Golden in Puerto Vallarta

star gazer

Last week on Tuesday in Puerto Vallarta, DW and I walked to the local shopping center. I noticed several crew members carrying heavy water containers from WalMart back to the Golden. I thought that was strange; any comments?

Last week on Tuesday in Puerto Vallarta, DW and I walked to the local shopping center. I noticed several crew members carrying heavy water containers from WalMart back to the Golden. I thought that was strange; any comments?

It has been rumored that crew members on the Golden like to drink water.

Maybe they know something we don't about the water onboard? LOL

My guess is they were more interested in the container than the water, especially if they were those 2 gal jugs that have a spout. That would make it easy for them to have water accessible in their cabin.

My guess is they were more interested in the container than the water, especially if they were those 2 gal jugs that have a spout. That would make it easy for them to have water accessible in their cabin.

Correctamundo!~ DING DING DING~!

It's the containers, a lot easier than having 77 bottles of water lying around the cabin. Plus drinking the water from the sink (its called black water) can make you sick.

Correctamundo!~ DING DING DING~!

It's the containers, a lot easier than having 77 bottles of water lying around the cabin. Plus drinking the water from the sink (its called black water) can make you sick.

Sorry, but "black water" is what is in the drains, not what comes out of the tap.

Mike:)

Many crew members love to go to the Wal-Mart in PV. It's within walking distance and it's the cheapest on just about anything they need to buy.

We talked to quite a few different crew members last month on the Golden and the recurring statement was, "I can't wait to go to Wal-Mart!" I guess they find that prices are much higher in other ports and it's not as convenient.

BTW, if you want to buy the least expensive pure vanilla around, it's at Wal-Mart for .78 cents for 4 oz. Avoid the port areas, "bargain deals" and buy 3 get one free deals.

BTW, DW and I went to Costco in PV to purchase a few items. That Costco is laid out almost the same as the one near our home. The big surprise was the small amount of customers.

In Mazatlan, the most fun was Stone Island. Went to Victors and the Pacifico was $1.50, chips and salsa was served on the side. Great place, got to meet Randi of horse fame.

Victor's sure beats CaboWabo, Corona is $4.50, awful chips and salsa that we refused was $7.50.

Archived