How did you celebrate

crimmper

I will be cruising the NCL Pearl with my DW. On our second day (at sea) my DW will be celebrating her 50th birthday. I know I can have the room deccorated, order a cake and so on.

I'm just looking for additional ideas to make this day a special one (keep it clean folks LOL)

So I guess the question is......how did you celebrate your special occasion on board your ship.

We are traveling with 2 other couples. B-I-L is in an A4 Villa and DW & I are in an AC Penthouse......

Thanks in advance to all who reply..........:D

I not only had RCL decorate the room and ordered a cake but before the cruise I went to a party store and had a banner made to place on the outside of the door for my sister's 61st birthday which fell during our cruise. I got up early that morning and put it on the door. When she walked out for breakfast there it was to surprise her.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=2688

Most banners are made to fit horizonal across a wall. This is the first time this place made a vertical one and I think it came out pretty good.

I not only had RCL decorate the room and ordered a cake but before the cruise I went to a party store and had a banner made to place on the outside of the door for my sister's 61st birthday which fell during our cruise. I got up early that morning and put it on the door. When she walked out for breakfast there it was to surprise her.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/showphoto.php?photo=2688

Most banners are made to fit horizonal across a wall. This is the first time this place made a vertical one and I think it came out pretty good.

Neat idea.

Wow! The cruise itself seems like enough celebration for me!

True & my DW agrees.

• Administrators
I will be cruising the NCL Pearl with my DW. On our second day (at sea) my DW will be celebrating her 50th birthday. I know I can have the room deccorated, order a cake and so on.

I'm just looking for additional ideas to make this day a special one (keep it clean folks LOL)

So I guess the question is......how did you celebrate your special occasion on board your ship.

We are traveling with 2 other couples. B-I-L is in an A4 Villa and DW & I are in an AC Penthouse......

Congratulations on the birthday! I'm facing that one next year -- shhhh! ;)

Since you are on NCL, I highly recommend the Honeymoon/Anniversary Package for all three couples in your party -- http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=WeddingsRomance

This is one of the best bargains at sea. For $79 per couple you get a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries at sailaway, dinner for 2 at Le Bistro (the service charge is $50-60 per couple all by itself) plus a bottle of wine there, attendance at a special cake and champagne party, a photo credit, and canapes delivered to your stateroom one night. If all three couples booked this package you could make your Le Bistro reservation for the birthday night -- and that one includes a cake so you wouldn't have to pay extra to order one of those,either.

Congratulations on the birthday! I'm facing that one next year -- shhhh! ;)

Since you are on NCL, I highly recommend the Honeymoon/Anniversary Package for all three couples in your party -- http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=WeddingsRomance

This is one of the best bargains at sea. For $79 per couple you get a bottle of sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries at sailaway, dinner for 2 at Le Bistro (the service charge is $50-60 per couple all by itself) plus a bottle of wine there, attendance at a special cake and champagne party, a photo credit, and canapes delivered to your stateroom one night. If all three couples booked this package you could make your Le Bistro reservation for the birthday night -- and that one includes a cake so you wouldn't have to pay extra to order one of those,either.

How about a spa treatment for the both of you? The Rasul tx on Royal Caribbean sounds pretty romantic to me!! What a good hubby you are.

I was looking at the spa packages last night on the NCL site. I'm not into the spa thing myself, but figured the DW would enjoy it.

When I celebrated my 49th birthday, my friends, with whom we were sailing, sent me an arrangment of flowers, the staff decorated my door, my husband decorated the bathroom mirror with a birthday cake and other comments that we won't go into here and then that night we went to a specialty restaurant and had a fabulous dinner. Our waiter from the dining room showed up with a cake and to sing happy birthday with the waitress (actually I think he was more there for the waitress than me, but that's okay.

The best part, and it was totally by accident, was getting to spend the day at my anchestral castle in Scotland with our roll call friends. It was a pretty awesome birthday from start to finish.

Nothing says I love you like a cruise...wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

Charlie

Archived