Please give opinions on accessories!

RachieLnnn

Dear fashionistas,

I was wondering if you could help me by giving an opinion on how to best accessorize this dress. It is the same style as shown in the picture, except instead of black and white it is hot pink(or magenta) and white.

I was thinking of wearing it to a semi-formal event and of course on a cruise!

The trouble I'm having is with the hot pink. I have no idea about shoes, jewelry, etc.... Do I go with white, metallic, pink, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have! :D_5564780.jpg

Fantastic dress.

I'd go with a white strappy sandal or peep-toe. For jewelry, something very simple; houndmom is right, you don't want it to fight with the dress. Maybe a smallish locket or pendant on a delicate chain.

Great looking dress!

If you find a pair of hot pink sandals that happens to be the same color, that would be great. But white or silver would be good too.

I disagree with all the recommendations to keep the necklace simple. THE fashion statement that I saw on all the NY and European runway shows is big, bold chunky necklaces and bangles worn with all kinds of prints and necklines. Small will make it look like last year's dress.

A pattern I've noticed on this board is that a simple necklace is always recommended. People say, "oh the neckline is so simple, so keep the necklace simple" or, "oh the neckline/fabric is so bold, keep the necklace simple". LOL!

Wear proportions that suit you, of course, but I'd bring the dress into a store and try it on with lots of big and bold necklaces to see what works. Keep an open mind and you'll find something unexpected and fabulous! Perhaps multi-strands of big white chunky beads or a big geometric silver and white necklace? Then some bold white bangle bracelets if it's not too much together. If you can't carry that much, then choose the necklace or bangles.

Since the dress is so soft and flowy, I tend to think that a peep-toe pump would be to heavy, unless it was a sling-back. Maybe it's just me, but when the weather is warm enough to wear a great dress like that, I'm usually thinking less shoe than more.

If I were you, I would try out gold or bronze strappy heels -- nothing too chunky or with a thick heel. If you plan on wearing your hair up, like the model in the picture, a pair of gold dangly earrings would look nice -- paired with a few gold bangles.

White shoes are just NMS. I'd wear a nude patent leather heel instead.

Good luck with your decision -- the dress is lovely!:)

If I were you, I would try out gold or bronze strappy heels -- nothing too chunky or with a thick heel. If you plan on wearing your hair up, like the model in the picture, a pair of gold dangly earrings would look nice -- paired with a few gold bangles.

White shoes are just NMS. I'd wear a nude patent leather heel instead.

Good luck with your decision -- the dress is lovely!:)

Wow, thanks for all the great replies! I think I may go looking for a gold strappy sandal. I think it would be a good "basic" to have in my wardrobe, right? :D Zappos, here I come!

Then I just need to figure out jewelry. I like the idea of taking the dress in to try things on. Maybe I should just wear the dress to a few stores! LOL.

Also thanks for the compliments on the dress. I found it at Nordstrom rack and it is made by Tadashi. It fits perfectly! I am very excited about it.

Great looking dress!

If you find a pair of hot pink sandals that happens to be the same color, that would be great. But white or silver would be good too.

I disagree with all the recommendations to keep the necklace simple. THE fashion statement that I saw on all the NY and European runway shows is big, bold chunky necklaces and bangles worn with all kinds of prints and necklines. Small will make it look like last year's dress.

A pattern I've noticed on this board is that a simple necklace is always recommended. People say, "oh the neckline is so simple, so keep the necklace simple" or, "oh the neckline/fabric is so bold, keep the necklace simple". LOL!

Wear proportions that suit you, of course, but I'd bring the dress into a store and try it on with lots of big and bold necklaces to see what works. Keep an open mind and you'll find something unexpected and fabulous! Perhaps multi-strands of big white chunky beads or a big geometric silver and white necklace? Then some bold white bangle bracelets if it's not too much together. If you can't carry that much, then choose the necklace or bangles.

Love Jane's ideas.

I think a giant silver hoop earrings would look great with a big giant statement fake ring. A bling clutch is a must.

Jennyvag is totally right! I actually was going to say the exact same thing before I read her comment. I used to not be a fan of gold, I felt it was too "old fashioned" for me (I'm 22 and it's just an opinion). But recently I've really come to enjoy some of the newer interpretations of gold accessories. I think some gold bangles, earings, and nice nude/neutral heels would be perfect for this dress. Hope that helps!:)

By the way, were is the dress from?? So cute! Like I need any more dresses...:rolleyes:

I found it at Nordstrom Rack. They still have it on the Nordstrom website (in black and white, not pink). It is by Tadashi. Since I bought it at the Rack I received a substantial discount... I think I paid around $60... gotta love that store!!! :D

Thanks for the comments. I usually stick with silver, too, since that is the color of my wedding and engagement ring (white gold)... but I think a light gold may work better with the pink.

Actually, silver would probably be ok, too... hence my confusion! :p

I'm going for a more dressy look, so I might stick with metallics instead of white. I have tried on tan or nude colored heels, and they looked awful with my skin tone. Too matchy, but not quite. I didn't care for them (on me) but think they are a great basic for a lot of other people...

What about something like this will silver shoes?

Meant to say WITH silver shoes, but didn't see it in time to edit. Also, I did a search on zappos for dress sandals - silver, tons of options come up but not sure of your heel height preference etc. but there are alot of choices.

Just wanted to let you know I don't shop there. I'm not into the western wear type thing (nothing wrong with it for those who are, it's just not me:) ) and it seems to be out of place with all the types of things they offer, but I just did a google search and it came up and was exactly what I pictured with that dress. And your strappy silver sandals would be perfect.

Just wanted to clarify that, I didn't want you ladies thinking I shopped for cowboy boots!:eek: Again, just a disclaimer, nothing wrong with that, just not me.:D

HOLY MOLY:eek: I just checked the Nordstrom website and you're not kidding when you said you got a substantial discount!! Good for you! I'm very jealous. I don't think I live near a Norstrom Rack store (I go to college in the middle of freaking nowhere) and it's probably better that I don't with clothes/discounts like that. Again, great dress; I'm sure you'll look wonderful:)

Archived