Cool Runnings to rethink Cruise passengers!

blyle

We just returned from our wonderful day with Cool Runnings! Unfortunately they are thinking about NOT taking cruise passengers anymore! They explained that cruise passengers are notorious for not showing and that everything, food, drink etc is ordered by the head . 7 or more cruise passengers do not show and the hotels can fill their cats with island passengers. I suggested they require a CC and cancellation fee. They also mentioned that one disgruntled cruiser can really cost them business if they write about it on cruise critic. We absolutely loved our experience with them and hope others get to sail with them in the future!!! I will admit that some are hesitant to have to walk outside the terminal and then down the main street but its not far and well worth it.

They have already made that decison. As of April 1 they are no longer taking cruise ship passengers. We tried talking them into it because we are repeat guests, but they would not budge. So...we're off to Silver Moon which we heard is great also.

We were on the Crown Princess last week and used Good Times catamaran while in Barbados. We had a group of 12 and had the catamaran to ourselves. It was a truly wonderful tour. We tried to swim with the turtles at the usual spot where several other large catamarans were including Cool Runnings. It was so crowded we couldn't get very close to the turtles. We left there and went to another spot where we swam with several turtles and we were the only boat there. It was a wonderful experience.

We also stopped at a wreck and were also the only boat there for about 20 minutes until the other boats arrived. It was a great day. The captain and crew were great and we had all the beer and rum punch we could drink. We spent a couple hours under sail before we returned to a spot near Sandy Lane. We were on the catamaran about 5 hours. I highly recommend Good Times. Other CC members used Silver Moon and did not go to the private turtle site so they didn't get a chance to swim with the turtles.

Google Good Times Barbados to find their website.

Mike

Lauren,

I am surprised that Cool Runnings wouldn't take your reservation since you are past guests. I had been in contact with them right before they made the decision to not take cruise passengers but hadn't actually booked anything (we aren't cruising until August so I knew I had time to wait). I contacted them as soon as they announced that they weren't going to be taking cruise passengers anymore and they said they would honor my request because I had contacted them before they made the decision. I made my reservation right away and received a confirmation back so we are all set to go. If you haven't booked with Silver Moon yet, why don't you try again if you really want to go with them. Not sure who you talked to but I dealt with Danielle and she was great. I have heard that Silver Moon is great too. They would have been my second choice. Good Luck.

Maureen,

I have already booked with Silver Moon and we are happy with our decision. I did try to book with Cool Runnings after they told me "no" but they didn't even answer my email. We thought there were too many people on their boat when we went last year, but their customer service was outstanding so we decided to try again and hope for smaller crowds since we are the only ship in port on that day. I hope you have fun with them. They do know how to treat you right.

Hey Lauren,

I am sure you will have a great time on Silver Moon. I was really torn between the two and only went with Cool Runnings because a personal friend of mine had sailed on them. I had heard that other people thought they were too crowded as well but since we are the only ship in port as well, and now they aren't taking cruise ship passengers I am hoping that it wont be too bad. Either way, I dont think either one of us will be disappointed. Have a great cruise!! By the way, when are you sailing??

Just did the Cool Runnings excursion a few days ago... We were scheduled to arrive in Barbados at 8am... We were there by 7am..

Unfortunately, we did not leave the ship till 8:50 due to "customs" taking their time... We had to meet the cool runnings rep. at 9am.... Everybody from the ship arrived later than 9am.. The few buses were insufficient for taking cruise passengers from the pier to the terminal...

She said that Barbados customs officials were notorious for being slow and that they never knew when the cruise ship people were going to show up...

Cool Runnings makes enough off repeat business. Cruise ship passengers are not important to their bottom line.

Cass

Unfortunately, we did not leave the ship till 8:50

due to "Customs" taking their time... ===> or did you mean Immigration?

We had to meet the cool runnings rep. at 9am....

Everybody from the ship arrived later than 9am..

The few buses were insufficient for taking cruise passengers from the pier to the terminal...

She said that Barbados customs officials were notorious for being slow

and that they never knew when the cruise ship people were going to show up...

Hmmmm... so is the problem really cruise ship pax?

or is it... :confused:

What do you know aplmac?

Are you a cricket fan, as the Aussies are coming over?

Pity we won't be there then, as I'd love to see a game in Barbados.

Aplmac knows nothing.

Haven't lived here long enough - only 56 years,sorry. :)

Am I a cricket fan? - no, sorry. :)

Are the Aussies coming? - I haven't a clue,sorry. :)

We'd love to have you, please come...stay 3 weeks or so. :)

Archived