Confessions of a Cruise Addict

Mikel1733

I thought I had my addiction under control. Its been less than 6 months since my last cruise and things were going well. Although I had hopes of a cruise in 2008 the airfares, surcharges, and slowing economy had made me think maybe I needed to forego a cruise this year. And then the temptation of my addiction was put in front of me first by Wennfred with his day by day reviews from the Freedom, and then by PaulMedik with his pictures from the same Freedom cruise. Now my gut is in turmoil and I feel I may be losing control once again. I feel a strong need to call my PVP and get something booked and soon as possible. To hell with airfares and cancellations......I need a fix!!!

Thanks alot WennFred and PaulMedik;)

I thought I had my addiction under control. Its been less than 6 months since my last cruise and things were going well. Although I had hopes of a cruise in 2008 the airfares, surcharges, and slowing economy had made me think maybe I needed to forego a cruise this year. And then the temptation of my addiction was put in front of me first by Wennfred with his day by day reviews from the Freedom, and then by PaulMedik with his pictures from the same Freedom cruise. Now my gut is in turmoil and I feel I may be losing control once again. I feel a strong need to call my PVP and get something booked and soon as possible. To hell with airfares and cancellations......I need a fix!!!

Book it!!! We have a great group going in October on the Legend:D

I've got next year's booked and have spent all day researching for 2010! I need help, I know....but the first step is admitting it, right?? :D

I thought I was the only one out there with this problem. My husband says we do not have the money to spend on a cruise vacation but I pay for it a little bit at a time from each paycheck. We work hard all year and deserve an awsome vacation!

Yes, you deserve a vacation and when all is said and done, it probably cost less to go on a cruise then to book a room at the beach for a week! I have finally got my DH admitting to the great value of Carnival cruises, now if I can get him to realize we need to reserve our next!

Yes, you deserve a vacation and when all is said and done, it probably cost less to go on a cruise then to book a room at the beach for a week! I have finally got my DH admitting to the great value of Carnival cruises, now if I can get him to realize we need to reserve our next!

What you said is correct I want to go o the mountians for a week but the room was the cost of my next cruise and I dont have to pay fo all the food...........I am using my $600.00 tax rebate I get in may to pay for the cruise.....yes I am searching the we for one in 2009....I am addicted also:rolleyes:

I'm also addicted. It's been 4 months and I've been researching! We never can book anything way out, something always comes up and it gets changed. So our M.O. has always been book 60-90 days out and take what we can get a good deal on that we're interested in. DW is starting school next month and will be going 4 days per week until December 2009. I wanted to go this month, but she is doing a girls weekend to Vegas next week...ugh! Maybe DD and I will have to go without her! :eek:

It's tough thing; we'll hook you up with Friends of Bill W - the 12 steps to redeem yourself from Cruise Addiction... you need Cruiseaholics Annonymous.

In the mean time... hang ten dude! We're cruising on Liberty OTS Oct 25th; prices were AWESOME! (D2 under $900)!! :eek: WoW!

and it's a fundraiser too; even cooler.

I too am a member; the founding member of CruiseaholicsAnonymous

I am stumbling on my first steps though...

Hello, my name is Cheryl, and I am a Cruise Addict!!

It has been almost 1 year since my last cruise and I have to admit I booked another one and I am sailing in 21 days!!

I also have to admit that I am already looking at a cruise for next year!!!!

And all it took was 1 cruise to be addicted. AND I LOVE IT!!

And the addiction spreads - we now have our kids and their spouses addicted as well - oh, and also a friend of ours took their first cruise a couple months ago and doing another one in November!! It's totally a dominoe effect!!

AND WE LOVE IT!!

This is a fun post!! Happy Cruisin Everyone!

This year I TRIED to skip a cruise. Really, I did. :( Economy, my husband didn't have vacation time, blah blah....you know the spiel. Then my little cruise friends emailed me an amazing offer...the little devils....and and idea came to me of how I could get my own way, and squelch this cruise jonezing that I'm having. So....I have grabbed my sister and am FORCING her to come with me!

Bye husband, bye kids! See ya next cruise!;)

My name is Sunnie, and I'm a cruiseaholic.

Now, where's the coffee?

We kept booking and booking and booking as the deals came thru and the other day I looked at my countdown clocks and said holy Moses, HOW am I going to pay for these things? Life is short, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and hot dogs are cheap...there was an article YEARS AGO in TV Guide. They asked Dean Martin (if anyone other than me is old enough to remember him!) and the interviewer asked him if he could sum up life in 10 words. He said, "I can do it in half of that....everyone should have FUN."

I've got next year's booked and have spent all day researching for 2010! I need help, I know....but the first step is admitting it, right?? :D

I spent the weekend trying to figure out a cruise for summer 09. I am waiting for pricing on a group cruise or Jan 09, plus I already have one for may and one for june this year. I understand the addiction. I need help, but I don't want it!!! LOL The only help I want is the help paying for it.

Big sigh of relief. I am not alone. We leave next month, we are already booked for December, and I'm now booking for April 2009... I'm going to have to print out this thread for DH so he realizes the only way to attend my support group is to meet up on a cruise :D

I spent the weekend trying to figure out a cruise for summer 09. I am waiting for pricing on a group cruise or Jan 09, plus I already have one for may and one for june this year. I understand the addiction. I need help, but I don't want it!!! LOL The only help I want is the help paying for it.

I just realized the group cruise for 09 I was waiting for pricing on is actually 2010. I don't care I still want to go, but holly molly I NEED an 09 cruise!!!

Archived