Feel bad to be at the last of the ship

oavcech95

You don't want raw ginger. Candied ginger is good. If you can find something called BONINE or meclazine in your pharmacias you can start your kids, and yourself, on it the day before you set sail. Follow directions on the package.

On our last cruise - my wife got nauseous from the bus ride to Appleton Plantation in Montego Bay. Our tour guide took her to the coffee and tea bar and got her a ginger tea. 20 min later she was fine. She convinced the bar tender to sell her ( actully he gave her) the last 4 tea bags in the box and she drank it every day and felt great. Oh we found ginger tea at the shop in the waiting area in Mobay and bought 2 boxes for $2.50 each.

Wife recently had back surgery and used the ginger tea to calm the tummy from the anesthesia

Hi...this has nothing to do with topic...just wanted to wish your wife well with her recovery from back surgery. Today is 2 months since my back surgery and all I have been doing for the last 2 months is plan an 11 day cruise on the Constellation Jan 2009...can't wait!

When I was a kid, my Mom used to make us ginger tea when we had upset tummies. She used a teaspoon of ground ginger, right off the spice rack, to one cup of hot water and added a bit of honey for sweetness.

Great drink!!! Also, ladies, a big help for those monthly cramps.

On the QE2, there is huge bowl of candied ginger at the exit of the dining room. Great aid to digestion. Wish more cruise lines did that.

love

joan

On the QE2, there is huge bowl of candied ginger at the exit of the dining room. Great aid to digestion. Wish more cruise lines did that.

The Sea Princess had candied ginger on the buffet with the dried fruits platter and Galaxy had ginger ( i think its pickled) on the afternoon sushi bar ;)

I get very seasick. On HAL they would give out Sea Calm (like dramamine). I took it on days we were at sea. The dramamine you buy at the drugstore seems to make me sleepy and (honestly) hateful, but this didn't. I would assume Celebrity would also have some kind of motion sickness pill for passengers.

No drugstore...you can get some medications at the pursers desk...maybe some of my fellow cruisers can say if they actually do that anymore....I got it on my first cruise back in 1995. They may sell it in the gift shops...but depending on when you cruise the gifts shops may not be open for the first night. You are better off to buy it ahead and take BEFORE you get on the ship...but definately BEFORE you sail. I took Dramamine my first cruise because I was afraid....but I hardly felt it at all!

If you are in 9199 or 9160 you are in the back of the ship. They are the best cabins to have. 9009 is in the front...also nice to have. I don't believe that has a balcony...but you are better off without one if you really get sick.

Happy cruising...you will have a good time. You don't spend that much time in your cabin anyhow!

No drugstore...you can get some medications at the pursers desk...maybe some of my fellow cruisers can say if they actually do that anymore....I got it on my first cruise back in 1995. They may sell it in the gift shops...but depending on when you cruise the gifts shops may not be open for the first night. You are better off to buy it ahead and take BEFORE you get on the ship...but definately BEFORE you sail. I took Dramamine my first cruise because I was afraid....but I hardly felt it at all!

If you are in 9199 or 9160 you are in the back of the ship. They are the best cabins to have. 9009 is in the front...also nice to have. I don't believe that has a balcony...but you are better off without one if you really get sick.

Happy cruising...you will have a good time. You don't spend that much time in your cabin anyhow!

It´s better to don´t have balcony?

It´s better to don´t have balcony?

Hi I was thinking if I´m going to feel bad or like to cvomit because my room is located at the back of the ship in a Infinity. My room number is 9009(something like that) in the Sky Deck. So please help;) :eek:

If you mean an aft cabin, I cannot believe you think you might get sick back there? We have had an aft stateroom on our last 4 cruises. Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival. They are the best and usually the most popular staterooms on the ships. We have NEVER felt any movement back there, in fact we went through one area where the seas were quite rough and were glad to get back to our stateroom because it was better back there.

Each to their own, but we both think you will love it.

What I find strange is the everyone here seems to take this post seriously...but to me reading through all OP posts....they seem to be very much "tongue in cheek" and a spoof...don't you think????:D Come clean now...everyone re-read and tell me it's not a put on!

:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek: What???:confused: :eek:

You really had them all being SOOOO helpful. Sorry thought it was what it was from the beginning and couldn't believe so many....oh well was fun reading!!!

Hi:) , I thought the OP was sincere but maybe has a language

difference and wasn't sure how to word some of her questions.

But you are correct, everyone is trying to help, nice thing:)

What I find strange is the everyone here seems to take this post seriously...but to me reading through all OP posts....they seem to be very much "tongue in cheek" and a spoof...don't you think????:D Come clean now...everyone re-read and tell me it's not a put on!

No' date=' I don't think it's a put-on at all. If you would take the time to look at a few of the poster's questions on other threads, you would see that this is someone whose first language is not English, and who, as a new cruiser to Celebrity, is looking for as much information as possible.

I am pleased to see that most of the replies have been gracious, and have tried to help the OP as much as possible.

To [b']oavcech95[/b], I hope you will continue to post your questions here on the Celebrity board, as there are many, many kind and well-informed travellers who will do their best to give you the answers that you are seeking. :)

The word that I don´t know it´s tongue in cheek, and a spoof. What is that.:confused: :confused:

I would have posted the same question if we were in the very back of the ship. My husband gets very sea sick so I didn't even consider the back. I appreciate all the hints about the ginger

Archived