Smooth Sailing on the Legend Crossing...!!

CruisinMatt

It's now been about 24 hours, and not even a ransom note for the missing pair....:eek: Hazel is quite distraught; even Sean seems saddened. This should just not be happening!

The weather has shifted a bit...a little cooler, with a good chance of rain soon, and the seas a bit rougher than before. However, it is still a wonderful day to be on Seabourn!

Tomorrow the Tug o' War is planned mid-afternoon. Maciej tells me that he is the official photographer, as they wouldn't allow him to compete! ;) I think he relishes his opportunity "not" to!

No more updates of the injured passenger....

Life is good...

Paul ;)

Paul,

Thanks for the report! I feel terrible for your "loss", and hope your kids find their way back! Why Seabourn allows Kidnappers on board (especially the Legend) for most crossings, is a mystery to me!! :D :D

Host Dan

Thanks, Host Dan, for your comments, and you're absolutely right! Is nothing sacred?? :eek: :D

Latest report is that some sort of communication has transpired, concerning "honey & money"...but the details are skimpy at this point. Perhaps there is a shimmer of hope....!!

Had a nice shower after lunch today, then brilliant sunshine for the remainder of the afternoon. The putting contest shows the US victorious over the World, through today's matches, 6-1!

Tonight is the "Chop House" in 2. It's been announced that by in the morning we will be within medivac distance, although such an event has not been decided yet. We will arrive in Funchal a day early, around 7 pm local time and spend approx. 1 day there, with 2 sea days to Lisboa.

Another sea day on Seabourn....

Paul :)

Just a quick update on the kidnapping caper....

The owl has been recovered! We are hopeful that pussycat's return will be soon forthcoming! Spirits are high, although questions of the dastardly beginnings still remain....

Hazel is delighted to have her owl back; her pussycat, however, is even more missed, as a 35-year (pre wedding) reminder of good tidings.... Hopefully, tomorrow will bring more info on the missing pussy....

By 7 am tomorrow (local time) we will be within medivac distance, although no procedures have been announced as of yet.

Thanks to all who have held good thoughts for our injured passsenger, our owl, and our pussycat.....

Paul ;)

Paul,

We are all sending good wishes to the Sailor and his wife ~~hoping all will be well when arriving Funchal.

Oh the poor Watson's........I would be devastated if any of my beloved Monkey family members were kidnapped! Praise the Lord we don't have "critter-napper's" on the Pride! (a hint would be to

interrogate Eric DeGray!:confused: )

Happy to hear of the smooth seas!

Have fun and thanks for posting.

Martita B.

Martita, your sea-gram was delivered promptly this morning. Thanks so much for the *inside* info - it will be put to good use as always. I will respond in full after I am back home. We have so much to catch up on... ;)

I just returned from Executive Chef Adam Lockwood's Cookng Demo - he did a Thai style Sea Bass and gratinated Escargots. (He lives in Thailand) Chef Adam is a wealth of knowlegde and also a non-stop talker. His demo was very comical as well! He did a galley tour early in the crossing and plans to do a "shopping with the chef" in Funchal!

Just an FYI - Sun cream has been offered daily to everyone lounging or sitting in the sun. There had been reports that this does not happen, but it in fact does...

Martha, Ignacio and Joe (from NYC) send hugs! :D

Off to a delicious lunch in the Restaurant and then a lie-down before the crew tug-o-war at 3PM!

:D

Just a quick update on the kidnapping caper....

The owl has been recovered! We are hopeful that pussycat's return will be soon forthcoming! Spirits are high, although questions of the dastardly beginnings still remain....

Hazel is delighted to have her owl back; her pussycat, however, is even more missed, as a 35-year (pre wedding) reminder of good tidings.... Hopefully, tomorrow will bring more info on the missing pussy....

By 7 am tomorrow (local time) we will be within medivac distance, although no procedures have been announced as of yet.

Thanks to all who have held good thoughts for our injured passsenger, our owl, and our pussycat.....

