opinons please, re sky cabin on mercury

disp4so

I currently have room 1203 booked for a pacific northwest cruise late next year. This is my first time with celebrity and a sky suite.

I would like opinions on which cabins are best. The one I have with the full size balcony. or the ones that are almost as big but have a slight cut off on the left or right side, example room 1215.

I am thinking the one I have now will be a little more private, but the other rooms might offer a better range of view.

another concern is how close we are to the elevator..

would love any input..

Thanks

Sherri :)

Don't worry about the proximity to the elevators. I was in CC 1200 on Mercury and never had an issue. They are "at the end of the corridor and round the corner" rather than right outside. Personally I wouldn't get too hung up on which SS it is. As you say you'll get a slightly wider view and a little less privacy with the cut out balconies, but they are all great up there. 1203 is huge.

Phil

Hi, I was on Sky Deck last month (while on Galaxy). I didn't

have a suite but loved the location nevertheless:)

Quiet and around the corner from the elevators and stairs.

I was able to get the same cabin on Mercury for this

September too:)

Listen to Phil and Karyn:D ...they have both had suites

so they know of what they type;)

We had 1202 (same room but on starboard side) from Auckland to Honolulu last month. The SS rooms are all the same. The balcony on this deck is half covered and half open to the sky. The covered part is usually shady and less windy and very private. The open part is noisier. When I was out by the rail I could hear the band at the pool, some engine noise from the funnel, and announcements on the crew P A system from some machine room up by the funnel. There is a deck above that looks into your open balcony. Not heavily traveled but discourages going out to the rail in your underwear.

When we left Bora Bora they had a dinner barbecue set up around the pool on deck 11. The tables and chairs went quickly and because of ongoing entertainment were not vacated for others to use. We loaded our plates and returned to the room along with 6 of our friends. Our butler immediately found chairs , wine glasses, napkins, and desserts and the 8 of us enjoyed a great dinner on the balcony under the stars. When we were done the whole mess was removed by the butler and steward.

I also liked the fact that the balcony has an open view of the sky. The stars were not available every night but when they were this is a great view. I also take a GPS and this was the best room for getting the satellite reception.

The price of this room is the same as those with smaller balconies. I felt fortunate to have such a perk with no additional cost.

To me the only downside to the 12 floor was I had to put on pants to go out to the rail at 6 am to watch us dock because of the uncertainty as to who might be on the 13th floor.

We had 1202 (same room but on starboard side) from Auckland to Honolulu last month. The SS rooms are all the same. The balcony on this deck is half covered and half open to the sky. The covered part is usually shady and less windy and very private. The open part is noisier. When I was out by the rail I could hear the band at the pool, some engine noise from the funnel, and announcements on the crew P A system from some machine room up by the funnel. There is a deck above that looks into your open balcony. Not heavily traveled but discourages going out to the rail in your underwear.

When we left Bora Bora they had a dinner barbecue set up around the pool on deck 11. The tables and chairs went quickly and because of ongoing entertainment were not vacated for others to use. We loaded our plates and returned to the room along with 6 of our friends. Our butler immediately found chairs , wine glasses, napkins, and desserts and the 8 of us enjoyed a great dinner on the balcony under the stars. When we were done the whole mess was removed by the butler and steward.

I also liked the fact that the balcony has an open view of the sky. The stars were not available every night but when they were this is a great view. I also take a GPS and this was the best room for getting the satellite reception.

The price of this room is the same as those with smaller balconies. I felt fortunate to have such a perk with no additional cost.

To me the only downside to the 12 floor was I had to put on pants to go out to the rail at 6 am to watch us dock because of the uncertainty as to who might be on the 13th floor.

We were on the same cruise as you were, and really enjoyed the Luau. Was your butler Mateus? He was just wonderful. He saw us standing out on deck, looking for a table..brought us a table and chairs, and also a platter of shrimp! It was absolutely the best on-deck Luau we had ever seen on Celebrity. Beautiful evening.

Thanks everyone for your input.. I decided to stay with the full size balcony sky suite but changed to the other side of the ship and a little farther away from the elevators..

Thanks again

Sherri

I currently have room 1203 booked for a pacific northwest cruise late next year. This is my first time with celebrity and a sky suite.

I would like opinions on which cabins are best. The one I have with the full size balcony. or the ones that are almost as big but have a slight cut off on the left or right side, example room 1215.

I am thinking the one I have now will be a little more private, but the other rooms might offer a better range of view.

another concern is how close we are to the elevator..

would love any input..

Thanks

Sherri :)

Any Sky Suite is great on deck 12 We ahve sailed the Mercury twice in the last two years and has the same sky suite 1206 with cut out

We are sailing again in December to Panama Canal and are in suite 8004 (not sky Suite) and again in March 2009 to Hawaii and again booked Sky Suite 1236 with Connecting Stateroom Concierge Suite 1240 We are taking my Doughter and Soninlaw (both on deck 12)

Deck 12 is vary convient to every thing The Mercury is a great ship and easy to Navagate

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

Archived