sailing on PG 7-05-08

goblue57

Request advice regarding the availability and price of non-Regent shore excursions/lagoon sailing trips on the different islands that we will be stopping at. We are non scuba people who would enjoy a catamaran sail or snorkeling in the island lagoons. Is cash or travellers checks the preferred payment option? This is our first post so please bear with us.

2007 Voyager

2004 Navigator

1963 Statendam

Hi. Firstly, congrats on your upcoming trip, you will have a great time.

What's your itinerary? I've only done the 7-day Societies itinerary, and we have always just done the ship's excursions. In general I've found, at least in the past, that pricing was comparable to private. That may not be true if you're going to the Cook's, for example.

There are lots of great snorkeling excursions, plus the included day at Motu Mahana, and free beach afternoons when in Bora Bora. I'm sure everybody will tell you their favourites.

I've not done a catamaran sail, but we did a sunset sail in Moorea some years back and it was lovely. My husband did a very nice sail on Raiatea as well, and got to sail the boat for a while.

The 7/5 sailing is 11 nights with a stop in Rangiroa and two of the Marquesas plus two at-sea days. I've not yet been to the Marquesas, but I understand that there are only a couple of options there.

I too am not a strong swimmer, but I did enjoy the waverunners (I think we have usually done this at Moorea). There are also some shallow water snorkeling opportunites. DO NOT miss the free day at Motu Mahana.

As Wendy says the sailing options are fun and I hear the submarine is also fun (but I have yet to try it...maybe this time).

Anyway...there is a lot to do even if you don't dive.

Ia Orana

PS: Join us at the 7/5 roll call thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=730934)

Hi. Firstly, congrats on your upcoming trip, you will have a great time.

What's your itinerary? I've only done the 7-day Societies itinerary, and we have always just done the ship's excursions. In general I've found, at least in the past, that pricing was comparable to private. That may not be true if you're going to the Cook's, for example.

There are lots of great snorkeling excursions, plus the included day at Motu Mahana, and free beach afternoons when in Bora Bora. I'm sure everybody will tell you their favourites.

I've not done a catamaran sail, but we did a sunset sail in Moorea some years back and it was lovely. My husband did a very nice sail on Raiatea as well, and got to sail the boat for a while.

Wendy, could you explain a little about the Moto Mahana and the Free Beach afternoon? We're starting to look at excursions and plan our trip and would be interested in what's included at no charge before we spend money.

Thanks

Archived