Life is so unfair . . . .

While I am back at the office holding down the fort - and looking out at the cold wet rain (it was was 34 degrees here this morning), my boss is somewhere nice and warm on SD I.

I must have REALLY offended someone because several of my peers are also on SD I . . . something about "production" v. corporate staff (a/k/a overhead) when each and every one of my very gracious offers to serve as a tour guide and/or food taster, sleep in the golf simulator, etc. was politely declined . . .

that means someone is getting MY endless glass of champagne . . . and probably claiming MY chair poolside . . . and having MY eggs benedict every day for breakfast.

just wait, when I win the mega lottery and book my SD cabin for life - I'll show them!!! And I get 11 nights on the fall crossing v. their trivial 5 now . . . but its little comfort as I realize I've parked at the end of the lot and didn't bring an umbrella and think of them on the Bali beds, being waited on hand and foot, and soaking up the sun, air and sea.

green with envy in Greensboro.

Frequent Traveler

P.S. SD crew . . .and Disney Jen (and her DH) please don't tell on me. My boss isn't a CC reader and now is definitely NOT the time for him to start.

While I am back at the office holding down the fort - and looking out at the cold wet rain (it was was 34 degrees here this morning), my boss is somewhere nice and warm on SD I.

I must have REALLY offended someone because several of my peers are also on SD I . . . something about "production" v. corporate staff (a/k/a overhead) when each and every one of my very gracious offers to serve as a tour guide and/or food taster, sleep in the golf simulator, etc. was politely declined . . .

that means someone is getting MY endless glass of champagne . . . and probably claiming MY chair poolside . . . and having MY eggs benedict every day for breakfast.

just wait, when I win the mega lottery and book my SD cabin for life - I'll show them!!! And I get 11 nights on the fall crossing v. their trivial 5 now . . . but its little comfort as I realize I've parked at the end of the lot and didn't bring an umbrella and think of them on the Bali beds, being waited on hand and foot, and soaking up the sun, air and sea.

green with envy in Greensboro.

Frequent Traveler

P.S. SD crew . . .and Disney Jen (and her DH) please don't tell on me. My boss isn't a CC reader and now is definitely NOT the time for him to start.

And I thought you were green since there is so much pollen on everything here right now:D

Seriously, I feel your pain ... DH is driving home in this mess from Virginia ... I hope he doesn't run into any snow:eek:

Look on the bright side ... you have 18 nights on SD in the next 11 months! Compare to some of us who have ZERO nights booked at this point (I know we will work on this when we get together for dinner next month!).

My lips are sealed ... no need for the boss to ruin all of your fun!

there is a bit of justice in the world . . . heard that its cloudy/raining in St. John and folks have actually been working . . . why would anyone work?

its quite enjoyable to sit at the TOYB in the rain with a never empty beverage . . . or have a massage . . . BUT WORK? We hit a few squalls on the crossing last fall but it never drove me to call the office . . . of course not much does when on SD.

still green with envy . . . and pollen

FT

I feel your pain, FT. It is this exact week NEXT YEAR we are next booked on SD. Way too far off. We have the Alaska trip on HAL in August but cant seem to get "SeaDream" excited about HAL. Maybe will be pleasantly surprised. Will just have to have more painkillers while sitting around in SD pajamas and consider myself there. Will join you on a transat one of these days. Stay warm.

J & L.

there is a bit of justice in the world . . . heard that its cloudy/raining in St. John and folks have actually been working . . . why would anyone work?

its quite enjoyable to sit at the TOYB in the rain with a never empty beverage . . . or have a massage . . . BUT WORK? We hit a few squalls on the crossing last fall but it never drove me to call the office . . . of course not much does when on SD.

still green with envy . . . and pollen

FT

We had a fair amount of squalls last month ... and I spent time in the "office" at the TOY Bar but my work was hosting our little group of happy travelers.

DH of course was caught more than once checking his Blackberry ... maybe we should have sent him on the charter this week as it sounds like he would be in good company with all those who feel that they have to work on vacation:p

I hear ya Jim! It's actually cold enough here to wear our SD Jammies:eek:

Archived