ss United states d room vs. any Regent d room

garardo

We are trying to get a feel for the quality of the dinning on Regent. We compleatly enjoy the ss United States d room on the Infinity (We ate there 13 of 14 nights on our last cruise) What can we expect on Regent?

Garardo

Just off Regent Mariner last week and Celebrity Constellation last fall.

Regent was about the same service and quality of food in their Main restaurant Compass Rose. Signatures was better then Celebrity speciality restaurants.

Best part on Regent was the all inclusive wine and drinks and no additional charge for any restaurant.

I have eaten many times in both and I, honestly, there is no venue on a Regent ship that is as refined and elegant esthetically as the United States/Olympic, etc. Celebrity specialty restaurants. In fact, I know of no restaurants at sea which are nicer, IMO.

You can have fine service on both, but I have found that with repeated dining in the United States, etc. restaurants you receive better service and many off the menu items. Tableside service is the norm as is a cheese cart to die for. Most of my meals, but not all, were as good or better than on Regent.

Signatures is nice and I have dined there a number of times, but I felt it was not quite the hyped Cordon Bleu experience posed. It is quite enjoyable though.

It's so hard to make comparisons when there are changes in staff, etc. In 1994 I had the best dining experience of my life on the PG. After changes in 1995, the quality, venues, etc. have changed dramatically. Signatures on the Voyager in 2006 was impeccable - however, I would not presume to know what it is today. I agree with Host Dan -- most venues are exceptional!

Didn't see that as a comparison -- was agreeing with the Signatures Cordon Bleu experience and making the point that things change. For instance, reviews on the Navigator's new chef are extremely high -- last month food reviews were uneven -- a positive change! We have cruised on non-luxury ships -- do not bring it up because comparisons of the late 80's/'90's and 2008 just do not seem relevant. :cool:

of your expriences and different opinions.

My wife and I had one of the most excellant dinning expriences last year in the specialty restaurant on board Celebrity (Connie). The steaks were beyond words and had the best and most complete collection of cheeses I have seen (on water). Our "exprience" from begining to end was almost 3 hours.

Recently we had a very nice dinner at Signatures and Lattiudes. We were both very satified with the food however it missing the interpersonal touch.

Best Regards,

Hal

As Hal mentioned, the concept dining generally requires more than high quality food. The polished service with flair provided in the Celebrity specialty restaurants is really worth experiencing.

So that those unfamiliar know to what levels this non-luxury line will go:

On my last sailing we had been eating there I think four times. My children really wanted to try the soufflé we had been raving about, so we asked if we could take ours (we were full anyway) to our suite. Shockingly, they refused and said it could not be done.

HOWEVER, about 15 minutes later I saw one waiter quickly walk out and 2 minutes later another followed with two soufflés and cream. What had happened was the first waiter grabbed the elevator and then they literally ran the soufflés up to our suite before they could fall and put the full show on for my children...in the suite...in their pajamas.

Oh, yes, they also brought two more out for us...as they told us what they had just done.

Archived