RCI ships. We really loved the Cruzon rum we got on Princess but we have now run out. Would love to get some more as it isn't sold here in Australia.

Thanks

Kim

Yes they do and buy early because they run out of diff. flavors quickly. We've found the prices as good as the islands and once when we didn't they refunded the difference! Thye're 1 L. vs 750 ml @ home so keep that in mind when you're price checking. Discovered these on the "tasting" nite when cruising. Yum! With Orange Juice tou're getting your vitamins too! :-)

This is one thing I always stock up on - I make great rum cakes with them. My favorite flavors are banana, coconut and pineapple - actually, I'll be making a banana rum cake tonight as there are a few black bananas on my kitchen counter.

This is one thing I always stock up on - I make great rum cakes with them. My favorite flavors are banana, coconut and pineapple - actually, I'll be making a banana rum cake tonight as there are a few black bananas on my kitchen counter.

Geri, I just throw my over ripe bananas in the freezer so I always have some on hand for my familiy's fav. banana bread. A cake w/the Rum sounds great. Care to share a recipe? <dandj702 at hotmail dot com> Which flavor do you like best w/this?

Thanks!

Del

Can someone tell me if you can buy flavoured rum in the shops on RCI ships. We really loved the Cruzon rum we got on Princess but we have now run out. Would love to get some more as it isn't sold here in Australia.

Thanks

Kim

Please research your airline's policy on packing bottles in your luggage.

Some are now very specific about the kind of packaging you may use, and they will CONFISCATE it if it does not comply.

Also, bottles are heavy. You may end up paying extra for your luggage with bottles inside.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up.

:)

Oh, I would love the recipe, too ... please, please ....

I love those flavored rums!!!

Lynn

This is the basic recipe:

Preheat oven to 325 - spray 12 Cup Bundt pan with Pam

Sprinkle 1/2 C chopped nuts on the bottom of the pan

Beat 1 Box cake mix

1 pkg. instant pudding

1/2 C. rum

1/2 C. corn oil

1/2 C. water

Add 4 eggs one at a time and beat thoroughly.

Pour into pan and bake about an hour until a toothpick comes out clean.

Syrup:

Put 1 C sugar, 1/2 C rum and 1 stick of butter in a small saucepan - boil for 3 minutes.

Prick the hot cake all over with a fork (do not take out of pan) - slowly pour syrup all over the cake. I usually cover with foil and leave in the pan overnight so it completely soaks through, but leave it for at least an hour.

Variations:

Use banana rum and add 2-3 overripe bananas to the cake mix - I like walnuts with banana. You could use either yellow or banana cake mix.

Use pineapple rum and replace water with one 8 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice - use either yellow or pineapple cake mix.

Use coconut rum with the pineapple for pina colada cake.

Use coconut rum with French vanilla cake mix, coconut pudding and add 1/2 C. toasted coconut.

Try with chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding with plain rum - add a handful of chocolate chips to the nuts on top - this is DH's personal favorite.

Enjoy - got to go get my cake out of the oven!

Beat 1 Box cake mix

1 pkg. instant pudding

1/2 C. rum

1/2 C. corn oil

1/2 C. water

Syrup:

Put 1 C sugar, 1/2 C rum and 1 stick of butter in a small saucepan - boil for 3 minutes.

Prick the hot cake all over with a fork (do not take out of pan) - slowly pour syrup all over the cake. I usually cover with foil and leave in the pan overnight so it completely soaks through, but leave it for at least an hour.

Variations:

Use banana rum and add 2-3 overripe bananas to the cake mix - I like walnuts with banana. You could use either yellow or banana cake mix.

Use pineapple rum and replace water with one 8 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice - use either yellow or pineapple cake mix.

Use coconut rum with French vanilla cake mix, coconut pudding and add 1/2 C. toasted coconut.

Try with chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding with plain rum - add a handful of chocolate chips to the nuts on top - this is DH's personal favorite.

Thank you sooooooooooooo much. I can practically SMELL the rum cake you're baking. I usually buy the Cruzan rums ... coconut, pineapple, vanilla, mango. I'm read that Rum Jumbie in St. Maarten is fabulous, so I'm planning on trying them on this year's cruise in May.

It's good for you! OK I am prejudiced but thought it would be funny to support you all in your rum drinking/ baking habits. It's practically cheaper than the watre here... and if you use the Cruzan cirtus rum in the aforementioned recipe, adding the zest and juice from 2 or 3 lemons in the glaze... well it is pretty amazing.

Happy (hic) sails to all...

Please research your airline's policy on packing bottles in your luggage.

Some are now very specific about the kind of packaging you may use, and they will CONFISCATE it if it does not comply.

Also, bottles are heavy. You may end up paying extra for your luggage with bottles inside.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up.

:)

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_5450.asp?searchedkeywords=styrofoam+shipper+wine+box

It's good for you! OK I am prejudiced but thought it would be funny to support you all in your rum drinking/ baking habits. It's practically cheaper than the watre here... and if you use the Cruzan cirtus rum in the aforementioned recipe, adding the zest and juice from 2 or 3 lemons in the glaze... well it is pretty amazing.

Happy (hic) sails to all...

So far I've always bought Cruzan rum. I love it! I've never tried the citrus rum, though ... sounds DELICIOUS.

Thanks for all the posts, I am so happy now that I know I will be coming home with some rum.

The recipes sound great, never had rum cake like that before!

And I don't have to worry about packing the bottles they will just go in the car as we're driving to/from the port.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers

Beat 1 Box cake mix

1 pkg. instant pudding

1/2 C. rum

1/2 C. corn oil

1/2 C. water

Syrup:

Variations:

Should I or shouldn't I (bake it that is) :confused: . My first Weight Watchers meeting was yesterday :p

Archived