Paul ;)

Wow paul,

The Owl has been recovered already??? That HAS to be a record! Now for that Pussy.... ;)

Host Dan

After a particularly embarassing Q&A by Mrs. Watson of virtually the entire Bar Staff, seeking info about the missing cat, she successfully completed the task, to be presented with yet another quiz-like question to solve in order to obtain information about the missing kitty.

The good news is that, by successfully solving the puzzle, Hazel was assured that her pussycat was well, and she should expect another randsome/riddle within 24 hours! A sigh of relief went out when it was suggested that the cat had not yet been harmed!

Otherwise, the Bar Staff were the winners of the Spring 2008 Tug-o-War contest, a highly competitive event!

Off to dinner in "2", for the Trattoria menu, soon!

Another fine day aboard the Legend, and hope abounds for the Watsons!

Paul :D ;)

Nice photo, Matt. I always enjoy the "specialty" nights at "2." The weather appears to be just fine for an evening on deck.

It was, indeed, a lovely evening! We ate early and were blessed to have very few out on the terrace while dining. Adam (from Poland) was in very rare form, and an absolute delight! He gave us little reason to vary from "his" suggestions(!), and they were impeccable! "Papa! Papa! Relaaaaxxxxx!"

It was a wonderful dinner, as the sun set in the west...and life aboard Seabourn is very, very good!

Paul ;-)

>"Adam (from Poland) "

Talk about favourites, he's one of mine. Will you please give him my very best wishes from Mrs Pond?

Thanks ever so much!!!

Jane: I'll be glad to give your regards to Adam, tomorrow night we're reserved for the Tastings.

On a happy note, I'm delighted to announce the return of the Watson's pussycat, last evening while they were attending dinner. Upon returning to their suite, their much-beloved kitty was lounging on the bed, along with a note of (some) apology. Mr. Watson fell asleep with the kitty in the crook of his arm, and they slept very soundly, being finally reunited.

Cooler today, yet brilliant sun through partly cloudy skies will guide us into Funchal later today, with sailaway tomorrow afternoon at 5 pm.

Another lovely day on the Legend....

Paul :D ;)

We spent the night in Funchal and today it's been incredibly warm - almost hot!!

The german Aida Vita and the HAL Amsterdam are with us in port.

They are already removing the silver piping from the sides of the ship - pre-drydock I guess! (see attached pic)

Lunch in a few minutes then Tea at Reids!!!

PS - Martita, your 2nd communique was delivered yesterday afternoon we are certainly dining in the Restaurant tonight!! :D ;)

DSCF0842.jpg.62774ae353fe74de6092d4f4d19259c6.jpg

A quick hello to all....

Just got home from my first TA on the Legend, and really had a wonderful 13 days, even with the rockin' & rollin' from Funchal to Lisboa! Spent one night in Lisboa, then left early this morning for flights home.

JaneBP: I missed Adam the night I had mentioned I'd relay your best wishes, but caught him the next night (I think!) in the Restaurant. He remembered you fondly, and sent his regards to you, as well! He was almost a crazy man in "2" on Italian night...kept us all in stitches, while providing his always-present fine service!

The Galley lunch on Friday was quite an event with the motion of the ocean playing with us. I tried to lean against a wall in the galley covered in white cloth, but there was no wall behind it! I barely avoided a calamity...and, unfortunately, there were several "crashes" heard during the time we were at lunch! Everyone still seemed to have a wonderful time....

I'm hoping the "aftermath" from work won't be too bad, so I can "make good" on the future crossings I've got deposits on. It's really a wonderful way to relax, and a good way to make new friends!

I'm sure there will be more later from others...this boy's just a bit worn out tonight!!

Paul :D

This boy is almost home too! We stayed overnight in Zurich and just are off of the 9 hour flight.

Just an FYI, we ended up arriving in Lisbon Friday night about 10PM. The captain had us going "full steam ahead" to outrun a storm, thus the final dinner was quite an event with waves going over the portholes, the occasional table sliding (the few that are not bolted down) and having to hold on to our wine glasses.

We were suppose to go to Setubal where the drydock is taking place but that port was going to be closed due to the storms.

More later!!

:D

Archived