On Deck for the Cure?

sail7seas

No one has mentioned it lately.

HAL is still doing that, aren't they? Our last cruise on Maasdam end of November/December, we had it but I haven't seen any mention here since.

No one has mentioned it lately.

HAL is still doing that, aren't they? Our last cruise on Maasdam end of November/December, we had it but I haven't seen any mention here since.

We had it on the Rotterdam in Jan/Feb.

The last news release I saw on this was from Susan G Komen foundation: http://cms.komen.org/komen/Partners/CorporatePartners/011475

It mentions that the program was continued from April 1, 2007, through March 31, 2008 (its second year). I've been watching, but haven't seen anything officially saying that it's extended for a third year. Has anyone been on a cruise starting after April 1st (or on one now) that could say if it's still being done?

It was well publicized on our Volendam cruise in October but less so on the Statendam in February. I enjoy it but wish it was scheduled earlier in the cruise. It's a good way to meet people.

We signed up for this on the Noordam 3/19. We didn't get a chance to walk though ( they had reschulded our shortened cooking class for the same time) and I was really looking foward to it. We did donate to the fund and get our T shirts.

Thankfully, no one in our families have been directly effected but DH and I are very committed to participating in The Walk.

One of our closest friends was diagnosed at age 28 and fought one heck of a battle foe 8 years. We support this when ever we can.

It was on our both of our Veendam cruises in March.

Not advertized very well.

In the daily program it mentioned that there would be a Walk for the Cure (No mention of the date at the beginning of the cruises) and that we would receive information about it later in the cruise.

Never got a form letter like we have gotten on other ships.

Thank you, but that was before the March 31, 2008 end of 'committment' which was referenced here. I'm trying to determine if HAL extended their intention to continue The Walk.

Great minds, Ruth.....

I put it in John's thread from Maasdam. :) Hope he'll see it when he posts his next installment.

Ruth? I didn't see Ruth post here...she does have a great mind, but I think you meant Carol . Maybe not!;)

I have seen this mentioned in other threads and would very much like to participate on my upcoming cruises on Ryndam (April) and Zaandam (May). I hope it is still available.

Could someone explain to me how this works. Do you make a personal donation and/or seek donations from other passangers?

Thanks for the info.

Rochelle

ICould someone explain to me how this works. Do you make a personal donation and/or seek donations from other passangers?

You make the donation. There will be a notice in the Daily Program (I've seen an advance notice, too) listing out the time/meeting place.

All the details will be spelled out.

Archived