Carnival Holiday-very front cabin question

FL Dawg

I was upgraded (I think?) from an interior to the very front oceanview cabin (M1 with 2 portholes). Has anyone ever been in this cabin. The diagram looks like it might be slightly larger than most oceanview cabins, but I am concerned about the rocking motion at this location.

I've been on the Holiday, on the main level, pretty close to the front, but not that close (M19 & M23). We didn't have any issues. From what I've read, it's the cabins more towards the back that have more of the rocking.

Congrats on the upgrade, we had a similar one on Ecstasy. All the insides and OVs are supposed to all be 185 s.f. on Fantasy ships, so they should all be the same size cabins, just you now can see out.

You will feel more motion towards the front or aft and might hear the anchor when its dropped. Think of a teeter toter, the middle is the fulcrum, so both ends tip up and down if you hit waves a certain way. Bring some Bonine just in case and dont worry. We had a high deck, front cabin, so low you should get less motion than we did. the lower the deck the less motion you will feel that far farward. Dont worry, you should be fine. congrats on the upgrade.

I've had M6 w/one porthole on three of my Holiday cruises. I loved that area, and specifically booked the cabin. I don't know about sq.ft. in the cabin, but I will say I experienced no more movement than any other area of the ship.

It's SO nice being far-forward. No noise, no hallway traffic. AND - another perk is I didn't gain any weight - probably due to the long walk to the dining room.:D

IF you have smooth sea's you want have to worry about any thing .I had M6 on my feb 08 cruise on the holiday we ran into a storm the first night out and the sea's were rough but i liked it and like cotton said it is very quiet up front and i lost 2lbs on that cruise so there is somthing to the walking from the front of the ship you will hear the anchor go up and down when you pull into port i just thought how great it was to have a built in alarm clock on port days go and have a great time

I had M8 on Celebration and was aware of more motion thann in other locations. Also could sometimes feel the slap of the waves on the bow. In that cabin also, there was a noise, rather like a vacuum cleaner sound, when the ship was going slower. I first noticed it when we were still in the St. John's river, but it stopped suddenly when we got into the open ocean. I was in my cabin our last sea day and heard the noise start...It tipped me off that we were slowing for some reason, before they came on the intercom to say were were slowing to meet a Coast Guard cutter for a medical emergency. EM

I had M8 on Celebration and was aware of more motion thann in other locations. Also could sometimes feel the slap of the waves on the bow. In that cabin also, there was a noise, rather like a vacuum cleaner sound, when the ship was going slower. I first noticed it when we were still in the St. John's river, but it stopped suddenly when we got into the open ocean. I was in my cabin our last sea day and heard the noise start...It tipped me off that we were slowing for some reason, before they came on the intercom to say were were slowing to meet a Coast Guard cutter for a medical emergency. EM

You might have been hearing the motors on the bow thrusters... They use them at slow speeds to help navigate the ship...

I was upgraded (I think?) from an interior to the very front oceanview cabin (M1 with 2 portholes). Has anyone ever been in this cabin. The diagram looks like it might be slightly larger than most oceanview cabins, but I am concerned about the rocking motion at this location.

Had R2 on the Fascination. Great cabin, BIG. Nothing wrong with it, except for the rumble from the bow thrusters at 6am docking in Key West....

My friend and her DH had this exact room on our trip in September. The room is L shaped and did seem a little larger than the other OV rooms.

They were not bothered by any motion and we had one day that was extremely rough.

I think they really liked this room b/c of the layout (L shaped) and the location (nice and quiet).

Archived