Celebrity Captains Club

bondy

I wonder if any one knows if Celebrity Captains Club members are recognised on Royal Carribean:) thanks

Select Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic membership, plus:

Behind-the-Scenes Tours

Chardonnay Blending Seminar

Priority Status for Shore Excursion Waitlist

Senior Officer's Cocktail party

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Platinum Level

Plus all Classic Member Benefits spacer.gifElite Member Benefits

Includes all benefits of Classic & Select membership, plus:

Complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool on Galaxy and Mercury

Private Shipboard Departure Lounge with Continental Breakfast

Priority Tender Service

Priority Waitlist for Dining Room Seating

Opportunity to enroll in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society program at the Diamond Level

Plus all Select and Classic Member Benefits

I wonder if any one knows if Celebrity Captains Club members are recognised on Royal Carribean:) thanks

Just a note to mention that you will not be allowed to join C&A until after your first RCL cruise, and therefore, just one of the first timers to RCL. At least we were not allowed to join until after our VOS cruise and we are Select level on Celebrity.

Here is the answer we got from C&A on the same question. We are Elite level on Celebrity.

"While it is true that Royal Caribbean International did acquire Celebrity Cruises, the two lines are operated as separate entities and will continue to have separate identities. As such, there are no plans to merge shipboard programs including past guest recognition programs.

However, starting in January 2005, Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises created an equivalent recognition program for members of our loyalty programs in the top two membership tiers. We do wish to highlight that this is not a merge between the two loyalty programs; therefore, your cruise credits will not be combined between the two cruise lines. We are simply providing a new benefit to our top two membership tiers to ensure that they receive the best benefits possible. As such, Select and Elite members of the Captains Club will be able to join the Crown & Anchor Society as Platinum or Diamond members, respectively.

Please note: Cruise credits earned while sailing onboard Azamara Cruises will be added to your Captain's Club membership

You are enrolled at the Diamond level with zero cruise credits. Your Crown & Anchor Society membership numbers are:"

Hi! I recently booked our first RCI cruise & have cruised X 3 times. When I called to see if those 3 cruises counted for anything with them the lady said not unless you have had 5 or more cruises.:(

~Jo~ :)

Correct - only platinum/Select and above status are recognized on the other line. Platinum=Select and Diamond=Elite.

Just a note to mention that you will not be allowed to join C&A until after your first RCL cruise, and therefore, just one of the first timers to RCL. At least we were not allowed to join until after our VOS cruise and we are Select level on Celebrity.
I don't think this is correct. I was Elite on =X= and RCI [after I requested it] made me Diamond before I had set foot on RCI. I had personalized stationary and a Concierge Lounge key waiting for me in my first RCI [interior promenade] cabin. [Of course six months later they STILL haven't credited me with any cruise under RCI C&A Cruise History. But that's another story.]

I don't think this is correct. I was Elite on =X= and RCI [after I requested it] made me Diamond before I had set foot on RCI. I had personalized stationary and a Concierge Lounge key waiting for me in my first RCI [interior promenade] cabin. [Of course six months later they STILL haven't credited me with any cruise under RCI C&A Cruise History. But that's another story.]

Don't know what happened to sptrout but our experience matches TravelerThom's.

A quick call to Crown and Anchor should set you straight.

One more thing, all cruises do not combine, each line is kept seperate.

Don't know what happened to sptrout but our experience matches TravelerThom's.

A quick call to Crown and Anchor should set you straight.

One more thing, all cruises do not combine, each line is kept seperate.

I guess I got the short end of the stick. I did call C&A about 6 months before my VOS cruise to see if I could join C&A and the person I talked to then said no, not at any level even though I told her that I was "Select" level on Celebrity. I guess I taked to the wrong C&A person that day....

I guess I got the short end of the stick. I did call C&A about 6 months before my VOS cruise to see if I could join C&A and the person I talked to then said no, not at any level even though I told her that I was "Select" level on Celebrity. I guess I taked to the wrong C&A person that day....

Well that sure was a bummer. I guess it's like so many people say, call a couple of times and you'll get another answer.

Wanted to send a surprise Bon Voyage gift to friends and was told I needed their booking number and was told to ask them for it. I said it's a surprise. Was given all sorts of ridiculous things...call their travel agent for one, which I surely didn't know. This person also tried to tell me it was for security reasons.:confused:

Called back, next person said sure we can do that and it was done in 3 minutes.:)

How does it work going the other way from RCCL to Celebrity? I'm Platinum on RCCL and have Celebrity Xpedition booked to Galapagos for next year. Does my RCCL Platinum count for anything on Celebrity?

Yes, you will be the equivalent level on Celebrity. Call the Captain's Club to get the reciprocal status.

1-800-760-0654

How does it work going the other way from RCCL to Celebrity? I'm Platinum on RCCL and have Celebrity Xpedition booked to Galapagos for next year. Does my RCCL Platinum count for anything on Celebrity?

It doesn't on Xpedition - been there last year as RCCL platiunum. Xpedition is operated like an "all inclusive" rather than the standard cruise.

As kyriecat indicated Xpedition operates differently than any other RCI or =X= ship. Since it is all inclusive, there are no OBCs for booking on-board a previous cruise, nor are there RCCL Shareholder credits. Diamond/ Elite status does get you 10% price reduction [good for approximately $300-$500 pp, if you are both Diamond], but no benefit that I know of for Platinum/ Select. If you are close to Diamond decide if that 10% discount is enough of a nudge to take another cruise before Xpedition time.

It doesn't on Xpedition - been there last year as RCCL platiunum. Xpedition is operated like an "all inclusive" rather than the standard cruise.

OOPS...didn't know that. Just goes to show what good info one can get on CC.:)

I have friends that cruised the X many times and were also Elite and they received Diamond status for their first cruise on RCCL. They did not have to wait to do a cruise with RCCL first so I would call again for those that were told differently. We even sailed with people in Dec. that were Elite on X and had full Diamond status on their first RCCL cruise in Dec. :)

As kyriecat indicated Xpedition operates differently than any other RCI or =X= ship. Since it is all inclusive, there are no OBCs for booking on-board a previous cruise, nor are there RCCL Shareholder credits. Diamond/ Elite status does get you 10% price reduction [good for approximately $300-$500 pp, if you are both Diamond], but no benefit that I know of for Platinum/ Select. If you are close to Diamond decide if that 10% discount is enough of a nudge to take another cruise before Xpedition time.

I'm at seven cruises with two more booked in the next 4 months. All the more reason to squeeze another cruise in there! Thanks for the tip.

We're Diamond RCCL, booked for our first X cruise this coming January. Our TA signed us up for our Captain's Club Elite membership when she booked our cruise on Summit. I'm not sure what we'll get out of it, the benefits do not appear to be anywhere near C&A's, guess we'll have a better understanding once we're on that cruise :D

Jodi

Archived