Single Malts On Regent

ORV

All this champagne talk has got me to thinking about my drink of choice.

Anyone know what the PG is currently stocking in Single Malt Scotch? Thanks.

I am not a scotch officiando so I am not sure. They did have several scothes on the "menu" at the bar. I think there were a couple of single malts but am not sure. Can you give me a name or two and maybe the few brain cells I have left after so many martinis and JD on the rocks will kick in.

We are not Scotch drinkers, but did take note that there was a pretty good selection of them (esp. for such a small ship). I saw Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, Johnny Walker and Macallan for sure, plus others. If you don't see your favorite brand, just ask Kurt, the bar manager from Austria (usually wears a burgundy jacket). He does an unbelievable job with those bars.

I too am a single-malt Scotch drinker, and they didn't have anything particulary interesting on the PG. There were way more options on Voyager. As I recall, PG had the basics - Glenfiddich 12 and McCallan 10, which is what you'll find at most bars that have single malt Scotch. I brought on a bottle of Balvenie.

This was about 16 mo. ago, tho, so who knows maybe things have changed.

The PG is different and it is so hard...and expensive...to stock a ship in the middle of the Pacific, so keep your expectations in check. When we ere on last summer, the chef explained it was less expensive for Regent to fly watermelons in from Hawaii then to purchase them locally. Expand that to super-premium liquors of various sorts...if they are even available when needed...and all of the other possible "needs". If all of them were met, the cost of a cruise on the PG could skyrocket.

I love my single malts...but after experiencing it, I love the PG more and, just as some would forgo a balcony to cruise her more, I would readily forego a better whiskey for a few days to do the same.

Hey, I'd rather pack the bottle of Balvenie than see the prices go up any more! I only really drink Scotch as a nightcap, or sometimes sip it when getting ready for dinner, so I mostly only drink it in my cabin anyway.

On Voyager I got a bottle of Oban 14 as my in-cabin bottle (this was before they went all-inclusive). That was great! But I'm sure it's a lot easier to stock up on that in Europe than in FP.

Oban 14 is better than what Silversea served or put in your room. I'd be very happy with that. I do love Balvenie also, the older the better of course.

On the PG I'm just hoping for some Glenlevit or Macallan, maybe some Glenmorangie or Abelour. Nothing too exotic, just decent scotch. I really can't abide Glenfiddich unless it has some age on it.

Thanks to all for the replies. Of course during the day I'm more of a foo-foo drinker, I do enjoy my alcoholic desserts. I'm pretty sure I won't want for a good drink on our trip.

Glennfiddich is on board, so no problem.

Perhaps you misunderstood me. Glenfiddich 12 is pretty much bitter swill, the 15, 18, and older is drinkable, but many better at those price points. Of course the cost of scotch is going through the roof lately.

I told the guy working at the liquor store the other day that it's getting too expensive to be a drunk,he looked at me like I was crazy, of course I'm used to that.

I'm certainly hoping that they have at least something better than Glenfiddich

I didn't see any Glenfiddich 18 on board when I was on the PG...but again, that was 16 mo. ago. All I recall seeing was Glenfiddich 12 Reserve and McCallan 10.

They must have upgraded their bar now that they went all-inclusive. I'm assuming there was a charge for the Glenfiddich 18?

I am NOT a lush! :mad: I am a person who enjoys both historically and culturally diverse beverages as an integral aspect of my embracing the extraordinary diversity of our world.:) :rolleyes:

Yeah yeah...what he said! Me too!:D

Hello...

My husband really likes his Oban pre-dinner and I'm wondering if there's any problem bringing a small flask on board?

We recently cruised Azamara and I believe the penalty was immediate debarkation for anyone caught bringing any type of alcohol aboard.

If it's a problem, he'll make do with whatever they have available; it looks like they have a few acceptable choices.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Happy sailing!

murphysmum;)

I have a simplerer plan whenever I see water I have a drink why do you think we get a balcony suite! Typical day, open eyes see water have a bloody mary, then it's time for expresso with baileys (beats cream & sugar). Then we do our exercise walk to breakfast. Once again there's a water views

either champagne mimosa or another bloody mary with breakfast. Then we go do an excursion where undoubtably there will be water so a local beer will be the custom. Back on the ship for lunch, overwater, so it's time for another beer or a glass of wine. Then it's off to the pool to relax with a foo foo drink enjoying the water view. Then NAP TIME!! Wake up, take a shower, you guessed it water again, so now it's time for our before dinner drink on the balcony enjoying the water view. Whoops, it's time to go to dinner and of course we go early enough so we can have a sunset & water view. So now it's time for a good bottle of wine!! Eat, enjoy now dessert and a nice glass of port to go with it. Then it's time to exercise our way to the piano bar or disco bar (if we want to go that far) to have either another glass of port or cognac. Life's good on the water!!!!

I have a simplerer plan whenever I see water I have a drink why do you think we get a balcony suite! Typical day, open eyes see water have a bloody mary, then it's time for expresso with baileys (beats cream & sugar). Then we do our exercise walk to breakfast. Once again there's a water views

either champagne mimosa or another bloody mary with breakfast. Then we go do an excursion where undoubtably there will be water so a local beer will be the custom. Back on the ship for lunch, overwater, so it's time for another beer or a glass of wine. Then it's off to the pool to relax with a foo foo drink enjoying the water view. Then NAP TIME!! Wake up, take a shower, you guessed it water again, so now it's time for our before dinner drink on the balcony enjoying the water view. Whoops, it's time to go to dinner and of course we go early enough so we can have a sunset & water view. So now it's time for a good bottle of wine!! Eat, enjoy now dessert and a nice glass of port to go with it. Then it's time to exercise our way to the piano bar or disco bar (if we want to go that far) to have either another glass of port or cognac. Life's good on the water!!!!

Hey, make sure you leave a little( ok, maybe a lot) for our Aug trip.

Hey, make sure you leave a little( ok, maybe a lot) for our Aug trip.

There should be plenty for you by then.

Last time we did a 2 week cruise and they ran out, so this time we're doing a back to back so they'll resupply, ha ha.

You know what our favorite drink is, don't you? THE NEXT ONE!!!!

Archived