Fuel Surcharge Refund

Jimjam

Has anyone received the refund for the fuel surcharge as yet?? I received an e-maill from Holland America saying we would get the refund but did not say when! We booked prior to November and sailed on March 24th..

Our refund from RCL was on our credit card also last month. check your card out that you used for the cruise, it should be on there. From what everyone has said, they don't tell you exact time when it will appear.

HAL would not give us the refund even though they have had our deposit and money for insurance since last July. When we transfered to a outside TA last month our booking number was changed. So, they are looking at it as a new booking in regards to the fuel surcharge but as an old booking including book onboard credits from July 07 and their own insurance.

The TA made several calls and the best they would do was 50% as OBC. We still have not made final payment.

Thanks everyone, Glad to hear many have already received the refund for sailings up to March 22nd..We sailed on March 24th so hope it will be coming soon..I check my credit card on the internet every couple of days so I assume it will pop up soon.

Got my refund for the "Yummer Cruise" on my credit card bill last week. It was only $35.00 but, hey, that's another $35.00 in savings for my next HAL cruise.;)

Valerie:)

Nothing here yet. I received the email from HAL but it hasn't shown up on my credit card yet. I was on the "Yummer Cruise". Sorry to thread hijack, but Valerie, I have sent you a few emails and have not heard back. Have you not received them or are you just ignoring me ;)?.

Marie

Sailing May 18th, booked in October. Called HAL asking about refund for fuel surcharge and they stated it would be applied as shipboard credit. Called yesterday and checked, and the agent confirmed a $70 credit on all of our cabins.

Sorry, I am sure this has been answered---but I cannot find the original posting. I booked late October for a July sailing on the Westerdam. I just made my final payment for the cruise, and my TA was going to check on the fuel surcharge. Just received my packet saying I am paid in full, and the fuel surcharge is still there. My TA is out of town for a week. And I like to find things out and tell her. So what is the scoop? How do I find out if there is a on-board credit or not?

Thanks

I booked late October for a July sailing on the Westerdam. ... So what is the scoop?

Based on the info HAL provided, you should be expecting a refund of the fuel surcharge to appear on your credit card.

Like you, I was paying my final amount for a July cruise just about the time all this was going down. I was in the timeframe where the final bill was supposed to be adjusted downward, but there wasn't time to make that adjustment before that payment was due.

My TA followed up for me and let me know.

Archived