Princess Air from Los Angeles to Auckland

margord

Any idea what air line Princess uses from Los Angeles to Auckland. Also, do they normally fly directly or do they take a horrible route through Sydney or Singapore or somewhere else? Also how about the same questions from Sydney back to Los Angeles.

Marilee

Princess was going to use United for us. We got a better rate going through Qantas directly, even though the rate was into Auckland and return out of Melbourne. Qantas was great to deal with. We also added three domestic legs. No, we did not use a Aussie pass, but, by using Qantas to do the domestic parts, we were able to maintain the international baggage allowance.

Doing it ourselves through the airline took the guesswork out of dealing through Princess' air desk.

Princess was going to use United for us. We got a better rate going through Qantas directly, even though the rate was into Auckland and return out of Melbourne. Qantas was great to deal with. We also added three domestic legs. No, we did not use a Aussie pass, but, by using Qantas to do the domestic parts, we were able to maintain the international baggage allowance.

Doing it ourselves through the airline took the guesswork out of dealing through Princess' air desk.

I agree about the guess work. Did you you frequent flyer miles or just do a regular booking. So many people are using the frequent flyer miles. I truly wish we could but just don't have that amount.

Marilee

Thank you so much. We just booked with Qantas. I really appreciate your thoughts and we saved money from what Princess wanted.

For Qantas economy, see here (or here for non-Flash HTML pages).

As for United - well, it's United. Sorry, carnac767 - but that is how it is down the back.

Wow, I did make a good decision. Thanks for the details. Maybe my seats in economy won't be so bad after all. Thanks you.

Marile

Marile,

Seeing you booked direct with Qantas, did you get your seats allocated?

I love flying with Qantas, especially after a lengthy period overseas. As soon as you get on the aircraft, the atmosphere is like being in Australia already.

Marile,

Seeing you booked direct with Qantas, did you get your seats allocated?

I love flying with Qantas, especially after a lengthy period overseas. As soon as you get on the aircraft, the atmosphere is like being in Australia already.

Yes, I did.

Slightly OT, but yesterday I booked my first QF longhaul in ages - I'm going to try their new Premium Economy in May. Both the trips last year were in BA's equivalent, but kenexx says that QF's PE is miles better (one of the advantages of doing it later). And I had to jump in because there were only two lowest-fare seats left on the flight that I needed to get out to Sydney.

So it'll be nice to have that exact feeling. It is definitely like being in Oz from the moment you get onboard. Right down to the cabin crew taking the piss out of you, in a typically inoffensive Aussie style (although I can imagine lots of people who would get offended!).

Booking this Qanata flight was purely dumb luck. Someone on the boards suggested I check it out. I did and the flights looked good and the price was better than the cruise lines so I took. Now reading everything you all have been writing I am so very excited that I was so lucky. Not only do I have direct flights (which I was hoping for), not only is the price better than what I could get through the cruise line, but looks like it is actually going to be as enjoyable flight as humanly possible. Thanks for all the wonderful information on the airline.

Marilee

Slightly OT, but yesterday I booked my first QF longhaul in ages - I'm going to try their new Premium Economy in May. Both the trips last year were in BA's equivalent, but kenexx says that QF's PE is miles better (one of the advantages of doing it later). And I had to jump in because there were only two lowest-fare seats left on the flight that I needed to get out to Sydney.

So it'll be nice to have that exact feeling. It is definitely like being in Oz from the moment you get onboard. Right down to the cabin crew taking the piss out of you, in a typically inoffensive Aussie style (although I can imagine lots of people who would get offended!).

Oh God - I hope it lives up to the company blurb!!! :D:D

Don't worry, I don't expect it to! I've been around too long to believe every word of airline marketing and advertising.

But it'll be interesting to compare it to the BA product, and to see whether it's worth the extra 10% I have to pay to get the QF product.

Archived