Sweet Sixteen for Transatlantic?

chuly

Hi, Has any one been on a sweet sixteen cabin on a transatlantic? Was there a lot of movement in those cabins? Were the cabins very small? We are thinking of booking several cabins for a transatlantic and not everyone wants to pay for a CC cabin. There are several sweet 16 cabins available. Please share your experiences with us. Thanks:)

While we didn't have one on a transatlantic, we have been in a 'sweet 16' cabin while sailing through moderately choppy seas (around a hurricane) and found the motion not to be an issue. Yes, these cabins are a good ways forward, and you will get some pitching from the bow. Guess it just depends on how much motion you prefer (or not). The cabin itself is of a standard size, though of course the extra space on the balcony is a plus. The savings can be considerable over a CC, as you say... though if that were an aft CC, the equation might get tighter.

What is a Sweet 16 Cabin? Thanks!

On the Millennium-class ships, there are 16 cabins on Deck 6 -- the forward-most eight balcony cabins on either side -- with larger balconies.

While we didn't have one on a transatlantic, we have been in a 'sweet 16' cabin while sailing through moderately choppy seas (around a hurricane) and found the motion not to be an issue. Yes, these cabins are a good ways forward, and you will get some pitching from the bow. Guess it just depends on how much motion you prefer (or not). The cabin itself is of a standard size, though of course the extra space on the balcony is a plus. The savings can be considerable over a CC, as you say... though if that were an aft CC, the equation might get tighter.

Thank you! I'll share the information with my friends.

A friend of mine had 6025 on a Constellation Transatlantic last year and when the seas were fairly rough, as they were for part of the trip across from Ireland to New Foundland, there was quite a bit movement. Being near the front there was what I can best describe as a thump as the ship hit the larger waves. In addition there was a lot of spray that soaked the balcony as the waves break just below those cabins. When it smoothed out it was fine, but be aware that if the Atlantic bites, you probably won't want to venture out on the veranda and if sensitive to motion sickness, it's not the best place to be.

Surely, would be easier for people not to presume that everyone will know what they talking about?!

A search of these boards using key words "sweet sixteen" will bring up a plethora of threads on the subject.

Phil

A friend of mine had 6025 on a Constellation Transatlantic last year and when the seas were fairly rough, as they were for part of the trip across from Ireland to New Foundland, there was quite a bit movement. Being near the front there was what I can best describe as a thump as the ship hit the larger waves. In addition there was a lot of spray that soaked the balcony as the waves break just below those cabins. When it smoothed out it was fine, but be aware that if the Atlantic bites, you probably won't want to venture out on the veranda and if sensitive to motion sickness, it's not the best place to be.

A search of these boards using key words "sweet sixteen" will bring up a plethora of threads on the subject.

Phil

Thanks a lot for your information, I'll pass it on to my friends.

I'm not sure why someone has to search to get answer when they ask a straight forward question pretaining to the on going thread.

I think its VERY rude to continue to discuss a coded subject while serveral people have asked what you're refering to, as far as I'm concerned if you don't have the courtesy to answer the simple question, then I could care less about what a "sweet 16" cabin is or the people here discussing it.

Enjoy yourselves....

Srpilo

I think its VERY rude to continue to discuss a coded subject while serveral people have asked what you're refering to, as far as I'm concerned if you don't have the courtesy to answer the simple question, then I could care less about what a "sweet 16" cabin is or the people here discussing it.

Srpilo, before jumping, you might want to scroll up and read my reply (#4) which answers this question.

I'm not sure why someone has to search to get answer when they ask a straight forward question pretaining to the on going thread.

Enjoy yourselves....

Srpilo

srpilo, inevitably there well be some terminology here that people aren't familiar with. It's one of the things that happens with message boards. Using the search function brings up lots of information on a particular subject rather than relying on one piece given out. For instance, a search of the threads will additionally bring up pictures posted by others. YOW answered the question. I was trying to be helpful with a bit more information, not rude. Apologies if it appeared to be the latter.

Phil

Chuly, we had one of these cabins on a Baltic cruise. We hit rough seas one night in the North Sea. The spray certainly covered the level 6 balcony and the motion in the cabin was enough to keep us awake most of the night. It was as bad as some of the worse crossings we have done Uk-Ireland, UK-France and UK-Holland in much smaller ships. The next morning nearly all the bottles in the duty free had fallen off the shelves and broken. However, the balcony was very pleasant.

KPoppa - Never be afraid to ask, I'm sure that most won't bite you! See above answers in regards to using the Search Function.

Joanne - From what you say about having one of your worst crossings in one of these cabins, I think I'll stay clear of them! :D

Ryan

Chuly, we had one of these cabins on a Baltic cruise. We hit rough seas one night in the North Sea. The spray certainly covered the level 6 balcony and the motion in the cabin was enough to keep us awake most of the night. It was as bad as some of the worse crossings we have done Uk-Ireland, UK-France and UK-Holland in much smaller ships. The next morning nearly all the bottles in the duty free had fallen off the shelves and broken. However, the balcony was very pleasant.

Thank you for your comments. We decided to book a CC cabin instead.

:)

Archived