Can we drink the water on the ship?

hulamoon

On modern ships, which most major cruise lines have, the water is actually cleaner than most public utilities... Just be prepared for very soft water; it takes forever to rinse off if you end up using the same amount of shampoo/soap as you do at home.

Water on the ships of mainstream cruise lines is of the highest standards, you will have no problems at all. Because my wife's system has trouble adjusting from one water to another we do bring along some bottled water for her but it is certainly not because of the purity of the ship's water.

sure hope so since we often do...we have never had an issue, and are pretty confident in the ship's filtration systems

As a 30 year resident of the San Diego area, I can certainly attest that the water on board ship certainly tastes better than what comes out of my tap! :)

The water and ice in the pitcher are very good. The tap water is OK to drink, but not cold. I hate tepid water to drink or brush teeth, so I use the pitcher water at all times. When I go to bed I pour a glass of ice and leave it on the counter so when I get up to use the bathroom I can have a nice cool drink.

The only time I use the tap water is to refill a water bottle and leave it to cool overnight in the fridge to take on an excursion.

I am cruising this May in the Med. Can we drink the water/ice on board the ship, and brush teeth with the water from the tap?:(

The tap water on the Mariner of the Seas last month was better than our own tap water at home in Los Angeles.

Archived