Just Back from the Cherry Blossom Cruise

Hey, Aussie Kingpin,

I followed the web cam every day to check out where you were. The 6 weeks flew by. Glad you had a good time.

You do know that we all expect a detailed cruise review and photos, don't you? :D

So get busy. Never mind hugging the pets and phoning loved ones. Get stuck into that report. :p

It must be nice to be home.

Great Crew, ship not suited to such a long cruise but I didn't have a bad time.

More later.

I embarked the ship from the Brisbane to Sydney - had a great time. The entertainment was amazing, the crew was amazing, I love Pacific Sun.

More later.

Am very keen to know how this was as I really want to do it on the dawn princess.. There is no way i could have spent all that time on the sun.. anyway were all the ports ok.. was it too long would ya do it again where are your priorities...... cc is waiting...:D

Icy

Am very keen to know how this was as I really want to do it on the dawn princess.. There is no way i could have spent all that time on the sun.. anyway were all the ports ok.. was it too long would ya do it again where are your priorities...... cc is waiting...:D

Icy

Overall the port choice was great. Shanghai wasn't the greatest due to heavy pollution. I would do the cruise again but not on the Pacific Sun. The Dawn would be a much better ship.

Sunday Tele in Sydney today reported that several pax got off Pac Sun with Flu, was there a big issue with it?

A lot of people came down sick on board with colds and influenza, myself included. Rumours on the ship were that several people died, but I do not know if this was true or not.

Several people were disembarked due to medical issues, including one in Rabaul who was in a critical condition and required many blood donations from other passengers and crew. He was operated on and Medivac'd to Australia.

Sunday Tele in Sydney today reported that several pax got off Pac Sun with Flu, was there a big issue with it?

A lot of people came down sick on board with colds and influenza, myself included. Rumours on the ship were that several people died, but I do not know if this was true or not.

Several people were disembarked due to medical issues, including one in Rabaul who was in a critical condition and required many blood donations from other passengers and crew. He was operated on and Medivac'd to Australia.

Hope you are over the flu! We are all getting flu shots next week to try and reduce the chance of getting it on our cruise. I take it the person that needed the blood was crew and had an accident? Be very very rare for a passenger to need blood, beside a nasty accident?

Kingpin, what was your favorite part or parts of the cruise and the favorite parts{i.e food,entertainment etc etc} of the ship?

thanks

Mick

Hope you are over the flu! We are all getting flu shots next week to try and reduce the chance of getting it on our cruise. I take it the person that needed the blood was crew and had an accident? Be very very rare for a passenger to need blood, beside a nasty accident?

Kingpin, what was your favorite part or parts of the cruise and the favorite parts{i.e food,entertainment etc etc} of the ship?

thanks

Mick

The person in need of blood was a 54 year old passenger. Rumour has it the problem was a ruptured liver, but I had also heard of other rumours so I can't say for sure what the problem was. All the Captain told us was that the situation was critical.

BTW, they ran the ship up to full speed and we arrived in Rabaul over 6 hours early.

Apart from the destinations, it is hard to say what my favorite was. I enjoyed most of the shows, the food was good (my increased waistline can attest to that!). I also enjoyed just sitting around reading a book and most of the lectures, especially those by the Carnival Historian, Rob Henderson. He did 14 or so talks on ship and company history. They were fascinating.

My least favorite thing was Smugglers bar. They had some great music in there but smokers spoiled it.

The person in need of blood was a 54 year old passenger. Rumour has it the problem was a ruptured liver, but I had also heard of other rumours so I can't say for sure what the problem was. All the Captain told us was that the situation was critical.

BTW, they ran the ship up to full speed and we arrived in Rabaul over 6 hours early.

Apart from the destinations, it is hard to say what my favorite was. I enjoyed most of the shows, the food was good (my increased waistline can attest to that!). I also enjoyed just sitting around reading a book and most of the lectures, especially those by the Carnival Historian, Rob Henderson. He did 14 or so talks on ship and company history. They were fascinating.

My least favorite thing was Smugglers bar. They had some great music in there but smokers spoiled it.

Thanks kingpin,

Ruptured liver is very major!

Thanks for your favorites an not favorites! I will be on the PS end of july and it is great to get first hand experience of the ship, especially after such a long cruise!

Thank you

mick

More later.

Yes, I wondered whether Pacific Sun would turn out to be suitable for an extended cruise, something she was never built for. I think it would have been a similar problem with Pacific Star if she'd stayed around long enough to do the cruise as had originally been planned.

Hi Aussie Kingpin

What were the other roumers you heard?

Please tell us more about your trip.

I too was following you via cruisecam.

We would love for you to tell us more!!! :)

Plenty of rumours, mainly about who is sleeping with who. Other rumours included ones like the Pacific Sun has been sold, that it would be scrapped and that most of the officers are gay.

Then there was the one about how poor old Demo (Cruise Director) had quit the job because he couldn't handle it. In reality, he had a couple of days off with the flu.

The full story will be told soon. I have started writing a web site about the cruise. I have over 5,000 photos to sort through, too. ;-)

In the mean time, here is the web site for last year's cruise that we did on the Aurora:-

http://www.auroracruise.bravehost.com/

The full story will be told soon. I have started writing a web site about the cruise. I have over 5,000 photos to sort through, too. ;-)

In the mean time, here is the web site for last year's cruise that we did on the Aurora:-

http://www.auroracruise.bravehost.com/

Have just had a quick look at your great Aurora cruise website and am looking very much forward to the one about your Cherry Blossom trip, especially as we have booked the 2009 version on the Dawn Princess.

Icy

We are booked for DP to do Cherry Blossom next March 09, I would love to see some reviews of the ports and excursions to help me plan....where are all of you that did it this year? Come on, get your experiences on paper

Have just had a quick look at your great Aurora cruise website and am looking very much forward to the one about your Cherry Blossom trip, especially as we have booked the 2009 version on the Dawn Princess.

Hi we will see you on board....are you on the roll call yet?:D

Archived