Concerned we may be too formal!

Tintown

I have been reading some of the posts in other areas (not under Cruise Fashions and Beauty), and I am now concerned that our evening gear may be too formal for our cruises. My husband has a tux, but that seems to be okay. I have three floor length black (I know boring) dresses, fairly slimline, so I think they will probably be okay too. I was also under the impression that if a man wore a tux, then his partner should wear floor length. My concern lies mainly though with our 11 year old daughter, as I have two floor length gowns for her - one pink and one lilac. They are both satin with a few sparkles. She is happy with them, but I am concered that she may feel overdressed if other young people are not that dressed up, and at that age it could be quite upsetting for her. If I knew how to post pictures I would, but at this stage I don't. Anyway, what do you all think, do most 11 year olds were shorter, and plainer dresses?

You won't be too formal--most will be dressed as you. An 11 year old can go either long gown or party dress--(Little girls don't "do" cocktail dresses!) You can wear a cocktail dress when hubby's wearing a tux--there are no rules about that!

If she likes them then def let her wear them. They sound great and maybe once in a lifetime portrait for your family. She could always change after diiner if she wanted to. But, my vote on Princess would be for her to wear them. Have a great cruise!

Your daughter should be fine. I have an 11 year old granddaughter, when she found out that Carnival had "relaxed" their dress code - she said, "too bad, I already have plans." Her plans are to get at least one long formal gown. She has been checking out the web already for our Jan. 09 cruise. Her mom says she can have one, but maybe not until later this summer. I think it's great when young girls want to get all dressed up!

Archived