What Do You Do 3 Days Before You Cruise?

wizard-of-roz

Starting about a week or even ten days before the cruise (we leave on 4-19) I make lists and then lose them!

I'm at Day 14 right now, and I've had an ongoing list for weeks! I've started bringing things to the "staging area," which is the guest bedroom. ;) Today, DH and I booked some excursions online, and I also started putting together some medicines (aspirin, Rolaids, etc.) for a mini first-aid kit. On the other hand, I don't want to do too much too soon, so I'm kind of holding myself back at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so we took our "amazing" cruise, on the Oosterdam (loved every minute on her!)

With all my lists and with help from you....I still forgot stuff!!!!!

I did not check my list before leaving (I was too busy!)....BIG MISTAKE, BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!

Take the time to double check your lists......:eek:

We leave in 4 days--been double-checking my lists all week! AND I also decided to take my hand-written lists (plus various other lists I've printed off online) and create my own permanent "pre-cruise" list for the future.

Such a good idea.....Take it from a world traveler.....We think we're prepared and are so sure of ourselves and then we make the stupidest mistakes....Don't trust your memory, especially when you are rushed!

It's a lesson learned for me......You should have seen me in San Diego, rushing around to find a drug store, in a strange city and to find what I should have packed the night before.......So stupid!!!!:rolleyes:

Roz, I love your dog, although upon first glance at that picture, I thought she was a monkey! :p So what did you forget that you had to look for in San Diego? I just worry about leaving things off my lists...

A monkey.....I won't tell her you said that!

I forgot eye drops....My eyes are so sensitive to the wind, on the ocean....I can't go without them.....And, of all things Immodium, do I have to explain?

I found a drug store in Del Mar (near San Diego), where we stayed the night before cruising. But, who wants to waste their vacation time looking for this stuff? NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Have you ever tried to find this stuff on the ship or in a port? Forget it! I would have red eyes, all during the cruise and wouldn't you know it, I needed the Immodium towards the end of it! ;)

We just finished packing, reconfirmed flights, nxt get some cash to walk around with and most important I am checking the weather of all places where we going to be...and Juanita is correct most of that stuff we do too, including turning off the answering machine....

Three days before we verify all printed paperwork is in our cruise folder. Verify car rental and hotel reservations.

Two days before we make certain frige is cleaned out, put in stop mail order, turn off water heater, unplug most appliances, turn off heat/ac unit.

One day before we pick up the rental car, load it with hanging clothes which go into suitcase night before the ship leaves. Get take out for dinner, and try like hell to get a decent nights sleep before we drive to our port.

Roz, last year I forgot my eye drops too. This year, someone who had been on the cruise with me last year, who wasn't even on my cruise this year, reminded me to bring them. CCers can be a great help. Now, I keep my list in the computer and just copy it for each cruise or vacation and check off things as they get packed.

Carol: You'd think after all the cruising and traveling and especially after the age that I've reached.....You'd think I'd know better.....:p

I guess that's why they carry so much "stuff" in all those truck stops along the way.....for all of us forgetful folks!!!!

A monkey.....I won't tell her you said that!

I forgot eye drops....My eyes are so sensitive to the wind, on the ocean....I can't go without them.....And, of all things Immodium, do I have to explain?

I found a drug store in Del Mar (near San Diego), where we stayed the night before cruising. But, who wants to waste their vacation time looking for this stuff? NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Have you ever tried to find this stuff on the ship or in a port? Forget it! I would have red eyes, all during the cruise and wouldn't you know it, I needed the Immodium towards the end of it! ;)

Roz, no offense to your cute little dog, but the way she's sitting definitely makes her look like a monkey, at least at a glance! :D

Eye drops I have in my purse, and my Immodium equivalent is already packed in my mini first aid kit. Hopefully I'm in good shape!

Many great tips here but one thing we do before leaving is to turn off water lines to the washer and ice maker as according to our rug cleaners their biggest business is cleaning up after water damage from erupting lines. We also put the hot water heater on vacation mode.

Most of all we count our Blessings as we are so fortunate to be able to take such wonderful cruises or as in next week's case go to our place in Kauai and enjoy the beauty of Poipu Beach. Aloha!!

Archived