How do you get to Hell?

PictureMom

I visited Hell last year. I took the Carnival excursion that stopped at Hell, the turtle farm and swimming with the sting rays. I was disappointed with Hell. All it is, is a little shack. As the other posters said and posted pictures of, there is a large rock formation. Its nothing but a tourist trap. It has a bunch of souveniers about Hell. There are a few photo ops outside with the devil and angel. It was definitely not worth it. Our driver only stopped about 10 minutes. Grand Cayman is beautiful and the sting ray swimming is awesome!

Raising teenage boys.........I think I have the route down. I go there and back on a frequent basis. :)

ZING! High five!!! :D :D

I'm raising teenage boys too (19, 17, 14 and a 10 year old who may as well be a teenager) - it can be hellacious, but lots of fun too. I love it!

No way. We did this last year while waiting to swim with the stingrays and the whole group (adults and children) agreed this was the biggest waste of time EVER. Way out of the way, nothing to see.

Went to Grand Cayman in '05. Loved the trip. We had fun at the turtle farm, stingray city and Hell. I sent my boss a go to hell card. They loved it. The time at hell was quick, the lines at the cashier long and I knew it was going to be. I preprinted address labels ahead of time, so I could mail off cards from hell without having to hurry.

Here are a few photos.

Hell Gift Shop

P8257068.jpg

Hell Cashier - He said things like "What the Hell do you want?"

or "Who the Hell is next?"

P8257067-copy.jpg

Am I Turtle Enough For You?

P8257046.jpg

Stingray City

P8257082.jpg

Enjoy,

Photocruiser

Little Sallie was at school and her teacher gave the class a writing assignment entitled "what is the one thing you cannot wait to do when you get older?" Little Sallie thought for a while and wrote her essay. The teacher called on her to read it and she started reading, "When I die, I can't wait to get to heaven and ask Abraham Lincoln what it was like to help free the slaves."

Sallie's teacher stopped her and asked, "Sallie, what if Abraham Lincoln is in hell?"

Little Sallie, without missing a beat answered, "Then YOU can ask him!"

on a truthful note...

hell was boring! coupla black rock formations, people can mail a post card if they want, then, back on the bus.

That's good to know. All I keep hearing is how much more fun hell would be, with all them sinners and all. ;)

You may feel like you're in Hell raising teenage boys, but it does end and they grow up, then they leave, get married and then.......give you grandkids!!!!!!:D It's so worth it!

Waiting for the grandkids but not for a while. Neither one married yet..

We took the Turtle Farm/Hell/Sting Ray tour when we went in 2005. Hell was worth the quick stop for Tshirts and postcards. Wouldn't have been worth it though if it was by itself. We all expected more then some lava and a souvenir shop. What made it the best for us was that our bus was number "666". That had us laughing all day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Snapeophile/177.jpg

On a more serious note...

We took the local bus (bus station behind the pier block) to Hell. It cost $2.50 each way and took around 20 minutes to travel there.

However....... it took 40 minutes for the return trip. The bus does not return on the outward route, but drives in the opposite direction, eventually swinging round to reach town.

If, like us, you cut it fine, you'll sweat quite a lot!

Tip: do not sit in the single seat on the left hand side of the bus. Everyone exiting the bus needs to pass by and you will be continually getting in and out of the bus as well as opening and closing the door!

There is not too much to see in Hell: allow perhaps 10 minutes to take photographs, or obviously more if you want to write postcards and have them postmarked from Hell (there is the sweetest lady in the gift shop - very helpful).

The bus for the return trip is caught from the road opposite (on the T junction) the petrol station. With your back to the petrol station, cross the road and stand on the right (facing) side of the road.

The buses run every 10 minutes or so.

Just ensure that you allow enough time for the whole journey, and do not worry if the bus goes off in the opposite direction from that you expected!

It is a great way for a tour of the island for little outlay - great fun too!

Archived