CPAP on Solstice

Rubinof

Is there any place to set a CPAP, on the Solstice. I realize, that the ship isn't due to, officially, come out, until December 2008, however, this is an enormous issue, for us. On past ships, there was a stationary night table, which was, somewhat, satisfactory. Do we have any information, on this, yet? Many thanks!

The nightstands on Millennium worked just fine for my CPAP last week, as did the nightstands on Century last year. I'm sure you'll have no problem. Just be certain to bring an extension cord, as the plug could well be across the room by the vanity.

David

someone on our cc board looked into this & concluded that the nightstands would work out Ok--they will need to use two in their cabin.. maybe you can call handicapped guest services & see what they can tell you about accomodating this need...

someone on our cc board looked into this & concluded that the nightstands would work out Ok--they will need to use two in their cabin.. maybe you can call handicapped guest services & see what they can tell you about accomodating this need...

I could never understand why there are no outlets on the bed side of the cabin. Only one outlet so you should also bring a multi outlet adapter.

I would up using the sofa to hold the cpap - worked just fine

Hi,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about this on the new ships.

This is something that has been a bit of concern to me. I'm the person referred to above by hcat. The only reason I'm concluding it will work out is that I'm trusting the stateroom attendant to be able to rig up a table or something for us if the nightstands are non-existant.

Looking at the artists/computer-generated renderings of staterooms on the new class of ships is what got me concerned.

The staterooms below suite level appear to have no nightstands — only a shelf that juts out from the wall alongside the bed. And to me, that shelf doesn't appear large enough (and maybe not sturdy enough) to safely accomodate the average CPAP or VPAP machine.

We always travel with extra power supply cords, as we've yet to find any cruise ship with outlets near the bed.

Regarding the previous poster suggesting sitting the units on the floor. That might work if one didn't attempt to turn over at night. However, the beds on the new class of ships appear to be somewhat taller, and if that proves true in reality, would make even floor use impractical.

At any rate, something will work out. We're not letting it dampen our excitement at being on a new ship. If the shelf beside the bed doesn't work, we'll have to reserve Solstice class ships for those times we can afford higher end staterooms. Hehehehehe. ;)

Oh, and regarding 'higher end' stateroom nightstands: if you look at those, the tabletop appears to be largely taken up by a lamp. Oy!! :confused:

Cheers to all our fellow CPAP users!!

CM

Hi,

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about this on the new ships.

This is something that has been a bit of concern to me. I'm the person referred to above by hcat. The only reason I'm concluding it will work out is that I'm trusting the stateroom attendant to be able to rig up a table or something for us if the nightstands are non-existant.

Looking at the artists/computer-generated renderings of staterooms on the new class of ships is what got me concerned.

The staterooms below suite level appear to have no nightstands — only a shelf that juts out from the wall alongside the bed. And to me, that shelf doesn't appear large enough (and maybe not sturdy enough) to safely accomodate the average CPAP or VPAP machine.

We always travel with extra power supply cords, as we've yet to find any cruise ship with outlets near the bed.

Regarding the previous poster suggesting sitting the units on the floor. That might work if one didn't attempt to turn over at night. However, the beds on the new class of ships appear to be somewhat taller, and if that proves true in reality, would make even floor use impractical.

At any rate, something will work out. We're not letting it dampen our excitement at being on a new ship. If the shelf beside the bed doesn't work, we'll have to reserve Solstice class ships for those times we can afford higher end staterooms. Hehehehehe. ;)

Oh, and regarding 'higher end' stateroom nightstands: if you look at those, the tabletop appears to be largely taken up by a lamp. Oy!! :confused:

Cheers to all our fellow CPAP users!!

CM

I am reasonably sure the "shelf" will hold a CPAP machine - and you could always move the coffee table over - I think the cabin steward did that for me one year. Beds a re probably similar to the new bedding on all the ships - a little higher to accomodate luggage = but still not too high for a CPAP on the floor

Be sure to contact special needs at special_needs@rccl.com and ask for their assistance with your CPAP. Specify your booking number in the request and your sail date so they have all the needed data to facilitate your request. The first response you get will be auto generated but you WILL receive one within 24 hours answering your query.

Not only are they supplying me with distilled water but they are also providing the extension cord for my cpap on my upcoming cruise. :D

Archived