What Vaccinations required on World Cruise?

Vaccinations on World Cruises vary, dependent upon the ports visited.

The intinerary you are referring to, is, I think, a segment of the World Cruise and includes port calls in Panama, Columbia, Costa Rica and Mexico.

Chances are you will not require a vaccination for this particular segment.

Given the lead time associated with many vaccinations, it makes sense to contact the World Cruise Desk at HAL for current information.

I suspect what you are seeing on the website is a blanket for the entire voyage.

Vaccinations on World Cruises vary, dependent upon the ports visited.

The intinerary you are referring to, is, I think, a segment of the World Cruise and includes port calls in Panama, Columbia, Costa Rica and Mexico.

Chances are you will not require a vaccination for this particular segment.

Given the lead time associated with many vaccinations, it makes sense to contact the World Cruise Desk at HAL for current information.

I suspect what you are seeing on the website is a blanket for the entire voyage.

If you look at the HAL Site, it shows only Los Angeles with the VC comment against it. So my question is what does HAL know about LA that we don't?

If you look at the HAL Site, it shows only Los Angeles with the VC comment against it.

So my question is what does HAL know about LA that we don't?

Let's turn it around. Thanks to your keen observation, what do we know about the content on this page of the HAL website, that they don't? :D

Vaccinations are required by a country you are entering based on where you've been before.

Have you taken a look at the ports between Fort Lauderdale and Los Angeles? I suspect there's a port in there for which the United States requires a vaccination for entry.

Ruth - When I first saw this this morning, I checked the HAL site for that. None stood out as someplace that would require a vaccination before going to LA. You may see something I don't:

0 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 05:00 PM

1 At Sea

2 At Sea

3 Cartagena, Colombia 07:00 AM 01:00 PM

4 Enter Panama Canal Cristobal CO

4 Exit Panama Canal Balboa CO

5 At Sea

6 Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica 07:00 AM 08:00 PM

7 At Sea

8 Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala 06:00 AM 04:00 PM

9 Huatulco, Mexico 11:00 AM 06:00 PM

10 Acapulco, Mexico 08:00 AM 05:00 PM

11 At Sea

12 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 07:00 AM 02:00 PM

13 At Sea

14 Los Angeles, California

If you look at the HAL Site, it shows only Los Angeles with the VC comment against it. So my question is what does HAL know about LA that we don't?

Lots of strange to very strange folks walking around here! Never a dull moment! VC could also mean "Very Curious" or "Very Colorful"

Ruth - When I first saw this this morning, I checked the HAL site for that. None stood out as someplace that would require a vaccination before going to LA. You may see something I don't:

1 At Sea

2 At Sea

5 At Sea

7 At Sea

11 At Sea

13 At Sea

My guess would be Colombia requires a Yellowfever Vacc.

Am I misinformed?

There are about 75 annual port calls in Cartegena, across all the cruise lines. Cartegena is a common port call on Panama Canal transits. Columbia does not require a vaccination to enter. The CDC recommends discussing the need for vaccination with your medical provider, prior to visiting Columbia.

The ship is far removed from areas with known problems and to the best of my knowledge there are no shore excursions to the poppy fields.

The U.S. does not require any vaccinations for re-entry.

1 At Sea

2 At Sea

5 At Sea

7 At Sea

11 At Sea

13 At Sea

We did this cruise route last May on the Amsterdam and did not require any shots.

I would have thought Guatemala would have required it. I know I had to have it for one of my stops when going through the Panama Canal.

Bingo !

Guatemala requires a vaccination for travelers who have recently traveled from countries with known yellow fever risk. Columbia is one of those countries.

The last time we did the Panama Canal everyone was told to have a yellow fever vaccination. When we checked in at the pier the clerk wouldn't even look at the vaccination papers and said we didn't need them. Some people paid $150 to $200 for the shots and everyone was pretty ticked.

Yes, we went to Guatamela too.

The footnote for a vaccination required is with LA, not Guatemala or any other port/country. Thus it would appear (assuming the HAL site is correct and that is a mighty big assumption given the track record :rolleyes: ) that the vaccination is needed to enter the US.

The footnote for a vaccination required is with LA, not Guatemala or any other port/country. Thus it would appear (assuming the HAL site is correct and that is a mighty big assumption given the track record :rolleyes: ) that the vaccination is needed to enter the US.

That's the theory I was working on, too.

Strange. :confused:

Maybe things have changed but we've been to Guaramala and Cartegena several times and never needed Yellow Fever vaccination but our visits to each were not the same trip.

This is from the CDC site. Columbia is listed as a country where Yellow Fever is present, leading me to suspect it is possible that proof of vaccination might be required when a ship has visited Columbia on the same intinerary.

Although yellow fever is not a disease risk in Guatemala, the government requires travelers arriving from countries where yellow fever is present to present proof of yellow fever vaccination. If you will be traveling to one of these countries where yellow fever is present before arriving in Guatemala, this requirement must be taken into consideration.

The last time we did the Panama Canal everyone was told to have a yellow fever vaccination. When we checked in at the pier the clerk wouldn't even look at the vaccination papers and said we didn't need them. Some people paid $150 to $200 for the shots and everyone was pretty ticked.

Yes, we went to Guatamela too.

I am guessing that this is a potential liability issue. If for some reason, a passenger contracted Yellow Fever and was not advised to have a vaccination, before the cruise, it is possible the cruise line could be found negligent.

Instead of all this guessing and speculation about Colombia and Guatemala, why doesn't someone call HAL in Seattle and ask the question? Granted you may get different answers depending on who you talk to, but my inclination would be to ask to talk to someone in the Medical Dept. in Seattle.

My neighbors in Los Angeles are now combating illegal immigrants from Stepford. This is the newly required anti-robotic vaccination.

I can't speak for the entire WC, but I am on the Jan. 5 on the Rotterdam from Lauderdale to LA and I just called HAL and the person I spoke with said NO VACCINATIONS were needed. She put me on hold for a while to double check and came back and said nothing was needed.

Whew!;) I didn't really want to deal with that!

Jennifer

We are booked on the 26 day Statendam cruise Nov. 10th. HAL said we are required to have the certificate to show we have had the shot, since we will be calling on Colombia before arriving in Peru and Ecuador.

Chot

Archived