Cruise Cocktails

Deeliteful

• 3 weeks later...

His - Long Island Iced Tea - the more alcohol you can get in it the better

Mine - sex on the beach

However Ocean Village do share cocktails - huge goldfishbowl sized glasses for 2 - so we have to try a few differnt ones - we recommend the Black Knight. Made with black vodka, apple sours

In fact we liked them so much, we brought home the bar menu!

Only 1 month and 4 days to another one

• 3 months later...
At home I'll drink a Rum & Coke or glass of wine...

but...

...on...a...cruise...

...I've got to have a Pina Colada!!!

I usually go for a rum and diet coke as that does not run up my blood sugar. I also love Kahlua spiked coffees but those will run up my blood sugar if I am not careful. I have to pass on the sugary foo foo drinks, but there was a time when I would be right with you.

My cruise beverage of choice is usually a cold Corona or Sol beer with (of course) a wedge of lime stuck in the top. I never bother with the lime at home, but on vacation I can't do without it because making a mess as you stuff a too-big wedge into the neck of the bottle, then put your hand on top and turn it over really quick...it's all part of the "cruise experience" for me. :)

My alternate choice would be the beverage that almost always turns out to be the drink that I want when I am not really sure what I want....a white wine spritzer with extra lime. Very light, very refreshing, more "cocktail-y" than just having a glass of wine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

On a cruise, I drink one beer a day with lunch. I prefer a dark ale. Then, I like a froo froo like a BBC or a Mai Tai. In the evening my regular drink is a vodka & diet coke, but I have a Cosmopolitan to start off each evening. Wow, I sound like a lush, but it sure is fun when you're on vacation. ;) Of course, there's always a 3PM nap to put everything in perspective!:o

Fell in love with the Yellow Birds! They are a Harvey Wallbanger with Crean de Banana added. And maybe a couple of other things I can't remember at the time.

we're cruising in about 48 days and looking forward to all of the foo foo drinks! :o

I had to search the net to get it, but after just 2.2 seconds, I found it :) Here ya go! Hope that helps.

Kiss on the Lips recipe

This drink recipe is one of the bigger hits on Carnival Cruise Lines. It seems like every person who tries it comes back with a mission to find the recipe. :o) Quantities are an estimate, adjust to taste.

1 - 1 1/2 oz peach schnapps

4 - 6 oz frozen mango mix

1 tbsp grenadine syrup

The mango mix should be blended with crushed ice firstly with the schnapps. Pour the schnapps and mango mix into a cocktail glass with the grenadine already placed at the bottom.

That sounds really good... definitely will have to try this instead of my usual peach schnapps & OJ.

• 1 month later...

Favorite cruise cocktail: The Kiribati Krusher.

1 part silver tequila

2 parts sweet & sour (or Sausa Margarita mix)

float of blue curacao

Add tequila and sweet & sour over ice, shake well, add capful of curacao. The curacao drifts to the bottom and gives the drink a very tropical blue-green waters look. Was named (by, well, me) for the blue-green lagoon on Tabuaeran (formerly Fanning Is.) in the Republic of Kiribati.

Cheers,

Spud

Mmmm, BBC!!!! I'd NEVER drink something like that at home (I'm actually a Labatt Blue drinker...), but it's so tasty out on the pool deck when it's hot out. Only one though - too filling!!!

Coronas with a lime are pretty nice as well - plan on having a few of those tonight, to toast Cinco de Mayo, and the fact that I just booked our next cruise!

Archived