Kids at Paradise Beach?

mom23gr8kids

I've asked this over on the POC board but thought I might get good answers here since it regards the kiddos.

Forgive the C&P, please:

We are sailing the Carnival Conquest in June. It is fast approaching so I trying to get a plan of exactly what we want to do and to make sure that these things will work for everyone, etc.

I've read alot about Paradise Beach on here. I've even visited their website. My kids were inlove with all the water toys they offer. We are thinking that PB is really the way we would like to go for Cozumel but I am curious with the ages of my children if they will realistically be able to utilize the water toys.

I have 3 girls. They will be 9, 6, and 4 in June. So what do you think? I know my 9 year old would have a great time but I'm more worried about the younger ones. Those of you who have BTDT, are they too little to enjoy this fully?

TIA

Rhonda

We've been to PB several times with the kids and have had so-so luck with the water toys. My DS (now 7) was finally able to climb the water iceberg on our last trip. Previously we wasn't strong enough to pull himself up out of the water. He has been able to use the water tramp the past few trips. When he was younger, we would have to lift him up onto the ladder than went up the outside of the tramp because (again) he just wasn't able to pull himself out o the water and up over the edge.

With the water tramp you also have to watch to see what size kids are using it. When a large group of "older" kids is jumping on it, I don't let him on it because he will get in their way and most likely get bounced off.

My DD (now 5) has yet to use any of the water toys as she isn't as adventurous as her brother. She's also be too small/weak.

How strong are your kids? The 4 year old might not be big enough to play yet, but the other two would probably be OK.

CeleBrat

The younger ones might be too young to use the water toys without help, but they should still have a great time. Sand and water--kids that age don't need much more. We had kids 3,4,5 & 5 there a few years ago; none of them used any water toys, but they had a fantastic time just playing in the sand and water. The nine-year-old will be better able to use the water tramp, etc., but it's not really all that exciting, especially if she's by herself, and it can be overtaken by older kids, as posted previously.

We enjoyed our day at Paradis Beach very much.

I agree with the previous posters - PB is great at any age. Fun will still be had by all, even if the iceberg and water trampoline are not used. It's a great beach for kids, as there aren't waves to knock them off their feet, and the water stays shallow for a while.

Enjoy your time in Cozumel! :)

We took our then 2 1/2 yo and 4 yo to PB last summer. We planned on just playing in the sand, having some lunch and wading in the water. BUT....DD and DS saw those tramps out there and had to play. We put life jackets on them and DH and I 'swam' out there with the kids on a float. We had to help them up but once on, they had a blast. DH and I would take turns jumping off into the water making a big splash, they thought that was the funniest :-). We went back and forth a few times with them. We didn't try the iceberg, but we also paddled them around on the kayaks.

We'll be back again this summer.

Archived